Author Topic: Ivory Coast president refuses phone call from Barack Obama  (Read 735 times)

Offline thundley4

Ivory Coast president refuses phone call from Barack Obama
« on: December 30, 2010, 03:21:54 PM »
The incumbent president of Ivory Coast is hardening his resistance to international pressure to stand down, even refusing to take a phone call from Barack Obama.

Laurent Gbagbo, who is widely viewed as having lost a recent election, is refusing to leave office despite attempts to persuade him from West African leaders and others in the broader international community.
Lanny J Davis, a lawyer who used to work for Bill Clinton, has resigned from his job advising Mr Gbagbo, claiming that the president had stopped taking his calls, and refused one from the US president.

Mr Davis said he had repeatedly tried to set up a phone conversation between Mr Gbagbo and Mr Obama which would have given the Ivorian "options for a peaceful resolution, that would avoid further bloodshed and be in the best interests of his country".
"Unfortunately, the decision was made in Abidjan not to allow President Obama's call to be put through to Mr Gbagbo, despite my repeated objections to that decision," he wrote in his resignation letter, which was seen by CNN.

Mr Davis said he would continue to push for a peaceful resolution in the former French colony "but for the reasons expressed above I will no longer be able to do so as a representative of your government".
   http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/cotedivoire/8232288/Ivory-Coast-president-refuses-phone-call-from-Barack-Obama.html

Obama wanted to ask for tips for ignoring the election and how to stay in office.

Offline cavegal

Re: Ivory Coast president refuses phone call from Barack Obama
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 03:52:59 PM »
 :lmao: Oh boy I bet zer0 was pissed?

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 05:11:29 PM »
Poor Lord 0.  :lmao:
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline 5412

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 05:22:37 PM »
:lmao: Oh boy I bet zer0 was pissed?

Hi,

This brings back scenes from the movie "the Right Stuff" when LBJ was in the Limo and John Glenn told his wife she did not have to see the president.  He threw a spaz in grand style.  Little did she know she had a speech impediment and was terrified.

Hope BO got snot on his shirt.....

regards,

Offline 5412

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 08:21:05 PM »
Hi,

This brings back scenes from the movie "the Right Stuff" when LBJ was in the Limo and John Glenn told his wife she did not have to see the president.  He threw a spaz in grand style.  Little did she know she had a speech impediment and was terrified.

Hope BO got snot on his shirt.....

regards,

Hi,

I screwed up and can't modify it.  I should have said little did HE know, not she.

regards,

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 08:33:37 PM »
Hi,

I screwed up and can't modify it.  I should have said little did HE know, not she.

regards,

I've seen the movie many times. I got the gist.  :-)

Lyndon Johnson: Gladiolas! Isn't there anybody who can deal with a housewife?
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 08:23:13 AM »
You admit to watching it more than once with that cast of liberal douchebags in it?

Oh, okay--you're right.  It was good.

But ya gotta love how some tinpot dictator won't even pick up with Barruh on the other end of the line.  I still keep hearing all those liberals telling us how much the world is gonna looooovvvvvveeeeee us when Barruh got elected.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline true_blood

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 02:08:40 PM »
HA HA! Obozo. :nelson: