Author Topic: What now, war with Pakistan?  (Read 745 times)

Offline thundley4

What now, war with Pakistan?
« on: May 02, 2011, 06:30:23 PM »
Faygo Kid   (1000+ posts)             Mon May-02-11 07:04 PM
Original message
So what now about Pakistan? Does anyone believe they didn't know about Bin Laden's pad?

This is tough. They have nuclear (or as Bush would say, nucular) weapons. Still, it's obvious that the gigantic home of Bin Laden had to be known to Pakistani authorities. This is not good. That cannot be ignored. I'm not sure what we should do, but I don't think we can take a pass on this one.

Your thoughts are welcomed. Really.

Drale (1000+ posts)             Mon May-02-11 07:05 PM
Response to Original message
1. They have the same problem we do

They have a faction in their government that is friendly with terrorists. The difference is their terrorist friends have and will use violence and our terrorists have not used violence yet but probably will in the future when the realize they are hated and will never win again.

Yeah. I worry that the leftists will go nuts in Nov. 2012 , too.

quinnox (1000+ posts)           Mon May-02-11 07:05 PM
2. I dont think another war is worth it

We have enough on our hands already. Even if Pakistan was protecting bin Laden, which they deny by the way.

Enrique (1000+ posts)           Mon May-02-11 07:08 PM
3. they probably helped us with this operation

they just can't say it.

It was less than a mile from their "West Point", and it sounds like they helped build it.  Unless the Pakistan government offers up a scapegoat, this is a HUGH Slap in the face to Ubama.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: What now, war with Pakistan?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 06:34:36 PM »
This is tough. They have nuclear (or as Bush would say, nucular) weapons

I'm being nit-picky I know, but Carter pronounced it that way 1st.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 06:35:58 PM »
Yeah.

Drale (1000+ posts)             Mon May-02-11 07:05 PM

1. They have the same problem we do

They have a faction in their government that is friendly with terrorists. The difference is their terrorist friends have and will use violence and our terrorists have not used violence yet but probably will in the future when the realize they are hated and will never win again.

What thundley4 said.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 06:49:17 PM »
Link?
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 06:55:43 PM »
Link?

Whoa.

Wait.

What?

thundley4 missed putting in a link?

By George he did; it's truly a rare phenomenon, thundley4 omitting to put in a link.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 07:04:37 PM »
Whoa.

Wait.

What?

By George he did; it's truly a rare phenomenon, thundley4 omitting to put in a link.

Excrescence happens.  Not often, but it  does.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 07:07:13 PM »
Whoa.

Wait.

What?

Well, somebody BS the guy.
I don't have enough seniority to do it myself. :fuelfire:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 07:08:16 PM »
Well, somebody BS the guy.
I don't have enough seniority to do it myself. :fuelfire:
Slacker.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 07:13:01 PM »
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Mike B the Cajun

• Pot Stirrer
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 09:56:29 PM »
I prefer cautious. :old:

Bitchslap for being cautious... ::)
Don't get stuck on stupid...

I am of the CauCajun persuasion...  :-)

Leftwing lunatic thought process concerning police: I'm armed with bad breath and body odor. The police are armed with a badge, a tazer, a 9mm, and a shotgun.  I should antagonize them.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 11:36:29 PM »
quinnox (1000+ posts)           Mon May-02-11 07:05 PM
2. I dont think another war is worth it

We have enough on our hands already. Even if Pakistan was protecting bin Laden, which they deny by the way.

Every prison is full of innocent people . Just ask most any prisoner if they're guilty as charged.  ::)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 12:28:49 AM »
I've heard it a hundred times, but it still bugs me when the jug-eared Kenyan says "Pawkistawn".

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 06:55:18 AM »
I've heard it a hundred times, but it still bugs me when the jug-eared Kenyan says "Pawkistawn".

Interesting, just look back to the OLD days when the Motto was--One cannot buy a true friend---

Our government has been doing this for years, seems the more money we give to a nation the more they hate us.   Shows how weak we are.   America has been funneling billions of dollars into Pakistan for what reason???   Is the country better off for it, has it improved the lives of the everyday citizens, have they built schools and hospitals with a prominent sign of ---A gift from the USA?????   Do their bridges and dams have any sign that they were gifts to that nation ????  Hell no.

They ****ing hate us and the more they hate us, the more money we give them to bribe them into being our friend.

Look at the cost of helping out nations in a time of natural disasters, we spend in millions of cash and millions more in relief people, service men doctors and missionary's to help, do the appreciate it, send us a Thank You Card to all involved with their problem not ours????? 

Japan is a good example, we took a country that declared war on us, caused a war the killed over millions of Americans somewhere in the world and after we brought them to their knees, spent over 60 years rebuilding their country, we still send them a billion or so each year for some reason after 60+ years.

WTF is the matter with us, The Japanese invaded China, do they send them any money, they invaded Korea, do either North or South Korea send them money ????

How much money did the Russians sent to post war Germany after the war to today.

This is akin to having your home invaded, family members killed and then paying the defence to acquit the killers.  Then paying their hospital bills and buying them new homes. 

Now if the Italian Mafia was running the country it would be a different story.     

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 07:15:06 AM »
I heard a report on FNC this morning, from a Pakistani on the ground there, that the Pakistani Army went around to the neighboring houses about an hour before the raid, telling everyine to turn off their outside lights . . . which would make sense for light pollution to the helicopter pilots.

Different factions within the Pakistani Army, I guess . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 07:20:57 AM »
I heard a report on FNC this morning, from a Pakistani on the ground there, that the Pakistani Army went around to the neighboring houses about an hour before the raid, telling everyine to turn off their outside lights . . . which would make sense for light pollution to the helicopter pilots.

Different factions within the Pakistani Army, I guess . . .

I doubt that. That seems out of the norm and the very well-off Bin Laden would have paid for that information. Not to mention, if everyone in the town all the sudden turned out their lights, they would have known something was up. He didn't survive this long by being stupid. I could be wrong, but this scenario just doesn't seem plausible.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 10:12:46 AM »
Bitchslap for being cautious... ::)

Bitchslap for everyone on this page.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!