Author Topic: Walker 2012?  (Read 1567 times)

Offline BowTied

• Probationary (Probie)
Walker 2012?
« on: March 18, 2011, 10:45:30 AM »
How about Scott Walker in 2012? He's the one guy, and seemingly a genuine conservative as opposed to a RINO, going toe-to-toe against the Obamunist regime.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Re: Walker 2012?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 06:53:18 PM »
No, for two reasons:
1) too early, any economic recovery taking place in WI will just be getting started come time to run and the MSM will write it off as a dead cat bounce
2) He will be attacked with the same fervor, if not more, than Sarah Palin for having the gall to stand up and do the right thing. Uninformed voters won't know the difference, and won't vote for him.

Offline RealConservativePatriot

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 10:11:37 PM »
I am, for now, leaning towards voting for Tim Pawlenty, he was a good governor who took on the unions. Pawlenty was Governor for 8 years and built a resume on a variety of issues, where as Walker has only been on the job for not even 2 months.

Offline gurn

• "Are they paying us? Why aren't they paying us?"
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 10:30:16 AM »
Walker may not survive re-election. I think what he's a hero.
He and all the GOP there have shown amazing courage.

But there is a swing vote of 7-10% who could turn against him because of this union stuff.
I think he knew it might make him a one-term governor. But he's doing this because it's right.

In short -- no. He's not going to run for President. He may not even take Wisconsin, if he was on the ticket.

"Our weak President, that kisses everybody's ass, is in more wars than I have ever seen. Now he's in Libya, he's in Afghanistan, he's in Iraq. Nobody respects us."
"This guy got the Nobel Peace Prize and every time I look is he's going into another country."

Offline BowTied

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 07:44:52 AM »
Pawlenty? Definitely merits consideration. Walker a one-termer, and knowing it? Certainly, and even more of a reason to admire the guy. It's the politicians willing to adhere to conservative principle even at the cost of their political asses that we need more of.