Author Topic: Jindal hammers Obama over oil spill in new book  (Read 527 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Jindal hammers Obama over oil spill in new book
« on: November 12, 2010, 02:37:34 PM »
another title on my "must read" list.  a lot of what I have read about the book certainly sounds like our esteemed president.  it all rings true;  the man seems to think that giving a speech actually somehow makes something happen.

Obama gets hammered by GOP foe Jindal over BP oil spill

(Reuters) - Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal in a new book accuses the White House of caring more about President Barack Obama's image during the BP oil spill than fixing the problem itself.

The government led a "lackadaisical" response and the White House was guilty of "political posturing" over the spill, said Jindal, a conservative and the nation's first Indian-American governor. Jindal's name has come up as a possible candidate for the Republican party's presidential nomination in 2012.

The 256-page "Leadership and Crisis", which is part autobiography and part conservative manifesto, contains a long chapter on the spill with behind-the-scenes detail and singles out the federal government for criticism.

"The White House seemed to focus on the wrong things. I felt like we needed to be on a wartime footing against the oil, and the president was wondering, why is everybody criticizing me," Jindal said.

Millions of gallons of oil gushed into the Gulf of Mexico between April and July after a BP rig exploded and sank. The spill, which made headlines for months, damaged the environment and economy of coastal states including Louisiana.

More

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Jindal hammers Obama over oil spill in new book
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 02:41:48 PM »
another title on my "must read" list.  a lot of what I have read about the book certainly sounds like our esteemed president.  it all rings true;  the man seems to think that giving a speech actually somehow makes something happen.

No more book postings today, k?  I have to add this one to my list as well.  I like Jindal.  I hear from people that live in LA that he isn't what outsiders see, that he is a bit of a RINO.  I bet he has a good story though.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 02:46:40 PM »
No more book postings today, k?  I have to add this one to my list as well.  I like Jindal.  I hear from people that live in LA that he isn't what outsiders see, that he is a bit of a RINO.  I bet he has a good story though.

it was sort of a fluke.  but ok.   :-)

my folks are generally from that neck of the woods, and I can assure you that LA politics is screwed up on it's very best day.  anytime a major hurricane plows into a US city and leaves it cleaner than it was before, you have to suspect that things are a tad dysfunctional.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 02:48:47 PM »
it was sort of a fluke.  but ok.   :-)

my folks are generally from that neck of the woods, and I can assure you that LA politics is screwed up on it's very best day.  anytime a major hurricane plows into a US city and leaves it cleaner than it was before, you have to suspect that things are a tad dysfunctional.

Oh, I know all about that.  I hail from Gulfport myself.   :-)  Well, I did, BK.  :(
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent