Author Topic: Rossi to face Murray in November  (Read 1998 times)

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
Rossi to face Murray in November
« on: August 18, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »

Twice-defeated Republican gubernatorial candidate Dino Rossi will face Democratic Sen. Patty Murray in a November contest that could prove critical to GOP chances of winning a Senate majority.

Murray finished first in Washington state’s unique top-two primary, capturing 46 percent of the vote with 60 percent of precincts reporting. Rossi came in second with 34 percent, enough to advance to the general election as the GOP nominee.

Republicans sought to frame the results as a sign of Murray’s weakness in November, when the GOP will need to pick off several Democratic incumbents from blue states like Washington if the party expects to win control of the Senate.

“As the final results are tallied, the fact that an 18-year incumbent from a blue state who serves as a member of Senate leadership is struggling to get above 50 percent in an open primary speaks volumes about the current political environment in Washington State, and it speaks volumes about the opportunity that Republicans have this November with Dino Rossi as our party’s nominee for the U.S. Senate,” said National Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman John Cornyn (R-Texas) in a statement Tuesday evening.

This is yet another victory for conservatives and yet another example of Americans ignoring Washington elites and fighting to take their country back

Politico

This is terrific news, and puts conservatives a step closer to ripping the Senate right from the hands of the primitives. As Senator Jim DeMint stated in an afternoon email:

Chickens coming home to roost, indeed...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 02:02:13 PM by Chris »

Offline Tess Anderson

Re: Rossi to face Murray in November
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 02:02:13 PM »
Not a big Rossi fan here (gave up on the recount too soon IMO), but as a resident of WA state, I sure hope he's able to beat Patty, the bitch in tennis shoes. Her and Boxer both have to go, they're two of the stupidest people in the Senate, and THAT'S saying something.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 11:16:14 AM »
The local's think she will win.  :banghead:

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 03:25:28 PM »
Not a big Rossi fan here (gave up on the recount too soon IMO), but as a resident of WA state, I sure hope he's able to beat Patty, the bitch in tennis shoes. Her and Boxer both have to go, they're two of the stupidest people in the Senate, and THAT'S saying something.

Ditto!
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 03:27:26 PM »
The local's think she will win.  :banghead:

I would not be surprised if she does. This state (or at least the west side of the Cascades) leans famously to the left. Here is to hoping that Rossi wins!
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 11:34:46 PM »
I was up on the olympic peninsula.   I didn't see a single Murray sign from Olympia to Sequim.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 06:21:36 PM »
Around Pullyaup here, same story - Patty had better get busy "finding" those extra votes up in King County, she's going to need them.

Still early for polls, but this one has Rossi beating the daylights out of here in the general:

http://www.king5.com/news/politiking/First-general-election-poll-puts-Rossi-ahead-confirms-competitive-race-101199184.html

by seven points. I hope eastern WA doesn't let me down - TURNOUT in droves!

Offline ConservativeJoeG

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 10:10:54 AM »
Rossi has a bit of an uphill battle here.  Best of luck.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 12:39:20 PM »
The latest polls have Rossi up anywhere from 7 to 10 points, I see.  'Course, the only poll that matters will be taken on November 2nd.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.