Author Topic: Still beatable  (Read 1537 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Still beatable
« on: September 18, 2010, 07:30:55 AM »
That's the title of a piece in the New York Post yesterday, by Dick Morris & Eileen McGann.

Still beatable
DioGuardi can best Gillibrand

By DICK MORRIS & EILEEN MCGANN

Last Updated: 4:16 AM, September 16, 2010

Posted: 12:53 AM, September 16, 2010

Had Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand used her incumbency to good advantage, her victory this fall in the heavily Democratic state of New York would be a foregone conclusion. Instead, she squandered her opportunity -- remaining passive and on the sidelines while the Republicans fought for the right to oppose her.

The rules are different for appointed senators, like Gillibrand, than for incumbents who've won election to the job: They have yet to make that crucial first sale with the voters.

Indeed, they have yet to do most of the groundwork that leads to that sale -- like having voters know who you are.

Gillibrand remains largely unknown to her constituents. She should have used this spring and summer to tell New Yorkers who she is and what are her plans in the Senate. Instead, she hoarded her funds and chose to say and do nothing.

So there is no true incumbent, just Gillibrand and GOP nominee Joseph DioGuardi competing for a vacancy.

A friend of mine, who got out of NY GOP politics not too long ago, has told me that he really likes DioGuardi.  Even though I didn't vote for him in the primary, I'll do so in the general, because Gillibrand is (Rhymes with Chuck) Schumer's sock puppet.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/still_beatable_86pCNe3yntt3SUUGNTYOBK#ixzz0zsqeCSzq
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline catsmtrods

Re: Still beatable
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 03:05:28 PM »
She was a bit more conservative as congresswomen. When she got to Wash. she became a puppet. Bought and paid for ass kisser!!
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 01:51:18 PM »
New York State: Cuomo Atop Paladino for Govenor; Gillibrand and DioGuardi Even for US Senate; Schumer Re-Elected: In an election for New York Governor today, 09/22/10, 1 week after the Primary and 6 weeks until the General Election, Democrat Andrew Cuomo defeats Republican Carl Paladino 49% to 40%, according to a SurveyUSA poll conducted exclusively for Gannett, including WGRZ-TV in Buffalo, The Rochester Democrat & Chronicle, and the Journal News in White Plains.

New York voters will, unusually, elect 2 United States Senators in 2010. In the Special Election to fill the final 2 years of Hillary Rodham Clinton's term, incumbent Democrat Kirsten Gillibrand and former Congressman Republican Joe DioGuardi today finish effectively even, Gillibrand's nominal 1-point lead being within the survey's theoretical margin of sampling error. Gillibrand leads in the 5 boroughs of NYC, trails elsewhere. Men vote Republican, women vote Democrat and, in this contest, cancel each other out. Lower-income voters break significantly Democrat. Middle-income and upper-income voters break slightly Republican. ...
http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=ddf78dd6-bef1-44e3-af71-225f2d2da637

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 02:40:59 PM »
I don't know much about this Gillibrand person except that she squeezed Caroline Kennedy out of her entitlement, and that ditz Harry Reid thinks she's hot, but Morris did see this surge coming a mile away. NY state could elect this DioGuardi, a point behind an incumbent in a poll this late is a positive indicator for him.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 02:43:37 PM »
New York really needs to get rid of Shumer, but probably won't.

It was disgusting, him beating the statesman Alphonse d'Amato in 1998; for me, that was a really really really big disappointment.
apres moi, le deluge