Author Topic: obama to butt pluggers- I'm cutting the funding for cooties  (Read 27386 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

Re: obama to butt pluggers- I'm cutting the funding for cooties
« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2010, 08:18:52 AM »
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2010, 08:19:56 AM »
I am opposed to a gay giving blood. Just as I am opposed to heterosexuals who engage in risky behavior giving blood. There is no room for political correctness when it comes to things like this.

Blood banks take the blood from the donor.....and test the blood AFTER it's taken not before.

We ALL need to hope that the donated blood is properly tested and the tech doing the testing doesn't screw up.

Tainted blood is why, when one is having a "planned" surgery.....either the patient or patient's family is now asked if they wish to donate blood prior to the surgery in case it is needed. Eliminate the risk of "bad" blood.

Not only is AIDS passed through tainted blood, so is Hep C....both can kill you....we just don't hear about Hep C like we do AIDS.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2010, 08:25:12 AM »
The whole political correctness thing should be thrown out. Let's call a spade a spade.

If we insist on honesty, and then enforce it, liberalism/leftism will be dead.  That's what political correctness is about.  PC is not to protect the feelings of any individual.  PC is about protecting the veneer of legitimacy which hides the evil dishonesty of Leftism.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2010, 08:27:11 AM »

Blood banks take the blood from the donor.....and test the blood AFTER it's taken not before.

We ALL need to hope that the donated blood is properly tested and the tech doing the testing doesn't screw up.

Tainted blood is why, when one is having a "planned" surgery.....either the patient or patient's family is now asked if they wish to donate blood prior to the surgery in case it is needed. Eliminate the risk of "bad" blood.

Not only is AIDS passed through tainted blood, so is Hep C....both can kill you....we just don't hear about Hep C like we do AIDS.

That's why it is very important to pre screen and not allow people with high risk behavior to add to the pool.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2010, 09:00:53 AM »
If we insist on honesty, and then enforce it, liberalism/leftism will be dead.  That's what political correctness is about.  PC is not to protect the feelings of any individual.  PC is about protecting the veneer of legitimacy which hides the evil dishonesty of Leftism.

Anybody with half a brain realizes this. All under the guise of fair play.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #205 on: May 19, 2010, 09:06:56 AM »
That's why it is very important to pre screen and not allow people with high risk behavior to add to the pool.

Exactly.  A single-layer defense is an inherently-weak defense, like an eggshell.

Given the scope of the possible harm in accepting blood from a recently-contaminated donor, two or more layers to the blood-screening process move the chance of error from 'a chance you'd rather not ever have to take' to 'reasonably safe routine medical procedure.'   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #206 on: May 19, 2010, 09:13:29 AM »
Exactly.  A single-layer defense is an inherently-weak defense, like an eggshell.

Given the scope of the possible harm in accepting blood from a recently-contaminated donor, two or more layers to the blood-screening process move the chance of error from 'a chance you'd rather not ever have to take' to 'reasonably safe routine medical procedure.'   

then again these are the same idiots who think enforcing border security is racism. I tell you political correctness is deadly.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #207 on: May 19, 2010, 10:23:32 AM »

I've only donated blood once, because my blood pressure is too low. When I went, to Medic, I was given a generic form to fill out. I was honest...I had no reason not to be.

But if someone is getting paid ( I wasn't) for their blood...and need the money...are they really going to be totally honest and risk not getting any money?

Filling out a form, does not tell the blood bank that one's blood is contaminated. I know Medic tests after, and will send out a letter to the donor if there are any problems. (I received one, my cholesterol was high) And I think by law, they are required to report to the health dept if AIDs, Hep C or any STD is present.

It can take years for HIV/AIDS symptoms to show up, yet it may be present in the blood. I think it can take some extended time for Hep C to show up too. A close friend ended up with Hep C from a blood transfusion during extensive abdominal surgery (he's a "bleeder", and is the father of the son who had hemophilia and died from AIDS from contaminated blood. Two of his daughter's 3 sons are also hemophiliacs. They can fall riding a bike and require a transfusion of factor (packed cells)).

There are many many people who end up with AIDS and Hep C through no fault of their own.....all because of a contaminated blood transfusion or being a medical care person who contracts either disease through their care of an infected patient.

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #208 on: May 19, 2010, 01:27:51 PM »

I only gave once.

I think I got a cookie.

They won't let me do it now, skin condition... that you CANNOT catch ... oh well.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2010, 02:24:38 PM »
I only gave once.

I think I got a cookie.

They won't let me do it now, skin condition... that you CANNOT catch ... oh well.

I got a cookie and a little Dixie cup of orange juice.... :tongue:

and almost passed out driving home I had the shakes so bad.  :o

As much as they want my blood - I'm O+ - they won't take it unless my blood pressure goes up quite a bit more.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2010, 02:26:06 PM »

I got a cookie and a little Dixie cup of orange juice.... :tongue:

and almost passed out driving home I had the shakes so bad.  :o

As much as they want my blood - I'm O+ - they won't take it unless my blood pressure goes up quite a bit more.

Isn't Obama in office enough to make your blood pressure go up?  :-)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #211 on: May 19, 2010, 03:32:02 PM »
Isn't Obama in office enough to make your blood pressure go up?  :-)

Oh....it skyrockets when I get on the subject of him!!!

It goes up to "normal" when I get tense, stressed, or nervous - like going to the doctor. Otherwise it's 90-something over 60-something. It was up to normal at a doctor's visit, so I thought I could go donate. I went, they took their share, and then it crashed after I left. I had surgery one time, that several hours after surgery, I couldn't feel my lower legs or arms. My BP was down to 60/40, yet I was conscious and talking. Shook everybody up at the time. It's not a deal, except now I have to tell before surgery, that my BP goes haywire. 

Offline soleil

« Reply #212 on: May 19, 2010, 04:43:20 PM »
Have you ever read "Lamb: The Gospel Accoring to Biff"(Christ's Childhood Friend)?   Really funny book. And, like "Prayers for Bobby", has absolutely nothing to do with the true Jesus.
[/quote

I have not read it, but I am open to reading it.

And I didn't say that "Prayers" had anything to do with Jesus. It is just an inside look of someone conflicted about being gay because of their religious beliefs. It was a very sad book.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #213 on: May 20, 2010, 10:48:39 AM »
Well then surely you'd want anyone with a transimittable disease to also have that tattoo?

Works for me!

But then again, I've been faithfully married for 36 years, so it really won't effect me and "Toots".
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #214 on: May 20, 2010, 10:57:52 AM »
I will never understand the sick minds that thinks the radical homosexual agenda is worth their passion.

They must get their kicks from mocking and laughing at God - because that is surely the outcome.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #215 on: May 20, 2010, 12:00:22 PM »
It's not about morals, its about public safety. 

That, and being an "asshole bandit" is a crime against nature! It's not nice to piss off Mother Nature!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #216 on: May 20, 2010, 12:11:18 PM »
It's not nice to piss off Mother Nature!

Just like the old "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" commercials . . .  :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #217 on: May 20, 2010, 12:57:18 PM »

Hey, hey, hey! You're showing "our" age!

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #218 on: May 20, 2010, 01:30:41 PM »
Hey, hey, hey! You're showing "our" age!

I was in grade school then . . .  :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #219 on: May 20, 2010, 02:05:28 PM »
I was in grade school then . . .  :tongue:

:hammer:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #220 on: May 20, 2010, 03:57:44 PM »

Weren't those Chiffon commercials?

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #221 on: May 20, 2010, 04:12:45 PM »

Different margarine.

Chase her.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #222 on: May 20, 2010, 04:36:05 PM »

Parkay.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline thundley4

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #224 on: May 20, 2010, 08:17:12 PM »

Chase her.