Author Topic: This just makes me want to punch myself in the face until I'm out cold...  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
Here let me do it Wee one :-)
WilliamPitt  (1000+ posts)       Wed Apr-09-08 08:09 PM
Original message
This just makes me want to punch myself in the face until I'm out cold... 
 ...so I won't be aware of shit like this anymore, or at least until I wake up. A nice reprieve, if you will.

From Dan Froomkin's daily Washington Post news round-up:

==

Laurent Lozano writes for AFP how Bush's attempts at humor did nothing to assuage some grim visitors yesterday: "Eight Afghan governors met with US President George W. Bush to tell him a few unpleasant truths about the plight of their country as coalition forces fight terrorists and the Taliban. "While grateful for the overthrow of the Taliban regime and the changes taking place since 2001, the governors complained about the slow pace of progress and how it was serving militants' interests, and about the 'excesses' of coalition forces.

"The eight visitors poured out their feelings in a very civil, one-hour dialogue with Bush, who is a former governor of Texas, and before a group of reporters, including AFP, at the White House Tuesday. Asadullah Hamdam, Governor of Oruzgan province, was first to raise the thorny issue of indiscriminate arrests by coalition troops. Bush, attempting to soften the moment by appealing to their shared experience as governors, told the group that he understood.

"'They come and complain to you,' he said, remembering his years as Texas governor (1995-2000).

"But seeing his Afghan guests' serious demeanor, Bush added haltingly: 'When somebody gets arrested that shouldn't have been arrested you file a complaint obviously. . . . '

"'If I just may,' Khost Governor Arsala Jamal politely cut in. 'I think the issue is greater than that: we have 640 detainees in Bagram and like the governor said, all the governors are facing this problem.' . . . Jamal told Bush about the nightmare people arrested without charge face, and became downcast when Bush apparently failed to understand his suggestion that some operations were best carried out by Afghan rather than coalition forces.

"'I got you,' Bush repeated several times."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/blog/2008/...

==

*punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch*...

*THUD*

*...aaaaaahhhhhhh...*

The first sign of a nervous breakdown 
Or a drunken stupor Willie! :-) Btw...What a ***** I coulda dropped him with one of those,coulda saved him some time and effort :-)http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3134520
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
This guy has to be one of the biggest bitches on DU.  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

The Official WillPitt Smiley

:rotf:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
LOL! I love it WE

Is the Pittser drinking bathtub gin or jet fuel or something these days? Sure sounds like it.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jukin

I'll punch him in the face.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
LOL! I love it WE

Is the Pittser drinking bathtub gin or jet fuel or something these days? Sure sounds like it.

image un-sporked.

:whatever:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 02:41:01 PM by Wretched Excess »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Not necessary, WE. :spork:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline mondonico

• Probationary (Probie)

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
I'll punch him in the face.
Isn't, um...isn't this the normal reaction to Pitt?  He must have looked in the mirror this morning and  just had a normal reaction to himself, the same reaction everyone who meets him must have.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
This just makes me want to punch myself in the face until I'm out cold... 

"Well that just makes me wanna' nail my nuts to a chair until I pass out"!
What a Psycho!  :rotf:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

Ummm . . . that ain't the Pittstain . . . that's Jason Leopold. :o
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
=

*punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch* *punch*...

*THUD*

Wow -- that put us in our place, didn't it?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
^LOL!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline mondonico

• Probationary (Probie)

Ummm . . . that ain't the Pittstain . . . that's Jason Leopold. :o

I know.........I don't want anyone to forget wee willy's connection to Mr. 24 Business hours.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Poor wee willy, he had so much and did absolutely nothing with it. He's the Paris Hilton of the ugly gene pool. For me the definitive Pitt is when he went on his rant about Andy (when for a few brief minutes he actually embraced reality) and talked about another friend who died of prostate cancer while the entire online moonbat world was focused on Scamdy. His ability to do a complete one-eighty and reject what he KNEW to be the truth to believe a lie...to admit he'd totally let a treasured friend, someone honestly worthy of help down to embrace a fraud speaks volumes about his character.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams