Author Topic: Inside the "Tea Party Movement"  (Read 1793 times)

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
Inside the "Tea Party Movement"
« on: September 17, 2010, 02:49:56 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews_excl/ynews_excl_pl3653

Best quote..........

From Washington's who's-in-charge-here perspective, the tea party model seems downright bizarre. Perplexed journalists keep looking for the movement's leaders, which is like asking to meet the boss of the Internet. Baffled politicians and lobbyists can't find anyone to negotiate with.

n American politics, radical decentralization has never been tried on so large a scale. Tea party activists believe that their hivelike structure is their signal innovation and secret weapon, the key to outlasting and outmaneuvering traditional political organizations and interest groups. They intend to rewrite the rule book for political organizing, turning decades of established practice upside down. If they succeed, or even half succeed, the tea party's most important legacy may be organizational, not political.

<exerpted>

Balance at link.......

doc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Inside the "Tea Party Movement"
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 04:34:20 PM »
Baffled politicians and lobbyists can't find anyone to negotiate with.

That's because when you get right down to it, you don't negotiate with, "We the People."  You do as they say.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline true_blood

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 07:30:39 PM »
That's because when you get right down to it, you don't negotiate with, "We the People."  You do as they say.
BINGO brother. :hi5: :cheersmate:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 08:30:22 PM »
Okay, I'm stealing your quote and sharing it. High Five!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 07:26:01 AM »

H5 given, Sparky.  Great line.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 07:40:58 AM »

The left tries to spin it but the Tea Party is "We the People".
The Tea Party has them running scared.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 11:14:19 AM »
An interesting parallel to the concept of 'Leaderless resistance' in guerrilla warfare theoretical writing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaderless_resistance
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 06:57:05 PM »
The left tries to spin it but the Tea Party is "We the People".
The Tea Party has them running scared.

I'm having a FB "discussion" with a few libtards about how "racist" the TP is.  I'm not a member, but I know the frustration a lot of the TP members have.  But then again, what do facts mean to a libtard?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford