Author Topic: Obama has pleasantly surprised me  (Read 2837 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Obama has pleasantly surprised me
« on: June 10, 2010, 05:53:48 PM »
We all knew Obama--in addition to being corrupt and cavorting with racists and terrorists--was wholly unprepared for the office he now holds. It wasn't just the absolute lack experience, one must look at the political environs in which he was groomed.

No one in the Chicago political machine gave a damn about Obama the man. What they saw was a fresh-faced, smooth-talking kid whose life's story fit the meta(-physical) narrative that lefties adore (methinks the birth certificate would ruin that story, not Obama's citizenship). So they groomed him because he marched to their drummer. He was a blank slate that accepted whatever was imprinted on him; his mother and grandparents being lefties.

They wanted Obama to rise in the halls of power to heights his lefty masters never could reach on their own. So he was sent to Chicago where things like elections could never befoul the need to give their dutiful protege the requisite resume. In short, Obama never had to face a genuine political fight and his votes were explaioned to him over the phone and most of those were for him to vote "present".

But now Obama is in charge. Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright can't yank his leash anymore. Obama is finally his own man but at least he is for the most part ideologically reliable to his old masters.

My biggest fear was that despite these deficits in real world wrangling Obama being naturally smart and cagey might begin to pick up on the discontent he has inspired. I feared that within a year or so, before any real crisis hit him, he would find his sea-legs on the ship of state.

Surely, he would find his focus and begin to govern "effectively" and this would come in time to mute the mid-term push-back and worse: grant him a second term.

But it seems the very things that made Obama will break him. Obama was raised on the adoring praise of sychophants and scions. For all his smarts he is dumb enough to believe their propaganda. There's no telling him what to do because he's smart, attractive and adored. Those around him can't afford to cross him because he holds the centralized power they've long salivated to invest in the chief executive's chair. Without his blank canvas they have no place to repaint America.

For all his power he is powerless to learn how to wield what he possesses.

Now, I do not relish the impotent and misdirected course Obama has set our nation upon but there is no denying that he has failed to learn lessons from his costly battles, lost battles and battles passed unnoticed.

The "long national nightmare" won't be as long as we dared to dread. Obama will be effectively cut-off come next January as even the GOP loses its ability to lose from the surging insurrgency of the Tea Party. After that he won;t even be able to blame his impotence on congress because that congress could never had come to be except as a protest to his policies and meandering half-engagements. January 20, 2013 won't come
fast enough...for the Obama family to slip into blessed obscurity...or community organizing.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline cavegal

Re: Obama has pleasantly surprised me
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 06:09:15 PM »
Hope this article is correct! Did you write it Mr SBunny???

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 06:11:32 PM »

But it seems the very things that made Obama will break him. Obama was raised on the adoring praise of sychophants and scions. For all his smarts he is dumb enough to believe their propaganda. There's no telling him what to do because he's smart, attractive and adored. Those around him can't afford to cross him because he holds the centralized power they've long salivated to invest in the chief executive's chair.

What you have written is perhaps the most scary part of Obama.

He believes his own Press...rather the Press of two years ago...and does not realize that he is no longer the Exalted One.

He thinks there is no one superior to him.

He truly is more dangerous now than ever before, because as you say....his controllers no longer have control.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 06:18:16 PM »
I was commenting on this part.....
The "long national nightmare" won't be as long as we dared to dread. Obama will be effectively cut-off come next January as even the GOP loses its ability to lose from the surging insurrgency of the Tea Party. After that he won;t even be able to blame his impotence on congress because that congress could never had come to be except as a protest to his policies and meandering half-engagements. January 20, 2013 won't come
fast enough...for the Obama family to slip into blessed obscurity...or community organizing.
  :popcorn:

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 06:22:11 PM »
Hope this article is correct! Did you write it Mr SBunny???
Yes ma'am.

What you have written is perhaps the most scary part of Obama.

He believes his own Press...rather the Press of two years ago...and does not realize that he is no longer the Exalted One.

He thinks there is no one superior to him.

He truly is more dangerous now than ever before, because as you say....his controllers no longer have control.

But he is inept. For all his power he is too clueless to use it. In his past voting present was the key to his ascension. By voting present no one could indict him for voting one way and not another.

He could barely wrangle his own pet agenda of seizing the healthcare industry through a congress that was lop-sidedly in his favor at a time when the polls were still on his side. All it has gained him is a 44% approval rating, one if not both houses of congress going to the enemy and a caucus too scared to have him campaign on their behalf.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 06:23:54 PM »
He is a man of no class...a literal street thug that survives by hook or by crook.
His cred "kick ass" statement the other day evidences it,how sad that the President of the USA feels a need to resort to that for political gain.
Lay down with dogs... the saying goes.

As for political things I wonder though if we take back control of Congress this fall does that lead the mushy middle to think it is okay to reelect him as now there is no need to get rid of him?

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 06:28:10 PM »
He is a man of no class...a literal street thug that survives by hook or by crook.
His cred "kick ass" statement the other day evidences it,how sad that the President of the USA feels a need to resort to that for political gain.
Lay down with dogs... the saying goes.

As for political things I wonder though if we take back control of Congress this fall does that lead the mushy middle to think it is okay to reelect him as now there is no need to get rid of him?
Obama is a man of much ego and little skin.

If the GOP gains hold of either--or Heaven's blessing--both houses then he will be even more combative. Actually, he'll be worse, he'll be outright flailing.

Obama is no Clinton.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 06:41:27 PM »

If the GOP gains hold of either--or Heaven's blessing--both houses then he will be even more combative. Actually, he'll be worse, he'll be outright flailing.

Obama is no Clinton.

I wonder that too...will he "lose it" at that point.
Clintons self preservation instinct was his strongest suit.
O has no remorse about throwing anyone under the bus for his own purposes so will he try to survive for a second term or will he say to hell with it and try to be as close to a dictator as our system of government will allow?

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 06:58:04 PM »
O has no remorse about throwing anyone under the bus for his own purposes so will he try to survive for a second term or will he say to hell with it and try to be as close to a dictator as our system of government will allow?

Clinton also had Hillary. Say what you want about her, but that is one strong individual...and she was not going to let Bill screw up her being First Lady and eventually her run for president.

Michelle ain't no Hillary....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 07:04:02 PM »
He's a victim of his own narcissism.   :popcorn:

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 07:10:33 PM »
Bus throwing is a reflex of weakness of the psyche. It betrays a mind too fragile to wade into tougher fights or any fight, for that matter.

He doesn't know how to fight because he has never had to.

Clinton grew-up in a scrapper's world, as a boy and as a pol. At least Bubba is respectable in that regard.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 07:21:17 PM »

Obama is no Clinton.
  Mr.Snuggle Bunny I keep seeing this that he will get more combative... a symptom of narcissist. Violent like ??
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 07:36:52 PM by cavegal »

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 07:28:43 PM »
Bus throwing is a reflex of weakness of the psyche. It betrays a mind too fragile to wade into tougher fights or any fight, for that matter.

He doesn't know how to fight because he has never had to.

Clinton grew-up in a scrapper's world, as a boy and as a pol. At least Bubba is respectable in that regard.

yeah that.

Obama is the classic empty suit.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 07:55:25 PM »

Obama is no Clinton.

You nailed it here.   Very true prediction we will watch come to fruition.    The liberal machine is already doing damage control on the seats they are going to definitely lose in November by spinning it with the political game of "now we can blame everything on the Republicans as they will have control of Congress"  yada yada.   

Except of course they are completely underestimating how unstable our president is.    He was not ready to run for this office.  He needed grooming.  They had paid for this costly and rookie mistake in giving him the nomination, and will continue to pay for it into the future. 

He will have a meltdown, but the GOP will have Congress so he will effect little change with it.    If he wasn't president it would be enjoyable to watch -- we will instead just become more increasingly concerned/disturbed.  Two more years.     

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »
Last night's Oval Orifice address convinces me more than ever that my hypothesis is on the proper heading.

For weeks the criticisms of Obama's performance have been specific, i.e. no waivers to build berms, no waiver of the Jones Act, no accepting help from foreign sources.

Obama addressed none of these and I'm willing to bet a week from now these requests will still be languishing.

Instead we got a promise to name a commission that will assemble and and develop a plan and odds are that plan will be forwarded to the president's desk for approval where it will sit for a day or 4 while he mulls the political risks. Hell, we might even see him playing polo or hob-knobbing with some celebrity or some equally absurd shit.

Either the man is incapable of learning from the criticisms leveled against him and/or those criticisms are being shielded from him. Someone with at least an ounce of savvy would be expected to game public perceptions.

Not this guy.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 10:18:48 AM »
Either the man is incapable of learning from the criticisms leveled against him and/or those criticisms are being shielded from him. Someone with at least an ounce of savvy would be expected to game public perceptions.

Not this guy.

I don't believe he's being shielded, I just think he believes in his own omnipotence...and is immune to any criticism. In his mind....he is so far above all us mere peons....after all....he is the President of the United States of America. He won!

:censored:

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 07:26:17 PM »
Rasmussen polls released today has him at an all time low 42% approval rating.
But screw that....on with the agenda, say he. :loser:

Even the democrats know he's a one termer.

Offline 5412

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 07:45:45 PM »
We all knew Obama--in addition to being corrupt and cavorting with racists and terrorists--was wholly unprepared for the office he now holds. It wasn't just the absolute lack experience, one must look at the political environs in which he was groomed.

No one in the Chicago political machine gave a damn about Obama the man. What they saw was a fresh-faced, smooth-talking kid whose life's story fit the meta(-physical) narrative that lefties adore (methinks the birth certificate would ruin that story, not Obama's citizenship). So they groomed him because he marched to their drummer. He was a blank slate that accepted whatever was imprinted on him; his mother and grandparents being lefties.

They wanted Obama to rise in the halls of power to heights his lefty masters never could reach on their own. So he was sent to Chicago where things like elections could never befoul the need to give their dutiful protege the requisite resume. In short, Obama never had to face a genuine political fight and his votes were explaioned to him over the phone and most of those were for him to vote "present".

But now Obama is in charge. Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright can't yank his leash anymore. Obama is finally his own man but at least he is for the most part ideologically reliable to his old masters.

My biggest fear was that despite these deficits in real world wrangling Obama being naturally smart and cagey might begin to pick up on the discontent he has inspired. I feared that within a year or so, before any real crisis hit him, he would find his sea-legs on the ship of state.

Surely, he would find his focus and begin to govern "effectively" and this would come in time to mute the mid-term push-back and worse: grant him a second term.

But it seems the very things that made Obama will break him. Obama was raised on the adoring praise of sychophants and scions. For all his smarts he is dumb enough to believe their propaganda. There's no telling him what to do because he's smart, attractive and adored. Those around him can't afford to cross him because he holds the centralized power they've long salivated to invest in the chief executive's chair. Without his blank canvas they have no place to repaint America.

For all his power he is powerless to learn how to wield what he possesses.

Now, I do not relish the impotent and misdirected course Obama has set our nation upon but there is no denying that he has failed to learn lessons from his costly battles, lost battles and battles passed unnoticed.

Hi,

To me Obama is a puppet and who knows, Ayers, Soros????  Who pulls the strings.  What has happened is that they may pull BO's strings but the democrat leaders are realizing that he is pulling them to the unemployment line.  I do not think it is Obama pushing back as much as it is the democrats pushing back and he does not know whether to doo-doo or go blind.  He is still pushing cap and tax while Rome burns....

He is an idiot!

regards,

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 02:26:36 PM »
Still

hasn't

learned.

CBS News confirms Obama will thumb his nose at 70% of the electorate going into a mid-term election by suing AZ over its illegal immigration enforcement laws.

Additionally, as hotair.com says:

Wow … just wow.  What a tremendously incompetent manner in which to announce the decision.  The Obama administration informed the Ecuadorian people of this decision before the White House informed Americans.

Indeed.

Remember kids: Obama was sold to us as the ideal of all things liberalism can achieve.

By 2012 all things liberal will be anathema to the US electorate and anytime within living memory a liberal rears its head for elective office the albatross of Obama will be hung about their neck.

Offline ConservativeMobster

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 03:12:05 PM »

By 2012 all things liberal will be anathema to the US electorate and anytime within living memory a liberal rears its head for elective office the albatross of Obama will be hung about their neck.

We shall HOPE
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?***Ronald Reagan

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 05:04:12 PM »

Obama will also spoil any chances for any black guy who might have run for elected office... :uhsure:

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 05:11:07 PM »
Obama will also spoil any chances for any black guy who might have run for elected office... :uhsure:

That would be unfortunate because once blacks shed liberal idiocy they become some of the strongest intellectual minds, i.e Williams, Rogers-Brown, Sowell, Zo, Thomas, Parker etc

Black liberals like Wright, Pfleger, Jackson, Sharpton etc can't even hold a candle to these super novas.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 05:18:31 PM »
That would be unfortunate because once blacks shed liberal idiocy they become some of the strongest intellectual minds, i.e Williams, Rogers-Brown, Sowell, Zo, Thomas, Parker etc

And Clarence Thomas...but black conservatives are certainly in the minority. 

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 05:26:36 PM »
And Clarence Thomas...but black conservatives are certainly in the minority. 
I listed Thomas.

:tongue:

:cheersmate:

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 05:31:36 PM »
I listed Thomas.

:tongue:

:cheersmate:

You did, didn't you....So Thomas and Sowell, a justice and a writer...who are the others?  These two never actually RAN for elected office, one appointed, the other writes....Did any of the others you listed run for office?