Author Topic: Teen Kills Self After Shooting Principal, Vice Principal at Omaha High School  (Read 3662 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
A 17-year-old gunman who opened fire inside an Omaha, Neb., high school on Wednesday fatally shot himself after leaving the school, police say.

Omaha police Chief Alex Hayes identified the shooter as Robert Butler Jr., the son of an Omaha police detective.

Millard South High School's principal, Curtis Case, and vice principal, Vicki Kasper, were wounded in the shooting, Hayes said. Kasper is in critical condition and Case is in stable condition at an area hospital, he said.

Fox News
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline cavegal

Interesting to see what this one was about.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
I'm glad he killed himself and no innocent students or faculty.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Reality vs DU

Wow, so close to home.

I was on my way back to work from lunch this afternoon when a cruiser came blazing by me doing at least 70 mph on a fairly busy street in a busy area, especially that time of day and I remember thinking wow, something very serious must be going on.

Went into a gas station quick, got back into the car and heard about this on local radio.

This school is maybe 5 minutes from where I work and I am in that area frequently.  Crazy shit. 

• Oh snap!
Post on his Facebook before the shooting:

"Everybody that used to know me I'm sry but Omaha changed me and (expletive) me up. and the school I attend is even worse ur gonna here about the evil (expletive) I did but that (expletive) school drove me to this. I wont u guys to remember me for who I was b4 this ik. I greatly affected the lives of the families ruined but I'm sorry. goodbye."

He planned on killing people today.

Selfish.  If you're unhappy, off yourself and don't drag innocent people into it.  I would love to see any comments left to this Facebook post by his friend's.

• Oh snap!
Just noticed this too....

RIP.  :(

An assistant Millard South High School principal who was shot in her office on Wednesday afternoon has died from her injuries.

Police officials announced Vicki Kaspar passed away. She would've turned 58 on Thursday

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Another school shooting. WTF???????????????????????
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Airwolf

I didn't know that the lady Vice Princible had died but its not uncommon since she was the one flown to the hospital . The news said tonight that this all started because the kid drove over the football field ths morning and was suspended from school, Also not mentioned here is the fact the kid was the son of an Omaha cop.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

• Oh snap!
I didn't know that the lady Vice Princible had died but its not uncommon since she was the one flown to the hospital . The news said tonight that this all started because the kid drove over the football field ths morning and was suspended from school, Also not mentioned here is the fact the kid was the son of an Omaha cop.

It was mentioned on Fox News during Shepard Smith. 

The only thing I didn't know was what set him off.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Wow, so close to home.

I was on my way back to work from lunch this afternoon when a cruiser came blazing by me doing at least 70 mph on a fairly busy street in a busy area, especially that time of day and I remember thinking wow, something very serious must be going on.

Went into a gas station quick, got back into the car and heard about this on local radio.

This school is maybe 5 minutes from where I work and I am in that area frequently.  Crazy shit. 

I used to live at 96th and Q back in another lifetime.

This is the 3nd place where I've lived that has had school shootings...NIU(went to college there), here where I live - we've had 2 school shootings, 1 HS and 1 elementary, and now Omaha. Not one of these places, would I have thought would have these problems. It's always happened somewhere else. Not any more. It can happen anywhere.  :(
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Reality vs DU

This is the 3nd place where I've lived that has had school shootings...NIU(went to college there), here where I live - we've had 2 school shootings, 1 HS and 1 elementary, and now Omaha. Not one of these places, would I have thought would have these problems. It's always happened somewhere else. Not any more. It can happen anywhere.  :(

Your were close to Johnny Goodman golf course then, did you have a house?  There are some apartments there that I caused some trouble at in my younger days.

It can always happen anywhere.  Bad things happen. These things no longer shock me, no matter how heinous they may be and they will continue to happen.  At any given time there are probably millions of people on the verge of "losing it".  Condolences to the family of the vice principal.   

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Your were close to Johnny Goodman golf course then, did you have a house?  There are some apartments there that I caused some trouble at in my younger days.

It can always happen anywhere.  Bad things happen. These things no longer shock me, no matter how heinous they may be and they will continue to happen.  At any given time there are probably millions of people on the verge of "losing it".  Condolences to the family of the vice principal.   

Lived on the golf course in the apartments. On both sides. Was living in a 3rd flr right at the side of course when the tornado of '75 hit. Tornado hit the complex on the other side, then the water hazard, popped up over my building and hit the one I had moved out of a couple months before and took off the roof, then the garages before going across the street and destroying that complex.  :( :o :(  Moved late that fall to the one on the other side -Thomasville? - until my roommate's lease finished then we moved to 73rd and Pacific behind the Ground Cow....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Varokhâr

• Tea Party hearty, dude!
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna
Damn. My prayers go out the Vicki Kasper's family, and the family of the little punk. That's awful, and I used to live where shootings (on the streets) were an almost-daily occurrence. 

Hate to seem like I'm politicizing it, but how long till the anti-gun lunatics swoop in and start screaming for more gun control?

Deist. Libertarian. Patriot.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
They're always screaming.  This will merely enlarge their vocabulary by a few nouns (names of the city, school, shooter, and victims).

Actually this is a moment for those of us on the Constitutional side of the issue to point out that existing gun laws did nothing but disarm the victims.  Susanna Gratia-Hupp of Texas, who was with her parents when they were killed in the Luby's event, took that argument to the Texas state house and got the much-closer-to-constitutional carry laws passed
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

• Oh snap!
If the Vice Principal would have been allowed to carry a gun on school property, she would still be alive today and that punk never would have made it out of her office.

Offline Airwolf

Just found out this morning that my older brothers wife and her sister were in the office getting the kids regestered for school after moving from California. The sister and my brothers wife had gotten seperated for a short time when the shooting started.. I guess we can say we were lucky in regards the kid didn't try and shoot everyone in the office or the school.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies

I read the incident with the football field happened over the Christmas vacation. I know there have been school shootings where an expelled student went nuts and killed people.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:30:53 PM by Ptarmigan »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies

That's messed up. I remember Omaha had a massacre at Von Maur store in Westroads Mall shooting on December 5, 2007, in which 8 people died. I wonder if Franksolich remembers it, since he is from Nebraska?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westroads_Mall_shooting

There were strings of mass murder in 2009.  
Nadal Hassan-Fort Hood
Jivery Wong-Binghampton
Michael McLendon-Geneva County, Alabama
Tim Kretschmer-Winnenden School Shooting
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:44:11 PM by Ptarmigan »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Just found out this morning that my older brothers wife and her sister were in the office getting the kids regestered for school after moving from California. The sister and my brothers wife had gotten seperated for a short time when the shooting started.. I guess we can say we were lucky in regards the kid didn't try and shoot everyone in the office or the school.

That's really messed up. At least they are okay.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline cavegal

Thank goodness all are safe! I also read this kid had a facebook page and was really unhappy he was transferred from a Lincoln school. I read that in the comment section from the article.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16