Author Topic: AP Asks Democratic Frontrunner about “Obama bin Laden”  (Read 859 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

whoopsie.  there goes your pulitzer, pal.  don't expect anyone to buy you a drink down at the
waterin' hole tonight, either.  I'm sorta suprised the crowd of journalists didn't turn on him, rip
him to pieces, and put his head on a stick. :-)

AP Asks Democratic Frontrunner about “Obama bin Laden”

At the close of Q and A at an Associated Press luncheon in Washington, DC, AP chairman Dean SIngleton skipped over a question on what’s becoming known as “bitter-gate” in favor of asking Illinois Senator Barack Obama what he surely thought would be a less controversial question on Iraq.

Would the senator be willing to shift a substantial number of troops from Iraq to Afghanistan, asked Singleton, where the Taliban has been gaining strength — and “Obama bin Laden” is still at large.

The room was quiet - as the crowd contemplated whether they’d heard what they thought they heard. But Obama, apparently, heard the same thing. After a pause and a smile, he said “I think that was OSAMA bin Laden.”

A red-faced Singleton put his hands to his head. “If I did that, I’m so sorry!” he said to nervous laugher in the room

Obama diffused the situation fairly effortlessly. “This is part of the exercise that i’ve been going through over the last 15 months,” he said, breaking into a grin. “Which is why it’s pretty impressive ‘m still standing here.” The professionally-stoic crowd of journalists gave him a round of applause.

Linky

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: AP Asks Democratic Frontrunner about “Obama bin Laden”
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 03:12:16 PM »
Ruh Roh!!!! Of course the MSM will play this to death to drown out the bittergate/wrightgate stuff.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle