Author Topic: What are your Pet Peeves?  (Read 48359 times)

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
Re: What are your Pet Peeves?
« Reply #375 on: January 18, 2011, 11:16:39 AM »
And they're too damn lazy to clear off their headlights and taillights.  You don't know when they're braking!  Not good. 

Well at least they HAVE taillights; here in Houston I swear it must be the non working taillight capital of the world.

And idiots here who tow car with a rope; where are the friggin cops to stop them???

grrrrrrr
:censored:

Offline Karin

« Reply #376 on: January 18, 2011, 12:33:18 PM »
That commercial for some big energy company.  On the left screen is a guy labeled "Engineer."  On the right side is a lady labeled "Teacher."  She's demanding, petulant and whiney...."WHERE ARE THE RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES????  WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING????  WELL, WHERE ARE THEY????   WE NEED THEM NOWWWWWW!!!!!"

I just want to bitchslap her for being such a DUmmie.  Haven't seen the commercial in a few days, maybe they pulled it. 

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #377 on: January 18, 2011, 12:40:32 PM »
That commercial for some big energy company.  On the left screen is a guy labeled "Engineer."  On the right side is a lady labeled "Teacher."  She's demanding, petulant and whiney...."WHERE ARE THE RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES????  WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING????  WELL, WHERE ARE THEY????   WE NEED THEM NOWWWWWW!!!!!"

I just want to bitchslap her for being such a DUmmie.  Haven't seen the commercial in a few days, maybe they pulled it. 

Oh, I saw that and my teeth started grinding without any intervention by my cerebrum--it was all autonomic nervous system. I kept thinking--THERE'S NO REASON FOR THIS, NONE! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Offline Rainbow Rising

• This is how I felt then. It is how I feel today.
« Reply #378 on: January 21, 2011, 03:29:21 PM »
People who damage library books.  At least four times in the last year I've taken out a cookbook from my local library, only to find that someone tore out some pages.  One book's entire chicken recipe section was gone, just ripped out.  Photocopies aren't that expensive, you asshat!  Other people might like to read those books, too.   :argh:
"Civility" = Liberal code for "Shut up, conservatives!"

"Hate speech" = Liberal code for "Shut up, conservatives!"

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #379 on: January 21, 2011, 03:30:13 PM »
People who damage library books.  At least four times in the last year I've taken out a cookbook from my local library, only to find that someone tore out some pages.  One book's entire chicken recipe section was gone, just ripped out.  Photocopies aren't that expensive, you asshat!  Other people might like to read those books, too.   :argh:

I checked out one particular book that I was looking forward to, and the entire section I was interested in was torn out! :mad:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #380 on: January 31, 2011, 11:38:45 AM »
Getting into a great book, taking it with you on the train to work (if you commute that way--I drive a short distance to the subway station, park, then take the M train...ANYway), and then forgetting it at work! Especially over the weekend! Ohhhhh, I HATE that.

Offline debk

« Reply #381 on: January 31, 2011, 01:49:27 PM »
Getting into a great book, taking it with you on the train to work (if you commute that way--I drive a short distance to the subway station, park, then take the M train...ANYway), and then forgetting it at work! Especially over the weekend! Ohhhhh, I HATE that.

I leave them on airplanes.  :bawl:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #382 on: January 31, 2011, 01:50:58 PM »
Speaking of books. I hate it when publishers reissue older books with new covers and sometimes even a new name.

Offline debk

« Reply #383 on: January 31, 2011, 04:19:29 PM »
Speaking of books. I hate it when publishers reissue older books with new covers and sometimes even a new name.

First thing I do anymore when book shopping...check the copywrite date.

I got really tired of buying "repeats".... :argh:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #384 on: January 31, 2011, 04:54:15 PM »
I leave them on airplanes.  :bawl:

Oooooohhh....losing a book that way is a bit worse than a Peeve (what's above a Peeve?). But it's similar, especially if you're going somewhere you KNOW you're not going to be able to buy it and finish it. And if you were planning on having it for beach reading...

Offline debk

« Reply #385 on: January 31, 2011, 05:03:13 PM »
Oooooohhh....losing a book that way is a bit worse than a Peeve (what's above a Peeve?). But it's similar, especially if you're going somewhere you KNOW you're not going to be able to buy it and finish it. And if you were planning on having it for beach reading...

I have learned to only take current paperbacks that I can easily pick up at a grocery or Walgreen's. I take one with me, on the plane in my totebag, and pack the rest.

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #386 on: February 10, 2011, 11:45:14 AM »
Tip jars at any food place without table service, and then the concomitant dirty looks you get when you don't tip. Let me get this straight--you (the ones with the tip jars) think I'm going to tip you for just 3 minutes of work--ringing me up on the register and passing the order along to the kitchen? After which I pick up my bag of food and leave, and you do nothing more? Not happening.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #387 on: February 10, 2011, 12:01:33 PM »
This phrase:

"WHERE YOU AT?"

I mean, couldn't the speaker at least add an identifier at the end such as "Where you at, Bob?" for our listening pleasure?  Sheesh!!

:-)

Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #388 on: February 10, 2011, 12:09:42 PM »
Hearing someone chew their damn food!

Ugh!

Close your mouth when you chew, neanderthal!

Oh, and don't call me while you are eating.  Ever.

So damn disgusting...
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #389 on: February 10, 2011, 12:18:28 PM »
Oh, and don't call me while you are eating.  Ever.

So damn disgusting...

. . . or in the bathroom . . .

:puke:
Piney Power!!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #390 on: February 10, 2011, 12:22:36 PM »

Heh. You can often tell by the echo effect if that's the case...but when I hear flushing, it's all over.

....Or with the tv on in the background! RUDE! (And more than a little declasse.)

Offline dandi

« Reply #391 on: February 10, 2011, 01:16:01 PM »

Well, yeah, that.....

Offline dandi

« Reply #392 on: February 10, 2011, 01:56:29 PM »
Speaking of bathroom...

Walking into a bathroom that smells of fresh shit and cigarette smoke.

I'm sure there are plenty of us, 40 and older, that have experienced this while growing up....

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #393 on: February 10, 2011, 02:01:03 PM »
Speaking of bathroom...

I'm sure there are plenty of us, 40 and older, that have experienced this while growing up....

Geez.  That is a memory I didn't need to recall....
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #394 on: February 10, 2011, 02:21:34 PM »
Speaking of bathroom...

Bitch slap for bringing back unpleasant memories!!
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #395 on: February 10, 2011, 03:09:04 PM »
Speaking of bathroom...

Holy crap, wasp!!

Piney Power!!

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #396 on: February 10, 2011, 03:17:19 PM »
Holy crap, wasp!!

More like , "all that is un-holy".......  :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline dandi

« Reply #397 on: February 10, 2011, 03:30:09 PM »
Holy crap, wasp!!

You guys can all be as grossed out as you want, you know that of which I speak.

But, it is one of my pet peeves.

Offline Karin

« Reply #398 on: February 10, 2011, 03:30:28 PM »
How about guys at work who walk into the bathroom with a newspaper under their arm?  I once saw a guy accompany that with a cup of coffee.  

Offline dandi

« Reply #399 on: February 10, 2011, 03:31:13 PM »
How about guys at work who walk into the bathroom with a newspaper under their arm?  I once saw a guy accompany that with a cup of coffee.  

Ewwww.

Hope he wasn't smoking....