Author Topic: Blanche Lincoln Wins Runoff in Arkansas, Captures Democratic Nomination  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
In a stunning victory Tuesday, Arkansas Sen. Blanche Lincoln proved she was a survivor in an anti-incumbent year by winning a squeaker of a race against Lt. Gov. Bill Halter in a runoff election for her party's nomination.

Defying expectations, Lincoln had been on the ropes against Halter, who had the support of big labor unions and liberal groups like MoveOn.org. But Lincoln had the support of former President Bill Clinton, an Arkansas native, and President Obama, whose spotty record this year had seemed unlikely to offer Lincoln much added value.

With expectations that Lincoln would not survive the night, a Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee source told Fox News earlier Tuesday that Democrats "weren’t going to win Arkansas anyway" in November.

Lincoln faces Rep. John Boozman, R-Ark., in the November election. Republican Sen. John McCain won the presidential contest in Arkansas in 2008 by 20 points.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/08/facing-anti-incumbent-wave-lincoln-fights-political-survival/
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 10:48:58 PM by chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

That's good news, if for no other reason than it will piss the DUmmies off.

Offline Lord Undies

Yes, this is good news indeed.  Blanche Lincoln will now have to defend her decisions to ignore her constituents.  Old tired blood like Blanche will go down to quick defeat.  New blood wouldn't have her "problems".

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Could be, but I think she is a stronger candidate for the Dems in the general election than Halter would have been, 2010 is not going to be the year of the MoveOn/Soros hard left freaks.

The best thing about it is that SEIU burned 10 million bucks to lose.  Join your money in the tarnished dome of Hell, union thugs!
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Could be, but I think she is a stronger candidate for the Dems in the general election than Halter would have been, 2010 is not going to be the year of the MoveOn/Soros hard left freaks.
The best thing about it is that SEIU burned 10 million bucks to lose.  Join your money in the tarnished dome of Hell, union thugs!

But what's so funny is they are so deluded that they still think they're gonna win. :evillaugh:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

But what's so funny is they are so deluded that they still think they're gonna win. :evillaugh:

What's also funny is that the unions spent $10 million trying to get her ousted.  :evillaugh:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

What's also funny is that the unions spent $10 million trying to get her ousted.  :evillaugh:

Oh HELL yeah!

:cheersmate:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline bkg

Be careful not to be over confident. It's anyone's game at this point. And there's a long time to the elections...

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Be careful not to be over confident. It's anyone's game at this point. And there's a long time to the elections...

I'm talking about the hard-left freaks.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline bkg

I'm talking about the hard-left freaks.

Me to... :)