Author Topic: Meet Congress' "King Of Pork"  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Meet Congress' "King Of Pork"
« on: April 07, 2008, 10:45:48 PM »
Meet Congress' "King Of Pork"

“Every private entity that received an earmark from Rep. Murtha gave him a contribution. A campaign contribution,” Ryan Alexander for Taxpayers for Common Sense told CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson.

More mysterious is Murtha's million-dollar earmark to the "The Center for Instrumented Critical Infrastructure."

“We don’t even know if it even exists,” says anti-earmark Congressman Jeff Flake (R-AZ).  Back in July 2007, Flake had questions when he found no record of the Center. Murtha wasn’t there, so a colleague spoke for him.  The response to the question of whether the Center actually exists came from Congressman Pete Visclosky, D-Ind.: “At this time I do not know. But if it does not exist, the money cannot go to it.”

Congressman Murtha wouldn't tell CBS News if the Center exists... or agree to an interview.

His most notorious project is the government agency that the government doesn't want: The National Drug Intelligence Center, also in Murtha's hometown. Every year the White House tries to close it because they already have a Drug Intelligence Center. But Murtha keeps the duplicate open using half-a-billion dollars in earmarks.

[youtube=425,350]DcSYOo7HXy0[/youtube]

http://www.mudvillegazette.com/milblogs/archives/2008/04/07/#029906
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Meet Congress' "King Of Pork"
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 10:54:26 PM »
I do wonder where that money has gone.  Maybe the Center is Murtha's version of Clintonian "charity"...

Clinton Charitable Contributions Went To Clinton Foundation
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Re: Meet Congress' "King Of Pork"
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 01:18:43 PM »
I do wonder where that money has gone.  Maybe the Center is Murtha's version of Clintonian "charity"...

Clinton Charitable Contributions Went To Clinton Foundation

Hopefully, he'll have to use every last dime to pay a lawyer.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams