Author Topic: Supreme Court Justice Thomas' Wife Seeks Apology From His Accuser  (Read 971 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
here's a 20 year old can of worms.  anita hill achieved what limited fame that she has managed iin her miserable life by slandering clarence thomas;  expecting her to apologize is sort of . . . well . . . odd.

and from her response, anita is still the walking epitome of sweetness and light that we all saw those many moons ago. :whatever:

Justice's Wife Seeks Apology From His Accuser

Nearly 20 years after sexual harassment allegations almost derailed Clarence Thomas's Supreme Court nomination, the justice's wife telephoned Anita Hill, his principal accuser, to seek an apology.

"I did place a call to Ms. Hill at her office extending an olive branch to her after all these years, in hopes that we could ultimately get past what happened so long ago," Virginia Thomas said through a spokesman. Mrs. Thomas, a longtime conservative activist, has lately taken a more visible role by founding a tea-party group called Liberty Central.

Ms. Hill, now a professor at Brandeis University, said she didn't take Mrs. Thomas's Oct. 9 voicemail as conciliatory.

"I certainly thought the call was inappropriate," Ms. Hill said through a Brandeis spokesman. "I have no intention of apologizing because I testified truthfully about my experience and I stand by that testimony."

Ms. Hill said she initially assumed the call, which a Brandeis spokesman said came in at 7:30 a.m. on a Saturday, was a prank. She notified campus security, Brandeis spokesman Charles Radin said, which in a routine procedure alerted the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
"Good morning, Anita Hill, it's Ginni Thomas," the message went. "I just wanted to reach across the airwaves and the years and ask you to consider something. I would love you to consider an apology sometime and some full explanation of why you did what you did with my husband. So give it some thought and certainly pray about this and come to understand why you did what you did. Okay have a good day."

More

Offline Boudicca

Re: Supreme Court Justice Thomas' Wife Seeks Apology From His Accuser
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 11:37:59 PM »
While I fully sympathize with Mrs. Thomas' feelings, she must have known Anita Hill o' Beans wasn't gonna apologize. :fuelfire:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 12:25:26 PM »
While I fully sympathize with Mrs. Thomas' feelings, she must have known Anita Hill o' Beans wasn't gonna apologize. :fuelfire:

Yeah, it does lend the impression that there's a helluva lot of resentment and anger toward Hill which, as we all know, doesn't do anything but rip up Ginni's guts.

I wonder if Ginni had to take some Pepto-Bismol after making that call.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 12:34:47 PM »
IMHO, this was a silly move that will only dredge up Anita Hill's name and remind everyone of the unpleasant Senate hearings & associated accusations.  I guess I can understand a woman wanting to make peace, but Anita sure as hell will never retract the charges she made.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 12:39:15 PM »
IMHO, this was a silly move that will only dredge up Anita Hill's name and remind everyone of the unpleasant Senate hearings & associated accusations.  I guess I can understand a woman wanting to make peace, but Anita sure as hell will never retract the charges she made.
:yeahthat:

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 01:02:52 PM »
I dunno.  Think about if you were in their shoes.

Would it be just a "20 year old can of worms" if YOUR wife was the one demanding the apology from someone who used false allegations of sexual harassment against you to become a leftist media darling?
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 01:09:26 PM »

Would it be just a "20 year old can of worms" if YOUR wife was the one demanding the apology from someone who used false allegations of sexual harassment against you to become a leftist media darling?

Well, when's the last time you heard Anita Hill's name mentioned?  I don't think I've heard it in nearly 15 years, other than maybe whenever a new SCOTUS nominee comes up.

I'm not saying it is wrong to want an apology, but going public with it just opens that can of worms again.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 01:13:11 PM »
Well, when's the last time you heard Anita Hill's name mentioned?  I don't think I've heard it in nearly 15 years, other than maybe whenever a new SCOTUS nominee comes up.

I'm not saying it is wrong to want an apology, but going public with it just opens that can of worms again.

I tend to hear her name brought up like you said when there is a SCOTUS nomination...particularly when it's a Conservative doing the nominating.

The Femi-Nazis drag her out every so often as a "victim" of evil white Conservatives.

As far as making the apology public...*shrugs* for all we know she's tried for years to do it privately and this is the result of those efforts being rebuffed.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 01:15:57 PM »

hell, my wife would have hired someone to push her down an elevator shaft 20 years ago, so that question is sort of academic. :-)

the thomases clearly won that brawl in a KO;  her husband is a supreme court justice until he decides to retire or dies.  anita hill was a dreary inhabitant of the "where are they now?" file, forgotten and languishing in permanent oblivion until mrs. thomas made headlines by rekindling the whole thing.

in effect, mrs. thomas gave anita hill another 15 minutes of fame. 

I'm certainly not condemning her for leaving the voice mail;  I actually find her motivation a bit endearing.  I just don't think it was a particularly smart move.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 02:43:10 PM »
and not to beat a dead horse, but this just gives the MSM something else to talk about besides the economy, health care reform, & etc.  and they are seizing upon the opportunity BIG TIME to divert attention from the failures of their cherished BHO.

not something we really needed less than two weeks from the midterms.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 03:15:20 PM »
hell, my wife would have hired someone to push her down an elevator shaft 20 years ago, so that question is sort of academic. :-)

the thomases clearly won that brawl in a KO;  her husband is a supreme court justice until he decides to retire or dies.  anita hill was a dreary inhabitant of the "where are they now?" file, forgotten and languishing in permanent oblivion until mrs. thomas made headlines by rekindling the whole thing.

in effect, mrs. thomas gave anita hill another 15 minutes of fame. 

I'm certainly not condemning her for leaving the voice mail;  I actually find her motivation a bit endearing.  I just don't think it was a particularly smart move.

Granted, Anita Hill was a pretty, engaging, but otherwise lying black woman who had her 15 minutes of fame.

But being a professor at Brandeis University isn't necessarily being in the "forgotten and permanently languishing" file. Hell, just having tenure is huge. Just ask Ward Churchill, who was fired and no longer has his - the asshat.  :evillaugh:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 03:16:31 PM »
and not to beat a dead horse, but this just gives the MSM something else to talk about besides the economy, health care reform, & etc.  and they are seizing upon the opportunity BIG TIME to divert attention from the failures of their cherished BHO.

not something we really needed less than two weeks from the midterms.

Yeah, but even we need a break from beating the drum once in awhile.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 03:23:47 PM »
Granted, Anita Hill was a pretty, engaging, but otherwise lying black woman who had her 15 minutes of fame.

But being a professor at Brandeis University isn't necessarily being in the "forgotten and permanently languishing" file. Hell, just having tenure is huge. Just ask Ward Churchill, who was fired and no longer has his - the asshat.  :evillaugh:

tenure is a social promotion.  for minority females, it's automatic.  lesbian minority females are hired with tenure.  handicapped lesbian minority females are automatic candidates for president of the university.  :-)

ward churchill is actually an interesting example.  on one hand, the fact that he ever had tenure in the first place is proof that it just can't be that hard to acquire.  on the other hand, look how huge a fraud you have to be to lose it.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 03:25:51 PM »
Yeah, but even we need a break from beating the drum once in awhile.

perish the thought.  the second the midterms are over I am going to start revving up for 2012. :hyper:

:-)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 03:29:42 PM »
tenure is a social promotion.  for minority females, it's automatic.  lesbian minority females are hired with tenure.  handicapped lesbian minority females are automatic candidates for president of the university.  :-)

ward churchill is actually an interesting example.  on one hand, the fact that he ever had tenure in the first place is proof that it just can't be that hard to acquire.  on the other hand, look how huge a fraud you have to be to lose it.

Well, Ward got his 'cause he's an Injun. And he's provocative - or, should I say WAS provocative. Now he's just a skidmark on the Last U of Colorado Toilet on the Left.

Damn, if it's that easy for minority females to get tenure, I guess that explains why there just aren't that many tenure-track positions open for white guys who happen to have a license to carry concealed.......

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 04:55:22 PM »
Thank You, Mrs. Thomas
Posted by Dan Savage on Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 11:05 AM
There was a whole generation of young Americans out there who had never heard of Anita Hill and didn't know what a ****ing creep your husband is. Now they're finding out—thanks to you.

LINK

This is kind of what I was talking about.  The uber-libs hate Thomas regardless, but dredging up Anita's name isn't a good thing.  (I found that link at the DUmp, BTW, never heard of that particular goof-ball site, I swear)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 05:01:42 PM »
oy, vey.  it has become an opportunity to rewrite history.  when it happened, the vast majority of americans believed clarence thomas, and many wrote her off as a complete flake.  just judging by what I am reading at various MSM organs (and saw on PMSNBC and CNN), they are NOT faithfully relaying events as they transpired.  they are spinning this against thomas with ferocity.

anita hill will be interviewed on the more reliably hysterical cable news shows by friday, repeating (and enhancing) her original charges, and very likely inventing new ones.

this is an ant hill that was better off left undisturbed.