Author Topic: Custard’s First Stand: Shop Manager Tells Biden ‘Lower Our Taxes’  (Read 1857 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Got this off of Michelle Malkin's site.

Custard’s First Stand: Shop Manager Tells Biden ‘Lower Our Taxes’

By Doug Powers  â€¢  June 26, 2010 05:53 PM

**Written by guest-blogger Doug Powers

You’ve heard of Joe the Plumber, now meet Scott the Custard Shop Manager.

Sheriff Joe’s big Summer Recovery Tour 2010 (aka “Scams Across America”) continues, and Weasel Zippers has the rundown of Biden’s visit to a Milwaukee frozen custard shop yesterday:

(Biden) was appearing with Democrat Sen. Russ Feingold.  The two were eating custard there, and when Biden approached the manager with some money and asked, “What do I owe you,” the manager just responded, “Lower our taxes and we’ll call it even.”  Biden later jokingly called the manager a “smart-ass,” telling him, “Why don’t you say something nice?”

Gee, I thought “lower our taxes and stop wasting so much money or you’ll get voted out of office before you know it” was something nice.  That’s fairly friendly advice for the administration if you ask me.

When you watch the video, notice how fast Biden put his cash away after being told “it’s on us.”  Don’t make ‘em twist your arm, Joe.

In ten years, when the Republican Party is on its way to putting another R in the White House to continue the last eight years of Republican rule, political scientists are going to look back on incidents such as this and say, "The Democrats were--and still are--too arrogant."

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/06/26/custards-first-stand/
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Probably about the nicest thing your average small business owner could have made himself say to the dumb bastard, if you ask me.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
the dumb bastard

DAT, you're being far too kind . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I try to go easy on Joe due to his obvious mental handicap.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jediab

• Probationary (Probie)
Actually I think I would have charged Joe $1000 for the custards stating that is the price he now has to charge because of ObamaCare, the anticipation of the Bush tax cuts expiring and the threat of Cap n Trade.
Liberals are proof that evolution is still a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Actually I think I would have charged Joe $1000 for the custards stating that is the price he now has to charge because of ObamaCare, the anticipation of the Bush tax cuts expiring and the threat of Cap n Trade.

+1   :cheersmate:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
He's the typical liberal. Give him something for free and he still bitches.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.