Author Topic: What are your Pet Peeves?  (Read 48493 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: What are your Pet Peeves?
« Reply #225 on: October 30, 2010, 10:27:50 AM »
Well......... I don't sit on a thread just waiting for someone to post to it.....  :tongue: :fuelfire: :hammer:

Whew! Thank God!  :lmao:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #226 on: October 30, 2010, 02:07:06 PM »
Once again, your Google-fu is weak:

Lame, whiney, pathetic, take it in the ass sissypunk looking for a pity party.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/products.php?term=Jack%20Wagon&defid=5097201

Outstanding. I've been looking fer that pic. Which brings us to another PP: When you know what you want. You can see it in your mind. But you can't find it.

Which brings me to another pet peeve
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #227 on: November 01, 2010, 07:07:23 PM »
I hate that Arby's doesn't serve Coke and I have to drink that Pepsi swill if I want something with my roast beast.

Their onion rings are tasty, though.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

« Reply #228 on: November 01, 2010, 07:09:17 PM »
I hate that Arby's doesn't serve Coke and I have to drink that Pepsi swill if I want something with my roast beast.

Their onion rings are tasty, though.

Have you tried their gyros and the peach or blackberry ice tea? :drool:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #229 on: November 01, 2010, 07:10:39 PM »
Have you tried their gyros and the peach or blackberry ice tea? :drool:
We either don't have them or i didn't look at the menu that closely.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

« Reply #230 on: November 01, 2010, 07:11:45 PM »
We either don't have them or i didn't look at the menu that closely.

We got them last spring and they were there all summer. If we have them, you should too.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #231 on: November 01, 2010, 09:06:19 PM »
Peeves don't make good pets.  They are indiscriminately bitey.  Anytime I think I've adopted a pet peeve, I imagine driving it out into the coutryside and abandoning it.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #232 on: November 01, 2010, 11:21:13 PM »
Peeves don't make good pets.  They are indiscriminately bitey.  Anytime I think I've adopted a pet peeve, I imagine driving it out into the coutryside and abandoning it.

+1

Just because I noticed you're a Back To The Future fan.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #233 on: November 05, 2010, 10:31:53 AM »
The "Cave" forgetting my birthday.

Bitchslaps for all!

:tongue:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #234 on: November 05, 2010, 10:36:08 AM »

Bitchslaps for all!

Sorry, the birthday reminders got shut off for Tuesday night.  We'll put them back up.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #235 on: November 05, 2010, 10:49:35 AM »

Bitchslaps for all!

But...but.....your team won the World Series!   :tongue:

Happy Birthday WS!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline soleil

« Reply #236 on: November 05, 2010, 06:14:55 PM »

Bitchslaps for all!

Happy late birthday.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #237 on: November 05, 2010, 08:10:56 PM »

Bitchslaps for all!:tongue:
In that case, Happy Belated Birthday! :cheersmate: :cheersmate:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #238 on: November 05, 2010, 08:48:02 PM »
Homie'd-out shitboxes and the assholes who drive them.

On my way home, I saw some shitbox Chevrolet Cavalier with about 40 pounds of body kit and stickers driving like an asshole, swerving in and out of traffic.  It had decals on it advertising some bullshit "recording company", 'Murda 'n Fyre'.  Whatever, you faggot. 

Just my luck, he was on the same route I was.  I wish I was indiscriminately rich so I could just smash into these ****sticks and wreck their faggy little cars.

Offline soleil

« Reply #239 on: November 05, 2010, 09:05:34 PM »

On my way home, I saw some shitbox Chevrolet Cavalier with about 40 pounds of body kit and stickers driving like an asshole, swerving in and out of traffic.  It had decals on it advertising some bullshit "recording company", 'Murda 'n Fyre'.  Whatever, you faggot. 

Just my luck, he was on the same route I was.  I wish I was indiscriminately rich so I could just smash into these ****sticks and wreck their faggy little cars.
There is a great one (awful) that I see around here a lot. It is a rag top, and the rag top is all this fake Louis Vuitton. It looks like the classic Louis Viutton purses, but it is the rag top. It is terrible. And the inside is covered in all brown fur (I pulled next to him at a stop light). Of course he proceeded to make the car go up and down  or whatever it is they do with their shocks to make their cars move all wrong. Ok, we know that Louis Vuitton doesn't sell rag tops, so that is FAKE and the rest was trying so hard I felt sorry for him...Almost.

The other was this electric glitter green FORD Taurus that had the emblems changed out to a Mercedes. Ok, you ain't fooling anybody. That is a Taurus.  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #240 on: November 05, 2010, 09:11:55 PM »
The other was this electric glitter green FORD Taurus that had the emblems changed out to a Mercedes. Ok, you ain't fooling anybody. That is a Taurus.  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
As long as they have self-service junkyards and you can pocket random badges off of high-end cars, this will not end. :-)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #241 on: November 06, 2010, 01:14:58 PM »

What does that say about you and your outdated Z cars ??   :o   :fuelfire:   :tongue:   :rotf: :rotf:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline ToddWB

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #242 on: November 08, 2010, 11:12:26 AM »

Rich!? You don't wanna be rich to do that!

I was as broke as I'd ever been and driving a huge gas sucking old 426 ci Thunderturd nose to nose traffic into OKC every day, stop and start BS all the way, once coming up to this huge CF of bridges and over passes and we have to jam on our brakes, that heavy ol' Bird took a little extra care in stopping and I scared the guy in front odf me in his new Honda Accord and he flips me off, so I run him off the road continously with my tank...I didn't care, and my tank was incredibly fast drove like a dream! ..anyway.. i figured I better move away from that kind of traffic ..so know I live n the middle of nowhere and eek out a livng in peace !
At my desk, listening to talk radio

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
« Reply #243 on: November 08, 2010, 08:45:06 PM »
I suppose my pet peeve is.....the demise of Western Electric.....

For the younger folks, Western Electric was, for nearly eighty years, the manufacturing division of AT&T.  In short, they built telephones.......billions of telephones over eight decades, and EVERY ONE OF THEM was designed and manufactured so that virtually every person could carry on a conversation over their product, reliably and understandably.

Yeah, they were ofttimes clunky, ugly,  and not exactly state-of-the-art, but they worked well every damn time that you used one, and it was not uncommon to find one still in use that was over half a century old.

Today's telephones are garbage! 

I really don't care who makes them, in at least 75% of the phone conversations that I encounter, the instrument on the other end either garbles, overmodulates, undermodulates, distorts, attenuates, or otherwise turns normal speech into something that is barely intelligible.  It doesn't matter whether the phone is a landline or cellular, whoever is making them has no concept of what a phone is supposed to accomplish.

And don't get me started on VOIP.....

(/rant)

doc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline new england yankee

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #244 on: November 08, 2010, 08:47:13 PM »
Folks who stand waiting for an elevator, right in front of the door.  And when the door opens, they rush in before allowing any of the people currently on the elevator, to get off!
:usflag:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #245 on: November 08, 2010, 08:50:23 PM »
Folks who stand waiting for an elevator, right in front of the door.  And when the door opens, they rush in before allowing any of the people currently on the elevator, to get off!
YEAH! :mad:

(thanks for reminding me, jerk.)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #246 on: November 08, 2010, 08:51:18 PM »
What does that say about you and your outdated Z cars ??   :o   :fuelfire:   :tongue:   :rotf: :rotf:
ahem.  did you ever get the brakes on your truck fixed?  

(Don't be talking smack about my cars.)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 08:53:23 PM by chris_ »

Offline Chris_

« Reply #247 on: November 08, 2010, 08:52:27 PM »
I always thought these were cool until I tried using one.  Those damn ergonomic computer keyboards where the keyboard is split in half and rotated 60°.  I have never made so many typos using a regular keyboard... these things suck.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #248 on: November 08, 2010, 08:58:25 PM »
I always thought these were cool until I tried using one.  Those damn ergonomic computer keyboards where the keyboard is split in half and rotated 60°.  I have never made so many typos using a regular keyboard... these things suck.

Yes they do.  And they are noisy. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #249 on: November 08, 2010, 09:36:37 PM »
ahem.  did you ever get the brakes on your truck fixed?  

(Don't be talking smack about my cars.)

Of COURSE I did......
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson