Author Topic: What does 35 pounds look like?  (Read 7874 times)

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
What does 35 pounds look like?
« on: January 09, 2008, 10:33:16 PM »
Hi Everyone. This a bit of self bragging thread, and a some encouragement for me to stick with my resolution  :-* This year my resolution is to lose  20 more pounds, unless I'm really happy with less.

Last December I decided that I was sick and tired of being overweight so I made it my resolution to lose 20 pounds in 2007.  Well, I ended up losing 37, so here are my before and after pictures  :-)  No making fun of the first picture  :hammer:

Offline jtyangel

Re: What does 35 pounds look like?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 10:36:20 PM »
EXCELLENT, Rose. You look incredible and good job. You have all my support for your goals this year. Keep up the good work. Are you feeling any better after shedding that?

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 10:39:04 PM »
EXCELLENT, Rose. You look incredible and good job. You have all my support for your goals this year. Keep up the good work. Are you feeling any better after shedding that?

I feel a lot healthier overall, and more confident.  I don't get out of breath as easily as I used to :)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 10:45:53 PM »
You look friggen fabulous.   :-*

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 10:48:41 PM »

Thank you  :-*

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 10:49:16 PM »
You are a beautiful woman in both pics.

But good for you for tossing off those pounds. Hotter in the latter is no doubt better :)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 10:50:34 PM »

You are welcome.  I just want you to know that I am seriously serious, you look fantastic.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 10:51:09 PM »

But good for you for tossing off those pounds. Hotter in the latter is no doubt better :)

Aww, thank you  :shucks:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 10:57:34 PM »

Damn, I was going to say that.

WTH, I'll just agree in spades.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 11:00:51 PM »

Damn, I was going to say that.

WTH, I'll just agree in spades.

Thank you very much Reardon  :)

Offline vftb

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 11:03:34 PM »
Nothing succeeds like success; great job  :cheersmate:  You're looking great.
To err is human, to really **** things up you need a computer

Offline foxworthy

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Beginning Fresh
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 11:09:09 PM »
I need to post my before and after sometime.  I lost 70lbs.   I managed to lose 80, but I got ten back already.

I know how hard it is, and how hard it is too keep it going. :cheersmate:  So congratulations.
When the game is over, both the pawn and the king are put away in the same box

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 11:10:04 PM »
Nothing succeeds like success; great job  :cheersmate:  You're looking great.

Thank you :)

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 11:10:34 PM »
I need to post my before and after sometime.  I lost 70lbs.   I managed to lose 80, but I got ten back already.

I know how hard it is, and how hard it is too keep it going. :cheersmate:  So congratulations.

Way to go!  :cheersmate:  and Thank you :)

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 11:11:53 PM »
You look grrrreat!
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 11:12:09 PM »

I OTOH, just stay the same.  I don't eat sweets, I walk 1 hour a day, I allow myself only one "junk food" meal a week.  I don't get worse, but I don't get svelter.

Oh well. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 11:17:54 PM »
wow... awesome job Celtic Rose! I was telling BEG that i want to lose some weight so my boobs get smaller and i can get a better follow thru in my swing (for golf) ..

so.. to start with, i'm watching The Biggest Loser  :popcorn: :-)

but seriously, congratulations.. i know its a hard job but you look just beautiful.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 11:20:18 PM »
wow... awesome job Celtic Rose! I was telling BEG that i want to lose some weight so my boobs get smaller and i can get a better follow thru in my swing (for golf) ..

but seriously, congratulations.. i know its a hard job but you look just beautiful.

My boobs haven't got much smaller at all  :mental: I figure they just make my waist look smaller :p

The biggest loser is great motivation. Good luck!

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 11:26:52 PM »

My boobs haven't got much smaller at all  :mental: I figure they just make my waist look smaller :p

I was going to say something abut shedding some lbs but still keeping the great uhhh....... smile. (thought it might come out as to subtle or to creepy, but since you mentioned it...)

sigh

Your an insperation anywho. I'm on day 10 of not smoking. (it's fu**ing awsome  :angryvillagers:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline vftb

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 11:34:08 PM »
I'm on day 10 of not smoking. (it's fu**ing awsome

Now that is awesome, I truly envy you on that one.  Congratulations, keep it up.  :cheersmate:
To err is human, to really **** things up you need a computer

Offline Lauri

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 11:34:16 PM »

I was going to say something abut shedding some lbs but still keeping the great uhhh....... smile. (thought it might come out as to subtle or to creepy, but since you mentioned it...)

sigh

Your an insperation anywho. I'm on day 10 of not smoking. (it's fu**ing awsome  :angryvillagers:

oh yeah, i know men love the big boob thing... for us ladies, its just a pain.

the cute tops and summer stuff is all for smaller boobed women..

thats some motivation as i have a new clothing line i want to get into (its called Free People, if any of the ladies are interested) and their stuff is just adorable.

and God Speed on quitting smoking.. probably the hardest addiction of all to beat.. i wish you luck!

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 11:38:23 PM »

sigh

LOL!

Way to go on not smoking.  I think that is much more difficult than losing weight and I wish you the absolute best of luck with it  :cheersmate:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 12:02:15 AM »
Quote from: Lauri
oh yeah, i know men love the big boob thing... for us ladies, its just a pain.

the cute tops and summer stuff is all for smaller boobed women..

thats some motivation as i have a new clothing line i want to get into (its called Free People, if any of the ladies are interested) and their stuff is just adorable.

and God Speed on quitting smoking.. probably the hardest addiction of all to beat.. i wish you luck!

Well. There is a limit. LOL (and thanks for the encouragement)

Quote from: Celtic Rose
Way to go on not smoking.  I think that is much more difficult than losing weight and I wish you the absolute best of luck with it

Thank you. Thank you very much.

- Ayn Rand

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 05:15:18 AM »

You are welcome.  I just want you to know that I am seriously serious, you look fantastic.

Yep, ditto what BEG said. I'm not just commenting to comment either. You do look terrific, Rose, and as you said, you are feeling the health benefits of it by increased energy, confidence, and all around feeling of well being.  :-*

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 05:17:45 AM »

Definitely, post them. I love seeing this kind of thing and it's a great encouragement as people continue in this journey.