Author Topic: Are *that* many of us really *that* wrong? (Cat box boy)  (Read 2401 times)

Online CC27

Are *that* many of us really *that* wrong? (Cat box boy)
« on: March 28, 2011, 08:12:20 AM »
Stinky The Clown Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Mar-28-11 08:54 AM
Original message
Are *that* many of us really *that* wrong?

It seems really kinda simple: Raise taxes on the wealthy and reduce corporate loopholes.

It seems really kinda simple: Cut the Defense budget and watch the deficit start to shrink.

It seems really kinda simple: Eliminate the FICA cap and watch the Social Security Fund rise so high and so fast that futur6e congresses can once again steal from it.

It really does seem kinda simple, doesn't it?

YES and YES. You are that wrong. Must be the kitty litter fumes.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x757255

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
Re: Are *that* many of us really *that* wrong? (Cat box boy)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 08:15:07 AM »
YES and YES. You are that wrong. Must be the kitty litter fumes.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x757255

He's "huffing" again.  (or is that "Huffington"?)
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 09:25:45 AM »
Cut the Defense budget and watch the deficit start to shrink.

Funny, last time I checked the Constitution, Article I, Section 8, the funding of the military was specifically called for.  Welfare, Department of Energy, Education, Social Security, not so much.

You could eliminate the ENTIRE DoD budget and still have a deficit of OVER $1 TRILLION.  Gee, why would that be, DUmmies?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 10:09:32 AM »
Considering what you believe in, O lord of the $hitbox, yes, you ARE all that wrong.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 10:18:27 AM »
It's curious how he brings up cutting defense spending, but is silent on entitlement spending.  Unfortunately, we are in such a hole right now, we are going to have to cut our defensive budget.....and entitlements.  We're going to have to cut down to the bone in a lot of areas and yes, I believe a tax increase will be necessary to bring us out.  The OP isn't only wrong, he's strictly partisan.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 10:22:23 AM »
Considering what you believe in, O lord of the $hitbox, yes, you ARE all that wrong.

A new title for Stinky! 

LORD OF THE SHITBOX!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline MP_Sarge

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 10:26:58 AM »
Funny, last time I checked the Constitution, Article I, Section 8, the funding of the military was specifically called for.  Welfare, Department of Energy, Education, Social Security, not so much.

You could eliminate the ENTIRE DoD budget and still have a deficit of OVER $1 TRILLION.  Gee, why would that be, DUmmies?

Exactly.
Nunquam Honorandum Nisi Merito
 Transgender American Veterans

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 10:30:19 AM »
Funny, last time I checked the Constitution, Article I, Section 8, the funding of the military was specifically called for.  Welfare, Department of Energy, Education, Social Security, not so much.You could eliminate the ENTIRE DoD budget and still have a deficit of OVER $1 TRILLION.  Gee, why would that be, DUmmies?

As soon as Very Barry can properly stack and pack The Supremes and get them  singing his tune they can reinterpret all those troublesome details away don't ya know.

We, The People, won't be troubled by that nasty old outdated, white slave owner created, document anymore.   :hammer:

You are going to love the new version of Truth, Justice, and, the AmeriKan Way by Commander Less Than Zero.

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 10:30:55 AM »
It's curious how he brings up cutting defense spending, but is silent on entitlement spending.  Unfortunately, we are in such a hole right now, we are going to have to cut our defensive budget.....and entitlements.  We're going to have to cut down to the bone in a lot of areas and yes, I believe a tax increase will be necessary to bring us out.  The OP isn't only wrong, he's strictly partisan.

To make any meaningful headway on the deficit, every part of spending has to be considered open for cutting and taxes will have to go up.  But they will have to be across the board increases, not just on the "rich".  

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 11:45:34 AM »

To make any meaningful headway on the deficit, every part of spending has to be considered open for cutting and taxes will have to go up.  But they will have to be across the board increases, not just on the "rich".  

Exactamundo.  And, obviously, we need to be more careful who we vote for next year. 

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 11:49:14 AM »
It's curious how he brings up cutting defense spending, but is silent on entitlement spending.  Unfortunately, we are in such a hole right now, we are going to have to cut our defensive budget.....and entitlements.  We're going to have to cut down to the bone in a lot of areas and yes, I believe a tax increase will be necessary to bring us out.  The OP isn't only wrong, he's strictly partisan.

Wrong.

Reaganomics works.........every time. There is no better revenue generating device than our economy unfettered by over taxation and over spending.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 11:51:19 AM »
We have a much larger deficit to overcome than the one Reagan inherited from Carter.  We simply cannot over come it with reducing spending alone.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 12:27:39 PM »
Stinky The Clown Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Mar-28-11 08:54 AM
Original message
Are *that* many of us really *that* wrong?

The fact that it occurs to him to even ask, shows that somewhere deep down inside, even Stinko suspects the harsh-but-true answer to that one.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 12:30:39 PM »
Someone accidentally loaded the bong with cat shit again.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 12:33:07 PM »
Someone accidentally loaded the bong with cat shit again.

Cindie

Probably Sparkly.  And I suspect that it may not have been an accident. (h/t to Franksolich) :lmao:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 12:55:05 PM »
Has anyone noticed the ad above this thread?

:lmao:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 01:02:46 PM »

All I see is an ad to teach Home repair to Bobo the Hobo.

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 01:25:12 PM »

Zoosk?  That's not funny, just creepy.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 01:27:22 PM »
Zoosk?  That's not funny, just creepy.

Well, damn!  It must have changed.

When I wrote that it was an ad for Cat Genie:

"Curiosity killed the catbox"
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 02:00:40 PM »
Well, damn!  It must have changed.

When I wrote that it was an ad for Cat Genie:

"Curiosity killed the catbox"

Du the lean, mean, money machine?  Who knew the DLC'ers could be such entrepreneurs??  Oh, thats right, rich liberals good, rich Conservatives BAD. Or has it just become a total commerical enterpise, a political pay for view, at this point?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 02:22:58 PM »

Capella University? ::)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 03:12:38 PM »
Dead people are more right then smelly the human house plant.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 03:13:16 PM »
Capella University? ::)

With fond memories of Radar on MASH, shouldn't that be Ah, Capella University? Or am I striking a discordant note here?? :whatever:

Offline longview

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 03:29:05 PM »
I, too, have the cat box ad.  Made me laugh.