Author Topic: $2500 dollar jeans?  (Read 1535 times)

Offline thundley4

$2500 dollar jeans?
« on: June 30, 2010, 04:39:25 PM »
WTF?  http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx#getData.aspx|CallType=Product&prodId=L5Z2&des=&cat=40&gender=women&group=clothing&vendorColor=VDE0MQ==&season=actual&seasProdID=50I

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: $2500 dollar jeans?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 06:53:52 PM »
WTF?  http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx#getData.aspx|CallType=Product&prodId=L5Z2&des=&cat=40&gender=women&group=clothing&vendorColor=VDE0MQ==&season=actual&seasProdID=50I

Well Thundley, if I had the money I would never shop there.

I went to a few sections after laughing my butt off at the jeans for $2,000 that were TORN, into jewelry and when I saw something interesting I clicked on details and found the only natural stones were the Pearls. 

True most metal was 18 c but everything else was Fake, man made. Not even ONE real diamond chip in the bunch. There was nothing to say where the gold came from, and if I am to spend $6,000 on gold I want the Asian gold, with at least a 1 c of a good quality diamond.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 05:53:57 PM »
If anybody actually spent that much money on jeans, they should be bitch-slapped upside the head with a 2x4......... That's just ridiculous!! Hell, buy a $50 pair of Levis and donate the other $2450 to charity. (Or just go out to the street and hand out $20 bills until that $2400 is spent)
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Madam Firecracker

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 06:13:36 PM »
more money than sense! No way I would EVER spend that much money on a pair of jeans. $100? Yes. I'm short and it's hard to find good jeans. But I also take care of them and wear them for a LONG time so I'm not throwing money away when I buy an expensive pair. Plus, it's very rare for me to buy them more often that every few years.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 06:48:26 PM »
If anybody actually spent that much money on jeans, they should be bitch-slapped upside the head with a 2x4......... That's just ridiculous!! Hell, buy a $50 pair of Levis and donate the other $2450 to charity. (Or just go out to the street and hand out $20 bills until that $2400 is spent)

You pay $50 for a pair of Levis and I'LL hit you upside the head with a 2X4.

2 pairs of 501's or 505's at Kohl's.  Get them on sale for $25 each.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 07:36:39 PM »
I go so far as to by the cheap jeans at KMart when they're on sale to wear as work jeans, 8-10$ a pair.

Offline debk

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 09:47:13 PM »
I buy Faded Glory at Walmart for $14.95.

They fit great!!!!

(long on stride, and medium length works for me with flats....I have a 31" inseam.)
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 10:25:43 PM »
I buy Faded Glory at Walmart for $14.95.

They fit great!!!!

(long on stride, and medium length works for me with flats....I have a 31" inseam.)
:picsneeded:

(Somebody had to post it)
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline longview

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 10:30:29 PM »
I exercise some horses for people who spend about that much on jeans, judging from some eavesdropping I've done.  

I have a favorite style for riding that runs me $30-40 and spending that is a new thing.  The pair I get the most compliments on is a $7 pair of LEIs I found at Wally World one day when my pants at work got soiled early in the day and I couldn't run home.

I don't know if I could spend that on jeans if I had the money.  Wouldn't mind finding out, though!  

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 11:00:16 AM »
You pay $50 for a pair of Levis and I'LL hit you upside the head with a 2X4.

2 pairs of 501's or 505's at Kohl's.  Get them on sale for $25 each.

Well, I'm tall, so I'm relegated to buying them at a Big & Tall shop. Finding a store that carries a 36" length is kind of tough. The Big & Tall stores aren't exactly price friendly. Since they stopped making Levis in my home town, the quality has really gone downhill, especially since they are now made in China. I typically buy Eddie Bauer Jeans from online and they're just under $50. Once in a while I can find them on sale.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson