Author Topic: Yet another grocery store bouncy !!  (Read 1847 times)

Offline thundley4

Yet another grocery store bouncy !!
« on: October 04, 2010, 03:14:54 PM »
This DUmmie has learned from reading other bouncies that she shouldn't confront strangers, so she makes it a friends relative.

JitterbugPerfume   (1000+ posts)             Mon Oct-04-10 03:46 PM
Original message
what I heard in the grocery store (you wont believe THIS)

I was shopping with my friend, and her tea party niece. Actually we kind of got stuck with her.

There were some people in Meijers who appeared to be Mexican . They were not bothering any one or being disruptive , they were just talking to one another.

The tea party queen said "if they want to speak Spanish , they should go back to Spain!" After we got back to the car we tried to explain all that was wrong with her statement but she was oblivious.

That is the kind of ignorance we are up against.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9252941

DisgustipatedinCA   (1000+ posts)           Mon Oct-04-10 03:49 PM
Response to Original message
1. that's right!

We should speak the native language of the land. If we want to speak English here, we need to go back.........uh, wait, let me think about this awhile longer.

COLGATE4   (1000+ posts)         Mon Oct-04-10 03:55 PM
4. You should have told her that if they want to speak Latin they

should go back to Latin America. Really screw up her mind.

sarge43   (1000+ posts)           Mon Oct-04-10 04:03 PM
Response to Reply #4
8. or Latvia n/t

peacetalksforall (1000+ posts)             Mon Oct-04-10 04:03 PM
9. Probably never considered the sourceof HER language - you mean the 'England language'?

I seem to recall something about Dear Leader inventing a a language that didn't exist when talking about Belgium, I believe.   This most likely is a very lame attempt to show conservatives are as stooooopid as the DUmmies.  You would have to be stooooopid to believe this tale.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: Yet another grocery store bouncy !!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 03:19:11 PM »
JitterbugPerfume   (1000+ posts)             Mon Oct-04-10 03:46 PM
Original message

I was shopping with my friend, and her tea party niece. Actually we kind of got stuck with her.

There were some people in Meijers who appeared to be Mexican . They were not bothering any one or being disruptive , they were just talking to one another.

The tea party queen said "if they want to speak Spanish , they should go back to Spain!" After we got back to the car we tried to explain all that was wrong with her statement but she was oblivious.

Didn't your state check roll in on Friday?
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 03:21:23 PM »
It was Austria.  "How do you say that in Austrian?"  Ignorant dipshit.

What's everyone dressing up as for Halloween?  I'm going as a corpse-man.   

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 03:28:39 PM »

Ah, okay. I knew it was one of those furriner countries. :)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 03:45:40 PM »
Ah, okay. I knew it was one of those furriner countries. :)

you big ghey bastard.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 03:55:11 PM »
Damn, just damn! I suppose we should all speak Latin, since every modern language I know of is derived from it!

Before the Romans kicked everyone's ass, tribes spoke their own Gaelic, tongue tied, garbled, consonants. There weren't any vowels until Homer and his scribe started writin' the shit down!

Guess what asshats, how 'bout ya read a frikkin' dollar bill?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 04:46:02 PM »

Impossible.  They don't have one.   :-)

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 05:58:27 PM »
Impossible.  They don't have one.   :-)

I'll send them a picture of one..with my own special white healing light.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 06:03:53 PM »
I'll send them a picture of one..with my own special white healing light.

No good vibes?  Cheapskate.  :tongue:

Offline true_blood

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 07:20:50 PM »
JitterbugPerfume   (1000+ posts)             Mon Oct-04-10 03:46 PM
Original message

WOW!!! Realllyyyyy?!!? ::) You Dummies are so sympathetic. You should even allow terrorists to build more mosques here in the U.S., especially near the WTC. OH wait,.......you do already, you pieces of garbage! :bird: :censored:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 07:53:39 PM »
:bouncy: :bouncy:

I changed the channel to Fox News while I was having my transmission fluid changed today.  That'll show them.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 08:14:28 PM »

I'm gonna visit all 57 states before the election and tell them not to vote for libtards.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 09:06:21 PM »

I changed the channel to Fox News while I was having my transmission fluid changed today.  That'll show them.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

'Bout damn time!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh, BTW, DUmmies, guess which language is not based in Latin? OK, I give ya a hint, it starts with "I" and ends with "slam"!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 10:33:12 PM »

I'd send them a picture of one of my dollar bills BUTT my hands are covering up all the big words.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 11:13:36 PM »
Yeah....

When I'm in a store and you want to speak another language, that's fine.  As long as it's amongst yourselves.  Don't expect everyone who works and shops at the store to speak a foreign language.  I stopped shopping at a Target in Phoenix once because they put all of their signs in Spanish AND English.  It was the only Target I had ever seen that.  It's not because I'm a racist.  It's because I live in AMERICA and the language spoken here is ENGLISH.

If I ever go to another country, I will make damn sure I know how to speak most of the language.  I would never expect another country to pander to the English language.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 09:04:48 AM »
Yeah....

When I'm in a store and you want to speak another language, that's fine.  As long as it's amongst yourselves.  Don't expect everyone who works and shops at the store to speak a foreign language.  I stopped shopping at a Target in Phoenix once because they put all of their signs in Spanish AND English.  It was the only Target I had ever seen that.  It's not because I'm a racist.  It's because I live in AMERICA and the language spoken here is ENGLISH.

If I ever go to another country, I will make damn sure I know how to speak most of the language.  I would never expect another country to pander to the English language.

I sent you a high 5 for that post.

I spent some of my highschool years in a comunity that was trilingual.

English, French and Polish.

It did not take long to realise that the classmates that spoke from their family's more then one language were all straight A students.

My choice for learning another language in school was French as my Grandparents spoke what I thought was French.

Unfortunately they spoke French Canadian and not the Parisian French the teacher taught.

So years later I decided that learning Spanish would be a help with Latinos being admitted to a hospital or nursing home.

What a mess I was spending big bucks to learn Spanish as spoken in Madrid, not Cuba, Porto Rico, Chilie, Mexico.  Then to my surprise I realised that a big part of South America spoke Portuguese, not Spanish.

Now English is my family heritage, how I was raised, were I to travel outside my homeland I would do my best to learn to communicate with the Natives there, learn their language.     However one cannot help with family or others from my country, to feel a compulsion to communicate freely in their native language.

So how many people can speak 5-6 different languages freely and  when in the presence of people that also were raised speaking the same language do not do so.

I find nothing wrong with having signs in 52 different languages for our tourists, the people that are mid age and just come to America.

The children will learn English and as one Asian woman told me about another coworker, they pretend to not understand English but they do, we all can function here but at times they claim to not understand is used as a defence if they mess up.

This is after all America, the melting pot of the world.  English is our country's language, but expecting people that come here to speak, read and write as soon as the get off the boat puts people into the category of being as the Novel was tittled, "The Ugly American."

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 09:15:09 AM »
This is after all America, the melting pot of the world.  English is our country's language, but expecting people that come here to speak, read and write as soon as the get off the boat puts people into the category of being as the Novel was tittled, "The Ugly American."

Sorry, not even close.  SUCCESSFUL immigrants know they need to acclimate and learn the language of their new land.  Nobody here is expecting someone new to this country to speak the Queen's English from day one, but at least make an effort to TRY.

Ever wonder how much the state of CA alone spends for translators?  I'll give you a hint.  In LAUSD (Los Angeles Unified School District) the rules are that a translator MUST be provided if more than 5 students (LAUSD has over 750 THOUSAND students) speak a language other than English.

At last count, there are EIGHTY FIVE LANGUAGES spoken by the students in LAUSD.  So from the literally HUNDREDS, if not thousands, of translators for Spanish speaking students, we also have translators for Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Korean, Tagalog, and Aremenian, all the way down to Urdu, fer Chrissakes.

And let's not get into the courts.  I could tell ya horror stories.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 09:19:16 AM »
The tea party queen said "if they want to speak Spanish , they should go back to Spain!"

:bs:

There is not a big enough bullshit flag to post that would reflect how full of crap this DUmmy is.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 07:02:39 PM »
Sorry, not even close.  SUCCESSFUL immigrants know they need to acclimate and learn the language of their new land.  Nobody here is expecting someone new to this country to speak the Queen's English from day one, but at least make an effort to TRY.

Ever wonder how much the state of CA alone spends for translators?  I'll give you a hint.  In LAUSD (Los Angeles Unified School District) the rules are that a translator MUST be provided if more than 5 students (LAUSD has over 750 THOUSAND students) speak a language other than English.

At last count, there are EIGHTY FIVE LANGUAGES spoken by the students in LAUSD.  So from the literally HUNDREDS, if not thousands, of translators for Spanish speaking students, we also have translators for Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Korean, Tagalog, and Aremenian, all the way down to Urdu, fer Chrissakes.

And let's not get into the courts.  I could tell ya horror stories.

Sparky it is not easy for those that speak the same language.

How often in your life time have you spoken to someone and they misinterpret what you said.?   Twisted your words around or as they heard your words felt you were saying the opposite of of what you meant.

Now try to live within another culture and speak to them in their own language and not get a punch in the nose.

Communication among humans has more to it then just learning the language of a different culture.

Much depends on the listener to spoken words, In America we have accents that put the enfasses on the wrong salable.   

Then there is the old stand by " Gee, for a fat woman you don't sweat much"   Meant as a compliment in some areas but a put down in others.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 09:03:29 AM »

I still have my uniform with my corpse-man patches on it. Thanks for the idea. :lmao:
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Tnafbrat

• Mama D, Evil Queen and Resident Raghead
  • Don't make me get my flying monkeys
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 09:47:16 AM »

:cheerleader:  :hi5:  :cheerleader:
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Buy me stuff and I'll be nicer!

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 10:21:01 AM »
Then there is the old stand by " Gee, for a fat woman you don't sweat much"   Meant as a compliment in some areas but a put down in others.

Since ****ing WHEN?

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 10:26:56 AM »
Mexicans: Liberals are glad they can stop dashing the brains of native babiess against rocks long enough to come north to **** with conservatives.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."