Author Topic: Obama: Israelis suspicious of me because my middle name is Hussein  (Read 634 times)

Offline thundley4

U.S. president tells Channel 2 Israel is unlikely to attack Iran without coordinating with the U.S.

U.S. President Barack Obama told Channel 2 News on Wednesday that he believed Israel would not try to surprise the U.S. with a unilateral attack on Iran.

In an interview aired Thursday evening, Obama was asked whether he was concerned Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu would try to attack Iran without clearing the move with the U.S., to which the president replied "I think the relationship between Israel and the U.S. is sufficiently strong that neither of us try to surprise each other, but we try to coordinate on issues of mutual concern."

*snip*

During the interview Wednesday, when confronted with the anxiety that some Israelis feel toward him, Obama said that "some of it may just be the fact that my middle name is Hussein, and that creates suspicion."

"Ironically, I've got a Chief of Staff named Rahm Israel Emmanuel. My top political advisor is somebody who is a descendent of Holocaust survivors. My closeness to the Jewish American community was probably what propelled me to the U.S. Senate," Obama said.

"I think that sometimes, particularly in the Middle East, there's the feeling of the friend of my enemy must be my enemy, and the truth of the matter is that my outreach to the Muslim community is designed precisely to reduce the antagonism and the dangers posed by a hostile Muslim world to Israel and to the West," Obama went on to say.
Link

Hey Hussein, actions speak louder than words, and your name is just a word. It's your actions of overtly snubbing Israel, and constantly reaching out to their enemies that make them suspicious.

As for your outreach to the Muslim community, you keep extending a hand, and they keep slapping you in the face.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Obama: Israelis suspicious of me because my middle name is Hussein
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 10:00:18 AM »
TRANSLATION: The joooooos are racist!!!1!11!!
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 11:03:05 AM »
Can this moron be any more childish?  Sounds like the idiot is projecting his own paranoid shallow view of the world.   Uh stupid, I think the Israelis are intelligent enough not to judge someone by their name!  It's your ACTIONS that they're suspicious of.  And I seriously don't think Israel gives a rat's patootie what Obama thinks regarding Iran.  Isreal, as they did in the Six-Day War, will preemptively protect themselves if they deem they're imminently under attack.   And right on!

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 11:43:44 AM »
It might have been Jews that helped get him into the Senate.....but his treatment of Israel and his fawning ass-kissing of the Muslims, since he's been president is going to make every one of those Jews vote for someone else at the next election.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.