Author Topic: First 2012 GOP Primary Debate - Spring 2011  (Read 1862 times)

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
First 2012 GOP Primary Debate - Spring 2011
« on: November 11, 2010, 02:22:58 PM »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/44996.html

Former first lady Nancy Reagan announced plans Thursday to invite the leading Republican contenders to the first debate of the presidential primary season, to be held at her late husband’s presidential library and co-hosted by POLITICO and NBC News.

The debate, sponsored by the Reagan Presidential Foundation, will be held at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum in Simi Valley, Calif., during the spring of 2011. NBC News will serve as the television partner for the debate while POLITICO is the online content partner.

Sigh.  First attempt by Obama lapdogs to make Republicans look like idiots.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: First 2012 GOP Primary Debate - Spring 2011
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 06:11:07 AM »
This shit is like advertising Christmas shopping sales in August.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 11:56:23 AM »
This shit is like advertising Christmas 2014 shopping sales in August 2010.

Fixed it for ya

I can say that anyone participating in this debate has too much time on their hands and I don't support em.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 10:50:13 PM »
I am curious as to Mrs. Reagan's participation in this "debate." I can certainly see and heartily approve of hosting a "roundtable"-like meeting, where republicans can discuss issues, especially with the Tea Party controlling the direction of the House debates 90 days into the congress. But a "presidential debate" is not worthy of consideration.

The ONLY thing this will do is to allow the Networks to do the damned if you do, damned if you don't analysis of the "debate," particularly with Sarah Palin's attendance/non-attendance of the event. To that end, I hope the people doing the event know what they are doing.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 08:14:01 AM »
Put it here since it really doesn't justify making its own thread:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/12/14/gop-race-for-2012-gets-late-start-date/
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford