Author Topic: Sailor Shot by Police on Navy Base  (Read 4401 times)

Offline namvet

Re: Sailor Shot by Police on Navy Base
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 08:11:34 AM »
I wonder how that guy got access to the tank ????

Libtards today still call me a baby killer. some even say I was personally responsible for starting it. and its out come. it just rolls off my knife. but when they go after the those that died that's over the line. I put the brass knuckles on and let em have it. and their families. so they go run off crying to a mod their being abused. some times i get a temp ban some time im gone for good.

"THERE ARE NO GREAT MEN. THERE ARE ONLY GREAT CHALLENGES THAT ORDINARY MEN ARE FORCED BY CIRCUMSTANCES TO MEET" - ADM WILLIAM F HALSEY

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 08:41:18 AM »
You live close to vesta, don't you?

Gee, how'd ya guess?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 08:57:21 AM »
I wonder how that guy got access to the tank ????

The way they are normally secured, there is a way to get into them that all real tankers know.  It's fortunate he wasn't a better tank driver, the only thing that stopped him was getting high-centered on the rubble of the barriers; if he'd taken the time to turn and approach them at a steeper angle, he would have easily crossed them and continued the rampage until he ran out of Diesel.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 09:31:12 AM »
tsk tsk tsk. Squids.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline namvet

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 09:43:36 AM »

"THERE ARE NO GREAT MEN. THERE ARE ONLY GREAT CHALLENGES THAT ORDINARY MEN ARE FORCED BY CIRCUMSTANCES TO MEET" - ADM WILLIAM F HALSEY

Offline namvet

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2011, 09:44:28 AM »
The way they are normally secured, there is a way to get into them that all real tankers know.  It's fortunate he wasn't a better tank driver, the only thing that stopped him was getting high-centered on the rubble of the barriers; if he'd taken the time to turn and approach them at a steeper angle, he would have easily crossed them and continued the rampage until he ran out of Diesel.

and the cops wanted to know if it was armed

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2011, 10:35:10 AM »
and the cops wanted to know if it was armed

Unless it was stolen off the ready line at a tank gunnery range, it would not have main gun ammo on board in the US, nor would there be any live main gun rounds at the unit. 

The main gun was obviously secured in the travel lock, which means he couldn't aim it or the coax MG at anything even if he did have ammo for the 105 or had the coax MG mounted.  There was no .50 cal barrel showing from the TC cupola, either. 

Tank machine guns, and generally the main gun firing pin, are normally kept in the unit arms room, which is a lot harder to get into than a motor pool. 

Of course reporters don't actually know shit about much of anything anyway, and most cops don't know all that much more about weapons other than their carry piece beyond which end the bullets come out.  Facts obvious to a soldier can be total mysteries to them.  They were still right to shoot him, they had no way of knowing if he had a handgun on him, and the crew compartment of a tank is no place to try to wrestle down a possibly-armed man.   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2011, 02:32:36 PM »
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself