Author Topic: Hello from NJ  (Read 1921 times)

Offline iaxelr8

• Probationary (Probie)
Hello from NJ
« on: August 24, 2010, 08:31:16 AM »
Hey folks...New member here from NJ. Look forward to discussion topics with like minded people. Hope this place is for real, what's with all the members shown in the member page with the 'Geico caveman as the avatar.
Must have Conservative T-Shirts www.ohsotruetshirts.com

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
Re: Hello from NJ
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 08:35:48 AM »
Hey folks...New member here from NJ. Look forward to discussion topics with like minded people. Hope this place is for real, what's with all the members shown in the member page with the 'Geico caveman as the avatar.

Welcome!!! As for the avatars, maybe some people haven't figured out how to change theirs yet.  :lmao:

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 08:41:06 AM »
Welcome, good to see you have found an avatar!   :-) :cheersmate:

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 08:41:45 AM »
Welcome indeed!   :cheersmate:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 08:55:58 AM »

What exit?  :-)

Just kidding. Hi from suburban Philly, a stone's throw from the Commodore Barry Bridge.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline iaxelr8

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 10:19:05 AM »
Thanks for the welcomes folks. As for the exit :rotf:...157 or 163 depending where I get off the Parkway.

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 12:34:43 PM »
Hi iaxelR8!  I  :heart:  your Governor. 

I think the rule used to be that you had to have a certain post count before you could change the Geico caveman stupid looking avatar.  I think they changed the rule because they didn't like how it made the chicks look.  (I could be wrong).  They also used to have a high five/bitch slap system which measured your Karma.  I didn't like that much, because you could anonymously bitch slap somebody without defending your stance.  A cowardly ploy, which has been scrapped. 

We're the real deal here; we have very few trolls (we call them chewtoys).  They don't infest the place, they leave pretty quickly. 

Welcome! 

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 12:58:18 PM »
Welcome!

I agree with Karin.....you have a great Governor! :hi5:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 01:07:37 PM »
Hello back to ya from South Jersey -- I guess my closest exit number would be 31 from the AC Expressway!  You're from North Jersey, I imagine?  Oh, by the way, I  :heart: your gov too!!  :-)
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline true_blood

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 01:49:37 PM »
Welcome. You will love it here.  :cheersmate:

Offline iaxelr8

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 11:48:24 PM »
Thanks for the continuing welcomes. I love the Governor as well...making the tough choices and not taking any sh*t. Not so large scale, Sheriff in my county stepped down which is more good news as he was a very strong Democrat. I certainly don't expect a change to red, but at least we're moving in the right direction.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 01:55:27 AM »
Welcome nice to see more Yankee's join us :-)
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.