Author Topic: In collision between comedy and cognitive dissonance, comedy wins  (Read 384 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
hlthe2b Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Apr-28-11 11:24 PM
Response to Original message
1. I don't get it... What point was he trying to make?

:shrug:

jillan Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Apr-28-11 11:26 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. I'm not sure, but he was alot harder on msnbc than he was on faux.

Sometimes I just don't get Jon Stewart's humor.

FarLeftFist (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Apr-28-11 11:28 PM
4. It's strange to see that some people don't see the racial tinge in all of this.

Even in the entire GOP platform. The far right claims they aren't racist but their policies are so anti-poor and anti-middle class that 'racist' is OK shorthand. Even on the abortion issue, I swear it is racially motivated for them.

In NYC there are 1600 black children aborted for ever 1000 live births.

Who are the the racists?

And if you happen to be lurking: http://www.blackgenocide.org/black.html

Here's a quote from the page:

"Several years ago, when 17,000 aborted babies were found in a dumpster outside a pathology laboratory in Los, Angeles, California, some 12-15,000 were observed to be black."

--Erma Clardy Craven (deceased)
Social Worker and Civil Rights Leader

Apparently democrats still sell blacks for fun and profit.

wiggle-room (140 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Apr-28-11 11:37 PM
Response to Reply #10
11. It is the cw of DU seemingly, but I don't see a lot of proof that it is fact.

JS obviously doesn't either.

FarLeftFist (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Apr-28-11 11:45 PM
Response to Reply #11
16. Of course its a fact.

TRANSLATION: He's my black person! I can make it mean whatever I say it means!

wiggle-room (140 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Apr-28-11 11:49 PM
Response to Reply #16
18. But there has to me more than assertion to make that claim valid.

And like I said, I really haven't seen any proof to back up that claim.

jillan Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Apr-28-11 11:47 PM
Response to Reply #11
17. Then why didn't anyone make John McCain show his birth certificate when he was

born in the Panama Canal Zone and not on US soil? Why do the birthers want to know how Obama got into college when no one asked that of W?

Why do the birthers hold up signs of Obama dressed as a witch doctor?

[pic of Obama as witch doctor]

or this?

[pic of Obama as Mr T]

Or the recent one sent out by a congress women in California thru email that said she had the reason no one can find Obama's birth certificate and the email had a photo of 3 apes, the baby ape having Obama's face photoshopped on it?

I could go on and on, but these 2 pictures are offensive enough.

It should be noted that:

1) I don't see why making Obama appear as Mr T is, in and of itself, racist. It merely shows Obama as a bombastic doofus. Maybe Jidiot is claiming Mr T is an insult to blacks?

2) Even on the racially objectionable chimp and witch doctor (weird, cuz liberals idolize primitive cultures) neither of the imagees had anything to do with the BC

wiggle-room (140 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Apr-29-11 12:06 AM
Response to Reply #17
21. Well, we raised some of those questions regarding mccain and w.

Especially w. We also went after his military "service." We also did our equivalent of accusing him of "palling around with terrorists."

Repubs and their fringe birther elements come after Obama with guns blazing because that is what they do to Democrats. They did it with Carter, Clinton, Gore and Kerry. There is no assertion they won't throw to see if it gains traction. The birth certificate thing gained some traction. The major motivation, imho, was to harm as much as possible a Democratic president. This seems far more substantiated by recent events than some racist conspiracy.

To your photos, yes, I'm sure one can find examples such as those, but they seem to me to be the exception rather than the rule. I just don't see racism on a grand scale powering the birthers, the tea party and the larger repuke party. I'd need to see some proof.

Enjoy your stay.

notesdev (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Apr-29-11 12:20 AM
Response to Reply #17
24. Actually McCain had issues of his own

They passed a resolution in Congress specifically to clear up McCain's situation.

Stop ruining my fun.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x983911
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

Re: In collision between comedy and cognitive dissonance, comedy wins
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 07:58:25 AM »
I don't think wiggle-room has much room to wiggle before getting a pizza delivered to him.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 08:57:34 AM »
I don't think wiggle-room has much room to wiggle before getting a pizza delivered to him.

Yes...far too rational, and seems to think that 'Racism' actually has to have something to do with 'Race.'
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 02:29:37 PM »
FarLeftFist (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Apr-28-11 11:28 PM
4. It's strange to see that some people don't see the racial tinge in all of this.

Even in the entire GOP platform. The far right claims they aren't racist but their policies are so anti-poor and anti-middle class that 'racist' is OK shorthand. Even on the abortion issue, I swear it is racially motivated for them.

In other words you feel that because they are black they can never succeed so they inherently must be poor.

Who is the racist?  :bird: