Author Topic: bitter old Vermontese cali primitive playing a card  (Read 316 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
bitter old Vermontese cali primitive playing a card
« on: July 15, 2010, 07:37:12 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8751963

Oh my.

cali  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jul-15-10 07:52 AM
THE BITTER OLD VERMONTESE CALI PRIMITIVE, #13 TOP PRIMITIVE OF 2009
Original message

It's been said before, let me say it again: **** Politico: On being labeled as 'racist'

POLITICO 44

A clear pattern of behavior has emerged over the last 16 months. According to liberals, if you disagree with their thinking, and if you disagree with the Obama administration, you are not only wrong, you are a “racist.”

The latest strike by the left comes from the NAACP, which has resolved that the tea party movement is inherently “racist.” At its most simple, this is a direct attack on the First Amendment rights of millions of Americans.

The NAACP has long history of liberalism and racism.

If you are a conservative — including a conservative African-American — there is no room for you at the NAACP. If you have opinions that differ from the NAACP and the liberal establishment, and if you are African-American, you are an “Uncle Tom,” a “negro,” “not black enough” and “against our people.”

In other words, the NAACP fancies itself the thought police for millions of black Americans. Disagree with them and you will be ostracized and attacked. You will be subjected to public humiliation and racist commentary from NAACP leadership. The message is clear: Tow the line or pay the price.

But the NAACP does not stand alone in this regard. The left has a long history of using the race card. It has been pulled on people across the political spectrum.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0710/39745.html#ix...

miscsoc  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jul-15-10 08:01 AM
Response to Original message

1. What a fresh and insightful new set of talking points!

I don't know why the wingnuts waste money on all those think tanks instead of just typing up summaries of rush limbaugh diatribes from 1993 and slapping a Heritage Foundation logo on the front.

pinboy3niner  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jul-15-10 08:02 AM

2. When did the NAACP say the TP movement is inherently racist?

I don't believe that's what was in the resolution, and it looks like Politico's claim is a serious distortion.

DefenseLawyer  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jul-15-10 08:06 AM

4. It's an OP/ED written by the Tea Party

Politico is a joke, their writers are lazy hacks. But this is clearly marked as an opinion piece and the authors are identified at Tea Partiers. I don't read Politico regularly, but assuming they routinely publish opinion pieces I can't really fault them for giving these loons a forum to make fools of themselves.

NNN0LHI  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jul-15-10 08:08 AM
THE GROUCHY OLD PRIMITIVE

5. I have been telling you guys Politico was the replacement for Talon news

I wasn't joking.

boobooday  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jul-15-10 08:31 AM

7. OMG the poor white people

Everyone is SOOOO racist against them.

I'm sick of the right-wing victim mode.

Oh dear.
apres moi, le deluge