Author Topic: 71% in Arizona Now Support State’s New Immigration Law  (Read 537 times)

Offline thundley4

Arizona voters now support the state’s new immigration law more than ever and are still more inclined to think the law will be good for the state’s economy rather than bad. A lot of voters in the state are thinking it’s payback time, too, to those cities or states that boycott Arizona.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in Arizona finds that 71% now favor the immigration law, while 24% oppose it.
In late April, the law was supported by 64% of the state’s voters and opposed by 30%

Nationally, 55% of voters favor passage of such a law in their state.
President Obama and others, including major Hispanic groups, have criticized the law, saying it will lead to racial profiling, and have continued to oppose it despite the state legislature’s amending of the law to address that concern.

Now only 43% of Arizona voters are at least somewhat concerned that efforts to identify and deport illegal immigrants also will end up violating the civil rights of some U.S. citizens, down seven points from the previous survey. Fifty-five percent (55%) do not share that concern.

Unchanged from late April is the view of 87% that the new immigration law is at least somewhat important in terms of how they will vote in the next election. That includes 63% who say it’s Very Important.
Rasmussen Reports

This doesn't bode well for any immigration that grants amnesty without sealing the borders.  Personally, I'm not sure any bill giving amnesty will be looked upon with favor by the majority. Republicans had better watch out how they stand on this issue.

Offline Boudicca

Re: 71% in Arizona Now Support State’s New Immigration Law
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 05:13:45 PM »
Rasmussen Reports

This doesn't bode well for any immigration that grants amnesty without sealing the borders.  Personally, I'm not sure any bill giving amnesty will be looked upon with favor by the majority. Republicans had better watch out how they stand on this issue.

As an Arizonan who voted for McCain in the presidential election and will NOT vote for him to keep representing me come this Fall, I can echo your sentiment that Republicans had better watch out.  I've only lived here 7 years and not right on the border; I can only imagine how sick unto death those right against the border who have always lived here feel.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline cavegal

Re: 71% in Arizona Now Support State’s New Immigration Law
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 05:22:05 PM »
Out of all the insanity these past months since the 0 has been in power this one seems to have the most people for it. I am glad. He needs this. It is his voters he has and will be losing. He needs to make them up.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16