Author Topic: Wisconsin grocery stores warned to watch for stickers protesting Gov. Scott Walk  (Read 344 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
The Northerner  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Apr-29-11 02:37 PM
Original message
Wisconsin grocery stores warned to watch for stickers protesting Gov. Scott Walker supporters

Edited on Fri Apr-29-11 02:42 PM by The Northerner
MADISON — The Wisconsin Grocers Association is warning its members to be on the lookout for opponents of Gov. Scott Walker who are planning to deface some products in grocery stores on Sunday.

Walker opponents have urged consumers to boycott companies that have donated to the governor’s campaign.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported there’s a current effort to expand the boycott nationally by placing stickers on products in grocery stores. Among the targeted products are Johnsonville brats, AngelSoft toilet paper, Sargento cheese and Coors beer.

In a statement, Wisconsin AFL-CIO president Phil Neuenfeldt says his organizations have not encouraged any boycotts.

The grocers group has created a sign for stores to post alerting people that placing stickers on products in stores is illegal.

Source: http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20110428/GP...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x988230

My only comment is :nelson:

You would think champions of the environment, like all lefties, wouldn't wast natural resources on stupid protest ideas in the first place.
How many trees were murdered by 3M to make those sticky notes?

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
They are just copying the tea party people who started the idea of posting stickys with anti-Obama messages on gas pumps and at the grocery store.

The only difference is that tea party people have been told to use stickys so they come off with no off-color language. 

These goons, I'm sure, are planning to use permanent stickers with Sharpies and crude language. 

They ruin all the fun!!!

Offline ChuckJ

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported there’s a current effort to expand the boycott nationally by placing stickers on products in grocery stores. Among the targeted products are Johnsonville brats, AngelSoft toilet paper, Sargento cheese and Coors beer.

If I'm not mistaken, a good while back Sargento Cheese pulled their ads from Beck's show and the DUmmies cheered. Looks like they've went from hero to zero.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Some union called for a boycott of Walgreens which employs Teamsters as drivers.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey