Author Topic: Queef Olberdork slides farther into irrelevance  (Read 8302 times)

Offline thundley4

Queef Olberdork slides farther into irrelevance
« on: February 08, 2011, 10:21:28 AM »
northoftheborder   (820 posts)           Tue Feb-08-11 11:07 AM
Original message
Keith supposed to announce this hour. Any news?
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x372903

Dappleganger   (1000+ posts)           Tue Feb-08-11 11:10 AM
Response to Original message
1. Al Gore just tweeted about it...

"Welcome to Current RT @KeithOlbermann Greetings from Keith Olbermann, Chief News Officer of Current Media! And awayyyyyy we go!"

eShirl (1000+ posts)           Tue Feb-08-11 11:11 AM
3. KO just tweeted about it,too

KeithOlbermann

Greetings from Keith Olbermann, Chief News Officer of Current Media! And awayyyyyy we go! #FOK 11 minutes ago via Twittelator

OMG !! 11 !! one-eleventy, this is series. Think of the powerhouse that these two together will become.  They will be a devastating force for the left.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Queef Olberdork slides farther into irrelevance
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 10:26:25 AM »
Rush is going to have a field day with this one.

:-)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 10:27:08 AM »
Current TC still exists?

Last time I looked it was nothing but a bunch of kids posting their videos.  :lmao:
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 10:37:42 AM »
They're so cute over there, employing that "whoo hoo" icon.  Apparently, Keef will have an equity stake in Current.com.  He'll make a fortune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 10:49:52 AM »
Current TV?

Doesn't that channel that shows a fireplace all the time get higher ratings than them?
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 11:07:35 AM »
I thought Current was the gay network. Oh, wait...it is....just not that kind of gay.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 11:13:55 AM »
From another thread on this topic.

monmouth   (1000+ posts)             Tue Feb-08-11 12:11 PM
Original message
I suspect and also hope heads will explode at the major media

outlets when Keith starts his gig at Current. This low on the rung outlet could hit the charts big time with Keith. He has a huge following and I for one will not miss it. I would love, love I tell ya, to see MSNBC, Faux and CNN be outnumbered by Keith in his time slot. I'm hoping for two shows or one and with a repeat. Go Current!!
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x373338

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 11:17:29 AM »
monmouth   (1000+ posts)             Tue Feb-08-11 12:11 PM
Original message

outlets when Keith starts his gig at Current. This low on the rung outlet could hit the charts big time with Keith. He has a huge following and I for one will not miss it. I would love, love I tell ya, to see MSNBC, Faux and CNN be outnumbered by Keith in his time slot. I'm hoping for two shows or one and with a repeat. Go Current!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Now that's funny, right there! UberDork was last in line before! Now he's headed to obscurity! One more year and he will dissolve completely!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 11:21:29 AM »

outlets when Keith starts his gig at Current. This low on the rung outlet could hit the charts big time with Keith. He has a huge following and I for one will not miss it. I would love, love I tell ya, to see MSNBC, Faux and CNN be outnumbered by Keith in his time slot.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: 

:rotf: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf:

Keep dreaming DUmmies.  A test pattern will get better ratings than Keef's show on CurrentTV.  Most people don't get it or can't find the damn channel.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 11:29:28 AM »
Keith who?

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 11:33:51 AM »
Most people don't get it or can't find the damn channel.
The vast, vast majority either haven't heard of it, or if they have, won't even try to find it. The tiny clique of moonbats who watch PMSNBC is an enormous audience compared to Algore's money pit.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 11:33:58 AM »
Oh my, how embarrassing!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 11:52:48 AM »
Keef :loser: gets to be a big turd in a small bowl, which is important to him. At MSNBC his status as bull goose and godfather for the lesser talents was a big ego-stroke.

It's worth looking at the fact that Keef :loser: moved from one Comcast holding (MSNBC) to another (Comcast owns 10% of Current TV).
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 11:55:56 AM »
Keef :loser: gets to be a big turd in a small bowl, which is important to him. At MSNBC his status as bull goose and godfather for the lesser talents was a big ego-stroke.

It's worth looking at the fact that Keef :loser: moved from one Comcast holding (MSNBC) to another (Comcast owns 10% of Current TV).

Which begs the question, which is better, a small turd in a big bowl? or a big turd in a small bowl?  :???:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 12:02:43 PM »
The vast, vast majority either haven't heard of it, or if they have, won't even try to find it. The tiny clique of moonbats who watch PMSNBC is an enormous audience compared to Algore's money pit.

"Current" is not even available on my (Comcast) cable system, or in my satellite package, and there is some pretty obscure stuff in that. The press release stated that "Current" is only available to 75 million TV households, which is only about 2/3rds of the total US.

Unless a "network" is broadcast  over-the-air (falls under the "Must Carry" FCC regulations), below a certain level of viewership, the network has to actually PAY the cable or satellite carrier to put them on......and those fees are quite heavy, particularly in the top thirty Nielsen markets.  

I doubt that KO will even move the needle for Current......his ratings at MSNBC ran consistently under a million per night.......on Current he'll be lucky if he can hit 100k......the threshold for the TV ratings system STARTS at 300k.  A shows Nielsen numbers (or lack thereof) drives the "rate card", which is the price the network can charge for advertising on the show.  A "One-share" which was KO's average numbers at MSNBC mean that a 30 second spot will sell for around a grand apiece.......  A "point 3" share which represents about the max that KO can generate on "Current" will mean a price of about $100 for the same 30-second spot.......meaning his advertisers (if there are any) will likely be your local "Gutter Helmet" company.

doc
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 12:14:20 PM by TVDOC »

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 12:05:59 PM »

Yes, this is interesting.  H5 for the tip.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 12:06:04 PM »
The last time I saw Current was on Time-Warner in North Carolina (Raleigh), but that was many years ago. They could have dropped it by now.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 12:19:57 PM »
The last time I saw Current was on Time-Warner in North Carolina (Raleigh), but that was many years ago. They could have dropped it by now.

It's on my DishNetwork but I have a lock on it. Don't want to even mistakenly click it! Talk about some real MoonBat crap!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 12:21:09 PM »
I did the same with MSNBC :rofl:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 12:32:46 PM »
Which begs the question, which is better, a small turd in a big bowl? or a big turd in a small bowl?  :???:

Depends on how many times you have to go at it with a coat hangar before it flushes.

:-)
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 12:33:50 PM »
Can Current afford Keef's $7 million salary?

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 12:45:22 PM »

Sure they can! Al, "it will never snow again", Gore, will just sell some more "carbon" credits to his rich followers in HollyWierd!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 12:59:07 PM »
deminks   (1000+ posts)           Tue Feb-08-11 01:59 PM
4. A Message from Keith Olbermann

Edited on Tue Feb-08-11 02:00 PM by deminks
Nothing is more vital to a free America than a free media, and nothing is more vital to my concept of a free media than news produced independently of corporate interference. In Current Media, Al Gore and Joel Hyatt have created the model truth-seeking entity. The opportunity to partner with Al, Joel and Mark Rosenthal makes this the most exciting venture in my career.
- Current Media press release quoting Keith Olbermann

http://current.com/keith-olbermann/
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x373946

No corporate influence means no need to worry about ratings.  Something tells me that local access channels on basic cable will draw higher ratings than Queef.  Think Wayne's World for public access TV.

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 01:01:49 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x373946

No corporate influence means no need to worry about ratings.  Something tells me that local access channels on basic cable will draw higher ratings than Queef.  Think Wayne's World for public access TV.

Think "Air America", with video..........

doc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 01:02:22 PM »

He was making $7 mil a year?  With those miserable ratings?  I wonder what Fox pays O'Reilly/Hannity and the scientologist?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender