Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Rush Limbaugh  (Read 1855 times)

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: DUmmies Discuss Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 01:11:24 PM »
A .243 at 500 yards?  What bullet weight are ya shooting, AR?

One of the local want ad websites in my neck of the woods has got a Ruger 77 Compact in .243 listed, with a Nikon 3-9x40 on it, stainless steel, for $695.  Sweet-looking.

I use 80 grain for the long shots and 100 for day to day huntin'. Still it drops close to 2 feet at 500, but it's a pretty flat line trajectory, not much arc.

Stainless, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 01:17:15 PM »
A .243 at 500 yards?  What bullet weight are ya shooting, AR?

One of the local want ad websites in my neck of the woods has got a Ruger 77 Compact in .243 listed, with a Nikon 3-9x40 on it, stainless steel, for $695.  Sweet-looking.

Even a .223 will knock a target down at 300 yards. Trust me. I've done it. Thousands of times.  :stirpot:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 01:18:58 PM »
The DUmmies don't see the irony that Rush is only saying about them what the left says about conservatives. They want to silence the right and take their guns away. It's the same thing Rush said about them.

Very true. The hypocrisy is astounding from the left. They say this to the right every day and they have the gall to whine about this now that it's been turned on them. DUmmies are about as sharp as a bag of wet mice.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 01:51:12 PM »
Even a .223 will knock a target down at 300 yards. Trust me. I've done it. Thousands of times.  :stirpot:

I've knocked down targets at 300 yards (meters) with a 5.56, too.  A lot.

AR, it's got a 16 1/4" barrel.  It's the carbine version, but I like it a lot.  Thing is, I promised my wife that I'd get her an 870 Synthetic in 20 gauge.  A couple of my friends told me, "She'll just shoot you in the back with it."  I told her that, and she smiled and said, "I'd never shoot you in the back."  All I ask is to see the damn shot load coming.

I've also got my eye on a Marlin 1894C in .357 Magnum, too.  If you want to see why, go to the thread on the .357 Magnum in the "Living Off The Grid and Survival" forum.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 02:12:26 PM »
Even a .223 will knock a target down at 300 yards. Trust me. I've done it. Thousands of times. 
My personal best is a 463 yd. groundhog with a .222, 50 gr. Sierra Blitz, 19.5 gr. IMR4198. It took 4 shots and an hour and a half, because I had to wait for him to come back out three times. He must have really been hungry, or maybe there was more than one in the hole. The ground was dry enough to see my misses, but I still refer to it as an accidental shooting.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 02:23:40 PM »
My personal best is a 463 yd. groundhog...

That's a big ****ing groundhog!
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2011, 04:49:27 PM »
When the Dummie hits over 1000 meters then I'll worry. Here is what kind of rifle I trained on at Ft campbells Sniper school. The XM-21. We didn't used the scope till after the 600 meter line.

That was one nice rifle to shoot.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2011, 05:44:10 PM »
That's a big ****ing groundhog!

Isn't it, though! :o
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 07:46:03 AM »
When the Dummie hits over 1000 meters then I'll worry. Here is what kind of rifle I trained on at Ft campbells Sniper school. The XM-21. We didn't used the scope till after the 600 meter line.

That was one nice rifle to shoot.

Looks like an M-14/M1A1.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 11:53:53 AM »
Looks like an M-14/M1A1.

It started out as one. The Army rebuilt them and made them more accurate out to about 1100 meters. One thing you learn about real quick is that when your targets are no bigger then the width of your front sight you are really going to have fun hitting center mass. When i was in the school the scopes were ART II and all you had to do to hit the target after you zeroed them in was to put the stadia lines on the crosshairs in the right spot, most of the time that was between the waistline and the top of the head. If its windy or hot then you would have to adjust for that but otherwise you could hit a target aout to 1100-1200 meters.

An ART II scope looes like this when loking through it but with only the inner most verticle and horiszontal lines on the crosshairs.

MOLON LABE