Author Topic: Pakistani scientist convicted of shooting at US troops sentenced to 86 years in  (Read 959 times)

Offline cavegal

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/23/pakistani-scientist-convicted-shooting-troops-sentenced-nyc-faces-life-term/

In February, she was convicted of grabbing a rifle and trying to shoot U.S. authorities in Afghanistan while yelling, "Death to Americans!" The conviction touched off protests in Pakistan that resumed Thursday as hundreds chanted "Free Aafia!" at a rally in Karachi. Others demonstrated outside the Manhattan courthouse.

During a rambling statement to the court Thursday, Siddiqui carried only a message of peace.

"I do not want any bloodshed. I do not want any misunderstanding. I really want to make peace and end the wars," she said.

Siddiqui said she was particularly upset by overseas reports that she was being tortured in a U.S. prison. She said she was actually being treated well.

"I am not sad. I am not distressed. ... They are not torturing me," she said. "This is a myth and lie and it's being spread among the Muslims."

Prosecutors said Siddiqui is a cold-blooded radical who deserves life in prison.

In court papers, they cited threate

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline true_blood

You mean, she wanted to kill Americans?! I don't believe it. ::)
But, she wants peace and the war to end. :hammer: :loser: