Author Topic: Walker plan holds down property taxes, lowest structural deficit in 15 years  (Read 974 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
The unions went all in against Scott Walker and the Republicans in Wisconsin in the past two months.  First they paralyzed state government while Democrats fled the Senate, and when that failed to derail public-employee union reform, they spent a fortune trying to unseat a conservative justice on the Supreme Court in what normally would have been a sleepy election.  That effort failed as well, and the unions are about out of plays for the next eighteen months.

Walker has played long ball, however, and his economic policies got a major boost yesterday from the state’s budget office.  His new budget will keep property taxes from rising more than 1% each of the next two years, and his proposal has all but eliminated the state’s deficit: ...
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/04/16/walker-plan-holds-down-property-taxes-delivers-lowest-structural-deficit-in-15-years/

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
Scott Walker sure is evil.  ::)

I'd love to see something like that pass in Nevada.  We don't own a home... yet, but we definitely don't want to watch property taxes skyrocket either.  Less than 1%, huh?  Sounds nice.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Property tax affects renters too. 

Since 2006, my rent has gone from $550 to nearly $700 for the same apartment.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
Property tax affects renters too. 

Since 2006, my rent has gone from $550 to nearly $700 for the same apartment.

I know, I know.

But we don't pay a huge chunk.  We get to "share" it with the other renters.  I forget how much we pay in taxes on our apartment.  I'd have to check the break down.

You may call me Jessica or Jess.