Author Topic: Mystery Missile Launch off of California Coast  (Read 12004 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Mystery Missile Launch off of California Coast
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2010, 09:42:34 AM »
Uh....I hate to state the obvious, but the government has been in the business of lying to the people for as long as it's been around.   :whistling: 
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2010, 10:06:59 AM »
America West flight 808.

That is all

And EC--at sunset, what colors are most prevalent, particularly in regards to reflected ice (i.e., contrails?)
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline ToddWB

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2010, 10:16:13 AM »
From CBS:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/09/national/main7039021.shtml

So, if it were a "jet" couldn't they identify which one?   I'm starting to think it's a hoax by the local news station, because this is the only video available?  Not one cell phone camera capture out of millions who saw it too?
I am surprised at the quality of that photo, on a cell phone camera it would be almost impossible to make out...in fact the same could be said for most pocket cameras
At my desk, listening to talk radio

Offline thundley4

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2010, 10:18:52 AM »
Just a thought.  Suppose the military does know what this was but they can't say simply because it could put Obama in danger since he is out of the country?

Offline ToddWB

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2010, 10:19:21 AM »
Uh....I hate to state the obvious, but the government has been in the business of lying to the people for as long as it's been around.   :whistling: 
That's why we need less of it :cheersmate:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2010, 10:22:43 AM »
I found a reference to the current "Notice to Mariners" report, supposedly on Page 55 of same, that missile firings were to be undertaken in this area, within the time period specified.  I found the link by going to the Daily Update of urbansurvival.com.  It's right at the top today.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2010, 10:25:24 AM »
Here's an interesting blog...by an aeronautical engineer....

http://noconsensus.wordpress.com/2010/11/09/hide-the-incline/

....after a pretty convincing detailed explanation of still photos of the "launch", he concludes.....

Oh well, he just updated his blog with this

UPDATE: I’m totally wrong!

I understood some of the images as being after the event. Look though at the diffusion of the contrail in the shot below where the plane is still glowing at the top.The contrail behind had a long time to diffuse so this is not  a missile.

Offline ToddWB

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »
Just a thought.  Suppose the military does know what this was but they can't say simply because it could put Obama in danger since he is out of the country?
That's why I am just going to sit back and wait, see if this story disappears as fast as "the whole Polish Govt dieing in a plane crash story" did, conclude with the knowns....the Military and other Govt agents know what it is. If it is definitely not a jet contrail (what...taking off from 35 miles out in the ocean?), then it is a missle launch, it could have been an accident if it was a very complete missle launch drill, then you have to ask us or someone else. If it was an intentional launch , to what purposes by the US? Wouldn't a show of strike capability been better demonstrated elsewhere than 35 miles off the coast of Calif? Political theater of some kind? or Could it have been launched by someone else? The Chinese come to mind...they aren't particularly pleased with us right now....but several countries have the capablity to launch (really close to the US?)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2010, 10:46:12 AM »
Michio Kaku, a renowned physicist, was on Fox News this morning pretty much saying that this was an airplane. Sorry, I ain't buying it.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline thundley4

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2010, 11:25:06 AM »
Michio Kaku, a renowned physicist, was on Fox News this morning pretty much saying that this was an airplane. Sorry, I ain't buying it.

I normally like his appearances.  The media seems willing to buy this story contrary to what the video looks like.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2010, 11:41:30 AM »
A decent video of a Minuteman III ICBM launch from Vandenberg downrange to Kwajalein Atoll. Check out the contrail, make up your own mind.
I lived on Kwajalein island 1987-1992 and worked many of these missions along with several Peacekeeper (MX) ICBM missions.

Check out Kwajalein island, now named the Reagan Test Site - what a ride!

[youtube=425,350]ChhYOO1s-nY[/youtube]
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2010, 11:50:37 AM »
Well......the video clip that I saw on Fox News this morning appeared to definitely be a rocket/missile of some type.....climbing in a parabolic arc, and near the end of the shot, you could clearly see the light from the engine thrust plume.

The caveat that I'll throw in is that since the horizon was not in the shot, I have no idea of what the camera angle was, in reference to the horizon, or the path of the object.

The talking heads on Fox did a side-by-side comparison with aircraft contrails, and it simply doesn't compare......first, contrails are created by an aircraft (at level flight), that is high enough that its passage compresses the air to the point of saturation, where it immediately flash-freezes forming tiny ice crystals, which linger in its path until dissipated by the winds aloft.

The trail left by the object in question appeared (at least to me) like the billowing smoke generated by a combustion process, and since it further appeared that the altitude was initially low, and climbing.......therefore far below the atmospheric freezing level, the contrail theory doesn't seem to fit.

There simply isn't enough information to be certain, but if LAX didn't paint it on departure radar, and this is the only evidence, it would be a safe assumption that it was likely a small shoulder-fired missile, or an amateur built rocket.......however, I'd be at a loss to explain why a bunch of amateur hobbyists are launching 35 miles out to sea.

Putting my conspiracy theory hat on for a moment, I wonder what runway was in use at LAX during this time-frame, as someone might have tried to take a shot at either an arriving or departing flight.  However 35 miles out would have required a significantly sophisticated weapon, becausr airliners at that distance from the runway are generally at 15,000 feet or so on approach or departure.

doc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline seabelle

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2010, 12:16:14 PM »
America West flight 808.

That is all

And EC--at sunset, what colors are most prevalent, particularly in regards to reflected ice (i.e., contrails?)

Hmmmmm...

http://blog.bahneman.com/content/it-was-us-airways-flight-808

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2010, 02:23:58 PM »
Where is our President to comfort & console us during this strange and confusing occurance!!!!  :bawl:  :bawl:  :bawl: 

(DU mode)

:tongue:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2010, 03:10:25 PM »
Having seen the video and having lived here a stones throw away from the Space Center {they've launched sea based missles here too} for almost 30 years I'd have to say it's a missle. It's to big for a model rocket and moving way to fast to be a jet. If you look at the sun reflection in the smoke it all stays on the underside of the arc which means it's moving out to sea east to west. There would be 1, maybe 2 marked, literally night and day color changes if it was coming west to east.

What you're seeing is a solid propellant rocket motor IMHO close to but smaller in size than a Shuttle SRB. Also you wouldn't see the flashing at the end of the video if it was moving east because the flashing is from looking into the engine as it sputters out. It's to bad the video ends there because I'd like to see if there was another rocket kicking on in the next 10-20 seconds after the video ended.

Offline seabelle

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2010, 03:48:46 PM »
Link has video of a May 2009 rocket launch on the east coast (Wallops Island)....hmmmmmmm

http://www.jaredlog.com/?p=1060

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2010, 04:16:43 PM »
I still say it was George "Dr. Evil" Soros lauching his Laser Satellite from his underwater lair. He's planning on lasering FOXNews HQ and Glenn Beck for exposing him.

I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2010, 04:22:47 PM »
I still say it was George "Dr. Evil" Soros launching his Laser Satellite from his underwater lair. He's planning on lasering FOXNews HQ and Glenn Beck for exposing him.

And Beck is doing a dandy job in doing so......   :popcorn:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline true_blood

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2010, 06:37:28 PM »
And Beck is doing a dandy job in doing so......   :popcorn:
Yes, he is! I LOVE it too. Good for him. Americans needs to know :cheersmate: :cheersmate:.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2010, 07:48:04 PM »
America West flight 808.

That is all

The sky in Las Vegas is typically a blue/purple/pink at sunset.  Even then, the contrail is still a black/gray color off of our jets.

I've lived near airports my entire life and have NEVER seen anything like that.  It's not a plane.  Sorry.

And then the trails left high in the sky are always white.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 08:00:13 PM by Evil_Conservative »
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2010, 11:07:32 PM »
The sky in Las Vegas is typically a blue/purple/pink at sunset.  Even then, the contrail is still a black/gray color off of our jets.

I've lived near airports my entire life and have NEVER seen anything like that.  It's not a plane.  Sorry.

And then the trails left high in the sky are always white.

Not at sunset, and not at a low angle trajectory, especially with all the crap floating around the sky in LA.

Unless and until someone coughs up and admits it's a missile, I'll stick with the AW808.

If it ain't, screw it--sue me.  I've seen launches from Vandenberg from OC and this doesn't look like that.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2010, 11:45:34 PM »
Not at sunset, and not at a low angle trajectory, especially with all the crap floating around the sky in LA.

Unless and until someone coughs up and admits it's a missile, I'll stick with the AW808.

If it ain't, screw it--sue me.  I've seen launches from Vandenberg from OC and this doesn't look like that.

It's okay.  At this point, none of us know... and I don't think us regular citizen's will EVER know what that really was.  If it was a plane, why won't the Pentagon come out and say so?

I've just never seen that much exhaust/smoke coming from a regular jet.  If I saw that over the skies of Las Vegas, I'd be preparing for a plane crash.

Was AW808 landing in California or Arizona?  I only ask because it looked like the "missile/plane" was shooting upwards.  If it was a plane landing in LA, wouldn't it had to have been descending? 

This whole thing confuses me.  I'd really like to know, because if it WAS a missile, I do not feel safe or feel that our government is competent to protect us.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2010, 01:21:55 AM »
If it didn't paint a radar picture...is there any chance that we have applied stealth technology to our missiles?

And that the reason the DoD and Feds are being so tight lipped about it is because the KCBS helicopter crew that filmed it just got extremely lucky in capturing it on tape?

I imagine someone's explanaiton at the Pentagon starting out with the words "we had NO IDEA that helicopter would be there at that time..."
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2010, 01:24:29 AM »
http://sciencedude.ocregister.com/2010/11/09/west-coast-missile-launch-a-mystery/114640/

They never said there was "nothing there"...there was "nothing out of the ordinary".

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2010, 01:29:19 AM »
http://sciencedude.ocregister.com/2010/11/09/west-coast-missile-launch-a-mystery/114640/

They never said there was "nothing there"...there was "nothing out of the ordinary".

LOL!  yeah but how many times have we heard that before ya know?
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn