Author Topic: Affirmative Action and my other 'racist' thoughts  (Read 9784 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Affirmative Action and my other 'racist' thoughts
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2011, 03:27:02 PM »
But completely straying from my topic.

Is this the topic?

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNTTbFMzess&feature=related[/youtube]
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2011, 03:40:18 PM »
No stopped reading because the last 3 presidents haven't gone to Harvard....

If the first sentence in a line of criticism is simply not true, why bother reading the rest. Not good for credibility in any sense of the word. To address Rebel- yes a pretty outright mistake in the first line of an argument is enough to keep me from reading the rest.  This is not some "opinion I disagree with." It is a fact that one can confirm in 15 seconds using the internet. When I have to grade argumentative papers if someone presents a fact in their opening paragraph (never seen it in the opening line), I continue grading because I have to, but it takes away credibility from the entire rest of the paper.

That is not to mention that almost all the U.S. Presidents went to a liberal arts school so.... see Hayes, Nixon, Garfield, Reagan, Coolidge and many others who went to much more "liberal artsy" schools than Harvard..
All of the Presidents since LBJ have participated in raping this country with retarded social programs, stolen the funds out of S.S and contributed to the huge debt we have. Heaven forbid we continue electing intelligent idiots from liberal arts/Ivy League schools.   

Offline Intelligento

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2011, 03:44:22 PM »
All of the Presidents since LBJ have participated in raping this country with retarded social programs, stolen the funds out of S.S and contributed to the huge debt we have. Heaven forbid we continue electing intelligent idiots from liberal arts/Ivy League schools.   

Great that half of the names that I listed served before LBJ...

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2011, 03:45:16 PM »
All of the Presidents since LBJFDR have participated in raping this country with retarded social programs, stolen the funds out of S.S and contributed to the huge debt we have. Heaven forbid we continue electing intelligent idiots from liberal arts/Ivy League schools.   

Fixed. ...and we could go further back in history. The Constitution has had a bullseye on it pretty much since right after it was written.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2011, 03:53:02 PM »
Your opinion.  Like I said, it is the same way when I grade papers here, though then I am obligated to continue reading.  If you are going to post a fact make sure it is true.

I got 2 out of 3 right. Big deal. Bubba went to Georgetown just up the road.

BTW, what do you teach? It certainly can not be English composition because you do not separate two sentences together with only a comma.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 03:55:28 PM by Lacarnut »

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2011, 03:54:11 PM »

That's in D.C.

Offline Intelligento

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2011, 03:55:46 PM »

BTW, what do you teach? It certainly can not be English composition because you do separate two sentences together with only a comma.

66%. Not bad; better hope for a curve.

Teach developmental economics, so no, not English.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2011, 04:04:48 PM »
66%. Not bad; better hope for a curve.

Teach developmental economics, so no, not English.

So, do you support Obama's economic plan, and economic advisers that have left the WH like Larry Summers.

Offline Intelligento

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2011, 04:15:30 PM »
So, do you support Obama's economic plan, and economic advisers that have left the WH like Larry Summers.

Do not support Obama's economic plan, or at least not most aspects of it.  Not a huge fan of Summers either, though for other reasons, among them having the chance to meet with him and generally finding him to be pompous. 

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2011, 04:43:39 PM »
Do not support Obama's economic plan, or at least not most aspects of it.  Not a huge fan of Summers either, though for other reasons, among them having the chance to meet with him and generally finding him to be pompous. 

Being an developmental economist, I would hope so. The greenie industry has been catastrophic for low income people here and abroad. Corn based Ethanol burns almost as much energy in the manufacturing process as it produces. The imbalance caused by increased production of corn has resulted in other agricultural crops to increase in price dramatically. The poor in third world countries spend a hefty amount on food while the amount percentage wise is much less here. Even Al Gore think Ethanol is bad. .

Offline Intelligento

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2011, 05:41:14 PM »
Being an developmental economist, I would hope so. The greenie industry has been catastrophic for low income people here and abroad. Corn based Ethanol burns almost as much energy in the manufacturing process as it produces. The imbalance caused by increased production of corn has resulted in other agricultural crops to increase in price dramatically. The poor in third world countries spend a hefty amount on food while the amount percentage wise is much less here. Even Al Gore think Ethanol is bad. .

Haha
I would be more than willing to discuss my thoughts on these issues in another thread.  :)

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2011, 05:48:29 PM »
No no, you missed the point.  The rest of the post could be entirely true, but if the first line is blatantly wrong it deters from the entirety of the argument.

The word you're looking for is detracts.  If we're going to talk about making strong arguments, another thing that makes for a strong argument is using the proper word.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2011, 11:03:48 PM »
Here's a question for Mr. Brown. If we're all the same, why do liberals put us all in classes? Afterall, "African American" was created by liberals. African American? WTF is that? My ancestry is Irish-Scottish, but I don't say I'm an Irish-Scottish American, I say I'm an American. Why the hell should it matter where my ancestors came from? OHHHH, that's the issue, isn't it? It's for societal engineering. Got it. So people, with relatives from the continent of Africa, are somehow predisposed to act that way, right? I mean, afterall, why else would it even be an issue or even a reason for bringing up the topic?

I would REALLY like to hear the answers to these questions. Somehow, I think "intelligento" feels the same way, but I guess we'll see.

Offline Intelligento

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2011, 11:10:51 PM »
Here's a question for Mr. Brown. If we're all the same, why do liberals put us all in classes? Afterall, "African American" was created by liberals. African American? WTF is that? My ancestry is Irish-Scottish, but I don't say I'm an Irish-Scottish American, I say I'm an American. Why the hell should it matter where my ancestors came from? OHHHH, that's the issue, isn't it? It's for societal engineering. Got it. So people, with relatives from the continent of Africa, are somehow predisposed to act that way, right? I mean, afterall, why else would it even be an issue or even a reason for bringing up the topic?

I would REALLY like to hear the answers to these questions. Somehow, I think "intelligento" feels the same way, but I guess we'll see.

Agreed.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2011, 06:58:24 AM »
Here's a question for Mr. Brown. If we're all the same, why do liberals put us all in classes?

Because everybody knows minorities are too helpless to make it on their own.

DUH!

:fuelfire:
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2011, 09:56:01 AM »
Intelligento I must say it has been awhile since I have run across such a contradictory sort as you.
All through this thread you follow the typical liberal tactic of disclaimer, disclaimer, disclaimer, whammo punchline, disclaimer. Grow a spine, son. Stop backpedaling and stand your ground. Bitchslapped for that.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq1aU6rFcNQ[/youtube]

FYI there are more Klansmen north of the Mason-Dixon line than south of it, most of them in Pennsylvania. You would fit right in it seems as your thinly masked bigotry shows right through. I wouldn't say you were prejudiced though as you seem to disdain everyone equally.

Everyone is racist. That is an undeniable fact of simple human nature. How one deals with that to rise above it is what sets one apart, or not. If we could all get beyond being hyphenated Americans and just be Americans we just might all find we have a lot in common and get along splendidly. Your insistence, ad nauseum, that you are not a racist followed at length with bigotry shows your true stripe, common rabble. Rabble is to be found in every creed and at every income level as are Ladies and Gentlemen. You, Sir are no Gentleman. You seem to rather enjoy employing selective racism, blatantly or implied, if it suits you.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMDY4cv1lcU[/youtube]

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Intelligento

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2011, 10:04:12 AM »
Duly noted- I am a flaming racist because I think affirmative action is a god-awful system.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 10:15:34 AM by Intelligento »

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2011, 11:15:36 AM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLDVzyWMCXU&feature=related[/youtube]
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2011, 01:17:13 PM »
Duly noted- I am a flaming racist because I think affirmative action is a god-awful system.

It was never inferred that you were a racist because you opposed affirmative action.

Offline Intelligento

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2011, 01:19:10 PM »
It was never inferred that you were a racist because you opposed affirmative action.

Oh of course- I am a racist because I chose to differentiate my "white friends" from "those of color" in discussing the issue of affirmative action.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2011, 03:52:23 PM »
Oh of course- I am a racist because I chose to differentiate my "white friends" from "those of color" in discussing the issue of affirmative action.

I don't think anyone inferred that either. That is not racism. You, however, did infer that racism is still very prevalent in the south. ....and that's what got the ball rolling and why people had to educate you on your own bigotry. If you hadn't cast the first stone from your ivory tower, this topic would have read quite differently.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2011, 04:02:09 PM »
I don't think anyone inferred that either. That is not racism. You, however, did infer that racism is still very prevalent in the south. ....and that's what got the ball rolling and why people had to educate you on your own bigotry. If you hadn't cast the first stone from your ivory tower, this topic would have read quite differently.

Thank you for explaining this to the OP.  Perhaps he can learn something that he's obviously not learning at Harvard.

Offline Intelligento

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2011, 04:09:06 PM »

I'm still unsure what you are trying to say.  I said in my own experience racism was more prevalent in the south.  That is not a point that can be argued? If others have had their own experiences and those have been different then fine, but when I make a claim that is "from my own experience," any argument is moot.

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2011, 06:16:26 PM »

That's racist!

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."