Author Topic: Don't Ask Don't Tell Dream Act, Oy Vey Don't Ask The DU Reaction  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Don't Ask Don't Tell Dream Act, Oy Vey Don't Ask The DU Reaction
« on: September 21, 2010, 06:01:35 PM »
All they're talking about is DADT, they're not even talking about the Dream Act going down!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4548090

t0dd  (1000+ posts)  Journal
Tue Sep-21-10 03:06 PM
Original message
Senate Blocks DADT Repeal

<snipped>

joeybee12  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Tue Sep-21-10 03:07 PM
Response to Original message
1. Who were the phucking Dems? Besides the obvious Nelson...n/t

Tx4obama  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Tue Sep-21-10 03:49 PM
Response to Reply #15
29. Webb voted 'yes'. - Lincoln, Pryor, Reid voted no. Reid had to in order to bring it up again n/t

Jax  (1000+ posts)
Tue Sep-21-10 03:09 PM
Response to Reply #1
5. There is NOTHING ****ing Democratic

Edited on Tue Sep-21-10 03:10 PM by Jax
about any of them who voted to block this.

****ING NOTHING.

gateley  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)       
Tue Sep-21-10 03:08 PM
2. Rachel just said - essentially the Republicans (and Webb, Lincoln, Nelson) just

said, we will not fund the Pentagon because of DADT inclusion in this.

bullwinkle428  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Tue Sep-21-10 03:15 PM
Response to Reply #8
12. Nearly 80% of the public in favor of repealing DADT.

Huh?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
Re: Don't Ask Don't Tell Dream Act, Oy Vey Don't Ask The DU Reaction
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 06:08:04 PM »

bullwinkle428  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Tue Sep-21-10 03:15 PM
Response to Reply #8
12. Nearly 80% of the public in favor of repealing DADT.

"Hey, Rocky!  Watch me pull this figure out of my ass!"

"But that trick never works!"

"THIS TIME FOR SURE!"
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 06:09:03 PM »
While I do have some compassion for those who were brought here illegally by their parents while they were youngsters, I have more compassion for those teenagers who might miss out on the opportunity of a college education simply for the "crime" of having been born here legally.
WTF don't politicians and Democrats in general get about STAND IN LINE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.  OBEY THE RULES.  
WHY, oh why, is it the collective responsibility of American citzens to pay for the mistakes and crimes of these young illegals' parents?  Do the children of convicted American criminals get special consideration?
Place blame where it's due.  On the parents who knowingly broke the law.  If someone knows of anyone starving to death in Mexico and points further south, please enlighten me.  Because if we are going to admit "economic refugees" I submit there's half a world out there in much worse a plight than Latin Americans.

This DREAM act is a nightmare for those of us who try to abide by the laws of our nation in the face of the utter and seering contempt shown them by Lord Zer0 and his henchmen at "Justice".  Weep, Lady Justice, weep.  If ever a fouler administration existed... :censored:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 06:45:12 PM »
While I do have some compassion for those who were brought here illegally by their parents while they were youngsters, I have more compassion for those teenagers who might miss out on the opportunity of a college education simply for the "crime" of having been born here legally.
WTF don't politicians and Democrats in general get about STAND IN LINE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.  OBEY THE RULES.  
WHY, oh why, is it the collective responsibility of American citzens to pay for the mistakes and crimes of these young illegals' parents?  Do the children of convicted American criminals get special consideration?
Place blame where it's due.  On the parents who knowingly broke the law.  If someone knows of anyone starving to death in Mexico and points further south, please enlighten me.  Because if we are going to admit "economic refugees" I submit there's half a world out there in much worse a plight than Latin Americans.

This DREAM act is a nightmare for those of us who try to abide by the laws of our nation in the face of the utter and seering contempt shown them by Lord Zer0 and his henchmen at "Justice".  Weep, Lady Justice, weep.  If ever a fouler administration existed... :censored:
If Dinesh D'Souza was right, Obama has NO consideration for the normal American.  He believes in the "ugly American."  We're all too greedy, use too many natural resources, and are too rich.  Our nation (not his, it often seems) does not deserve to be a super power, we've made all our money on the labor and starvation of the poor worldwide, and it is O's intent to bring us down the level of our Southern neighbor.  To that end, he has reduced our military capability, and is working to reduce it more.  He has reduced our nuclear capabililty, he has bowed and kowtowed to eveyry foreign leader.  He has stood with the Mexican president to castiagate an American state and governor.  He has damaged our ability to drill for our oil while assisting other countries .  He has instigated policies that reduce job numbers, damage our economy, and punish those that work hardest in order to reward those that work the least.

Not only do I believe he is not a Christain, I believe he is not an American.  Regardless of the place of his birth, he's never been an American at heart.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 06:50:56 PM »
Totally agree with you, MrsSmith.  I really wouldn't care if the American people ended up with a Muslim, Jewish, Atheist, whatever President, as long as he/she was HONEST and loved America and put her interests first.
This guy is nothing but a closet Muslim and we're all the poorer economically and security-wise for it.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 07:01:49 PM »
Totally agree with you, MrsSmith.  I really wouldn't care if the American people ended up with a Muslim, Jewish, Atheist, whatever President, as long as he/she was HONEST and loved America and put her interests first.
This guy is nothing but a closet Muslim and we're all the poorer economically and security-wise for it.
I don't think he's a Muslim.

I think he's too self-absorbed to allow anything as trivial as deity hold itself over him.

Wright's church was never an expression of his sense of moral belonging, it was where he started and tended his inner-city political career. Obama is a race/class/religion huckster convinced of his own place in history first and foremost.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline cavegal

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 07:12:57 PM »

I think he's too self-absorbed to allow anything as trivial as deity hold itself over him.

Wright's church was never an expression of his sense of moral belonging, it was where he started and tended his inner-city political career. Obama is a race/class/religion huckster convinced of his own place in history first and foremost.
I totally agree with you Mr Snuggle Bunny! I think he is to vain to believe in anything but himself. Wrights church was a political career choice.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 01:05:18 AM »

Much along the lines of Jessie Jackasson and Al (not so) Sharpton.  I've heard them referred to as "Poverty Pimps". 

If the "strife" between blacks and whites in this country were to disappear tomorrow, all of them would be out of a job.

If these "Poverty Pimps" didn't exist in the first place, neither would strife between blacks and whites.   :hammer:

Just like the rest of the US Government policy:  If It Ain't Broke, Fix It 'til It Is!"
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Karin

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 07:39:05 AM »
You know what infuriates me, is when bills are tacked onto other bills, often unrelated.  Why not debate and vote on them separately?  A piece of legislation ought to be able to stand on its own merits.  I know I'm being a sparkly-eyed idealist. 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 09:08:28 AM »
Yeah, Muslim, fat chance.  The only thing he prays to five times a day is a mirror.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 09:21:36 AM »
Yeah, Muslim, fat chance.  The only thing he prays to five times a day is a mirror.

:ohsnap:  And a HI-5

Offline Flame

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 09:39:54 AM »
You know what infuriates me, is when bills are tacked onto other bills, often unrelated.  Why not debate and vote on them separately?  A piece of legislation ought to be able to stand on its own merits.  I know I'm being a sparkly-eyed idealist. 

I vent to my husband about this on a regular basis.  Have separate votes for individual issues.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 10:12:18 AM »
Not only do I believe he is not a Christain, I believe he is not an American.  Regardless of the place of his birth, he's never been an American at heart.

American or not, he's making it apparently clear that he's not on the side of the American people with his policies and priorities. Seems like more and more the American dream is fading away as well as our freedoms because of this dumbo occupying the White House. :bird: :censored:

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 11:02:40 AM »

Transparency nothing but transparency from the corrupt democrat party machine in WDC and everywhere else.

A one item only in legislation should be in the Republican new contract.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 11:23:39 AM »

O'Bumbler is a deity in his mind!!!!!!!! He's the savior of the world!!!!

Just ask him!

Next he'll want us to call him "O'Bwana"!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 11:32:47 AM »
karynnj  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Sep-21-10 04:43 PM
37. Rephrase: The Republicans in the Senate blocked the defense appropriations bill

The fact is, McConnell would have allowed the Senate to take action on the bill if Reid agreed to his conditions - one condition was that no immigration related amendment be considered in the first 20 amendments. Reid wants the Dream Act included. This was not primarilly about DADT.

Here is McConnell:
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/videoLibrary/clip.php?appid=...
Note he says nothing related to immigration should be in the first 20 amendments.

Here is Reid rejecting it:
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/videoLibrary/clip.php?appid=...

What seems key is that McConnell does not want a vote on the Dream Act before the election. Reid wants it. What is clear is that a vote against the Dream Act would hurt many Republicans.

:mental: :mental:

What...the...F---k!?

Does this DUmor really believe this? It's precisely the opposite! NOT opposing the DREAM Act would have hurt Republicans among the voters they need to give a damn about, and badly. Does it hurt Republicans among Dems and other assorted moonbats? Well, yeah. So?

This poison pill (the DREAM Act) was attached for no other reason than to score political points by making it appear as if Republicans don't want pay raises (and other funding) for the military, which is transparent nonsense and will be seen as transparent nonsense, as long as Republicans get their message out in ads. Had it NOT been attached and voted on separately, it would have had full Republican opposition.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 12:48:06 PM »

:mental: :mental:

What...the...F---k!?

Does this DUmor really believe this? It's precisely the opposite! NOT opposing the DREAM Act would have hurt Republicans among the voters they need to give a damn about, and badly. Does it hurt Republicans among Dems and other assorted moonbats? Well, yeah. So?

This poison pill (the DREAM Act) was attached for no other reason than to score political points by making it appear as if Republicans don't want pay raises (and other funding) for the military, which is transparent nonsense and will be seen as transparent nonsense, as long as Republicans get their message out in ads. Had it NOT been attached and voted on separately, it would have had full Republican opposition.

If that was their intent, they screwed up and overreached pretty badly when they threw DADT repeal on the pile too; repeal is NOT widely supported in the military, to say the least.  For that matter, a lot of the military still hasn't accepted DADT and would prefer the older, simpler rules on homosexuality and every other stupid social engineering issue that keeps tangling their feet and getting in the way of just accomplshing anything in a straightforward way.

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 12:52:35 PM »
If that was their intent, they screwed up and overreached pretty badly when they threw DADT repeal on the pile too; repeal is NOT widely supported in the military, to say the least.  For that matter, a lot of the military still hasn't accepted DADT and would prefer the older, simpler rules on homosexuality and every other stupid social engineering issue that keeps tangling their feet and getting in the way of just accomplshing anything in a straightforward way.

You know, I never thought of that--Reid added the antidote to the original poison pill (the DREAM Act), at least as far as the armed services are concerned. Tank, my guess is they really live in such a bubble that they believe repealing DADT is popular among Americans (or, for that matter, even on their radar screens in the midst of this economy). Didn't one of the DUmmies above pull out some cuckoo "poll" about 80% of Americans favoring ending DADT? It might very well be that Reid believes this, somehow.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 01:00:52 PM »
If that was their intent, they screwed up and overreached pretty badly when they threw DADT repeal on the pile too; repeal is NOT widely supported in the military, to say the least.  For that matter, a lot of the military still hasn't accepted DADT and would prefer the older, simpler rules on homosexuality and every other stupid social engineering issue that keeps tangling their feet and getting in the way of just accomplshing anything in a straightforward way.

I just read somewhere today that this ploy may backfire on Reid. It will serve to motivate the opposition, and it might piss off the left because of taking a half-assed approach to getting DREAM passed and DADT repealed.

Offline jukin

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 01:34:49 PM »
IMHO, if Reid had just put the illegal amnesty bill or the fudgepacker bill in the defense appropriation legislation, it would have passed.

Juan McCain would have voted with just illegal amnesty.  It was repealing DADT that got his no vote. Same with the other typical RINOS.

We really should be glad that corrupt socialist democrats politicians are so inept.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 01:42:48 PM »
IMHO, if Reid had just put the illegal amnesty bill or the fudgepacker bill in the defense appropriation legislation, it would have passed.

Juan McCain would have voted with just illegal amnesty.  It was repealing DADT that got his no vote. Same with the other typical RINOS.

We really should be glad that corrupt socialist democrats politicians are so inept.

But, but, but.........McLame is a Conservative now!!!!!

At least that's what he says now! He's backin' the Gov on illegals, he sure as hell wasn't during the Bush admin!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 01:56:22 PM »

Hear, hear!

:cheersmate:

Offline true_blood

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 02:01:42 PM »

:hi5: :cheersmate: :hi5: