Author Topic: At Least 3 Detroit Police Officers Shot at Precinct, Cops Say  (Read 3471 times)

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: At Least 3 Detroit Police Officers Shot at Precinct, Cops Say
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 06:20:12 PM »
Has anyone ever seen "District 9"? 

Did anyone see a striking similarity to a city like Detroit?

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 06:23:35 PM »
Detroit, South Africa... what's the difference.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 06:32:31 PM »
Detroit, South Africa... what's the difference.

I live in Memphrica as the locals like to call it.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 06:34:14 PM »
That sounds about right from what I've heard of Shelby County.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 06:35:20 PM »
That sounds about right from what I've heard of Shelby County.

HOT DAMN!  WE ARE FAMOUS! :hyper:

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2011, 07:42:49 AM »
Brought about by one-party rule for decades.  Look at the other liberal shitholes like Chicago, New York (and no, Bloomberg is NOT even a RINO), Los Angeles, and Boston, for starters.

I agree that these one party rules, for decades tend to not turn out so well.  I have to emphasize though that in the case of Detroit, the political parties had zero to do with it.  Instead, it was the party of corruption.  Major Democratic figure both in Michigan and the National level did publicly condemn and attempt to stop the crooks in office in Detroit.  There are voice mails left by the former mayor mocking those people for not being to stop him, as well as a dead stripper...  It was a part of corruption, not a case study of political affiliations.  There were major Republican players involved too, and billionaire like the gangster/businessman Matty Moroun.

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 07:48:08 AM »
Detroit puts me in mind of a post apocalytic city with the good guys overwhelmed by the forces of evil.  The next time Hollywood shoots (oops, I mean films :tongue:) a movie with that theme, they can rent the mean streets of Detroit for cheap and not have to do any modification of the set.  It's  :mental:the way decent people in that city are forced to exist, like some Third World hellhole.

Detroit has been a location scouts dream for some time.  Even back in the Robo Cop days, actual Detroit was used for industrial wasteland footage.  Recently Transformers used it to film urban wreckage from the bot battles.  While the remake of 'Red Dawn' used the cityto show a desolate urban war zone... and actually cleaned up the areas they filmed at for the movie.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 03:26:24 PM »
Detroit has been a location scouts dream for some time.  Even back in the Robo Cop days, actual Detroit was used for industrial wasteland footage.  Recently Transformers used it to film urban wreckage from the bot battles.  While the remake of 'Red Dawn' used the cityto show a desolate urban war zone... and actually cleaned up the areas they filmed at for the movie.
Good grief, I admit I'm a little surprised at that, but not as much as I should be. :p
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)