Author Topic: obama to butt pluggers- I'm cutting the funding for cooties  (Read 27465 times)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: obama to butt pluggers- I'm cutting the funding for cooties
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2010, 12:37:49 PM »
But, without homosexuals, the disease most likely could have been contained and eradicated.  We have managed to do that with other diseases that are transmitted much more easily.

AIDS is NEVER going to be conquered.

It's a great big cash cow to the medical/pharmaceutical community.

HIV/AIDS drugs are incredibly expensive....and lots of money goes into research for them. Long term medical care is required so it's an annuity for doctors and care facilties. Patient has to have special guidelines followed to prevent inadvertently spreading the disease - masks, private rooms, paper gowns, latex gloves, etc, etc, etc. 

Just as the common cold and cancer are never going to go away completely....neither is HIV/AIDS.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2010, 12:41:54 PM »
Luckily, my friend has never been promiscuous and didn't engage in risky sex. Thank God, because my life would not have been as rich had I lost him when everyone around us was dying. After that, for whatever reason, it became an "everyone can get it" disease. Had the disease spread as fast as the fear and rumors, it would be much more prevalent among heterosexuals. Had advocates not tried to be so damn politically correct by spreading the fear so many lives could have been saved.

Cindie

Actually this was the result of the GLBT/liberal/MSM /PC crowd insisting that the truth about the propagation of HIV/AIDS never be directly attributed to the gay community for fear of public backlash.  In fact this effort resulted in passage of numerous laws preventing governments from tracing infected people "to protect their privacy".  

To this day HIV positive persons (depending on state) have a great deal of protection from publicity, far in excess of those having other infectious diseases that might also pose a health risk to the public at large.  In most states HIV/AIDS sufferers are NOT required to declare that they are infected to health care professionals, of any kind......doctors, nurses, dentists, etc., all are now at much elevated risk, because they have "no right to know" that a potential patient is HIV positive.......which not only places the health profession at higher risk, but akso potentially risks everyone else that they treat.

It went so far in the mid-80's as to include public affairs TV and radio commercials as well as inclusion in public school health cirricula, as though it were a disease that was a general public risk......all of which was a complete fabrication.  With the exclusion of transfusion risk, HIV/AIDS has never been a risk to the public at large, and in the US at least, the number of new infections resulting from OTHER that homosexual contact, or IV drug use is so close to zero as to be statisticly insignificant.

When you objectivly consider that IV drug users are destined to remove themselves from the public in a variety of ways that may or may not include HIV/AIDS, they essentially become self-expendable.......

Leaving only homosexuals as the primary problem with this disease.......

doc

Offline thundley4

« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2010, 12:42:07 PM »

HIV/AIDS drugs are incredibly expensive....and lots of money goes into research for them. Long term medical care is required so it's an annuity for doctors and care facilties. Patient has to have special guidelines followed to prevent inadvertently spreading the disease - masks, private rooms, paper gowns, latex gloves, etc, etc, etc. 

Just as the common cold and cancer are never going to go away completely....neither is HIV/AIDS.

I doubt that it will be conquered, but that doesn't mean that it could not have been stopped soon after it's introduction to the US. At least after it was identified.

As for cancer, I think there is still a chance of finding cures for most forms. Maybe if half the money spent on AIDS research were to spent on it.

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2010, 12:57:18 PM »

HIV/AIDS drugs are incredibly expensive....and lots of money goes into research for them. Long term medical care is required so it's an annuity for doctors and care facilities. Patient has to have special guidelines followed to prevent inadvertently spreading the disease - masks, private rooms, paper gowns, latex gloves, etc, etc, etc. 

I'm not going to argue with the bolded part, however most of the rest is essentially BS.....

The reason that HIV does now, and will  resist a cure, is that it is not unlike the "common cold"....it is a virus that every time it infects a host, it combines partially with the DNA of the host, therefore mutating into a completely different strain of virus.  Every HIV infection is therefore unique, and retroviral drugs that fight it become obsolete in months, as the disease changes its form to the point where the drugs are ineffective.

The same mutation charactistic also defies developing an effective vaccine, as virtually each infection is unique, and therefore the search for a vaccine is largely an effort in futility.

At some time in the far distant future, a "synthetic counter virus" night be developed which would force the HIV virus to mutate into a form that is benign, and therefore no longer fatal, but the likelyhood of that happening in the near future is unlikely.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2010, 01:05:14 PM »
Very well said, those of us who were around when AIDS 1st came about know the true story, not the "made up we have to feel good about ourselves liberal revisionist history" of the epidemic. Also I want to bring up something else that's ticked me off, the Catholic Church built the 1st AIDS wing in the US so that AIDS patients wouldn't have to die alone and they would die with dignity, and how were they paid back? by having ACT-UP invading St. Patrick's Cathedral and spitting the host out of their mouths and onto the floor.

Well that's because lesbian sex is less risky and women aren't as promiscuous. But, by trying to make the argument "it's everybody's disease" you do a disservice to those most vulnerable. Trying to make this an "equal opportunity" disease you don't focus on those things that truly can make gay men safe (or safer). Were it simply an "anal sex" disease it would be MORE prevalent among straight and even bisexual people. This is an important issue for me because it's personal.

My best friend is gay. We have such an uncanny connection that we know when something is wrong with each other. We were going to college in the bay area when this whole thing started. For a while, when they truly didn't know what caused it (there was even speculation it could be poppers if you can believe that), it seemed like we were losing a friend every week. And it was scary. The accepted myth has become it was Reagan's fault because he didn't care (yeah, like living and working in Hollywood he didn't have any gay friends).

But I was there. The government suspected it had something to do with the bath houses and asked them to, at least temporarily, close them until they knew more. The owners REFUSED because they were making money hand over fist, especially around the weekend of the gay freedom parade. They asked if the organizers would at least pass out fliers at the parade to be careful, especially at the bath houses. Again, they refused.

People came from all over the US and saw bath houses as a place where they could let loose and have scads and wads of anonymous sex. Then they'd take the virus back with them. Imagine the difference had those who were supposedly advocating for gay men had been willing to take these simple steps. But no, rather than protect them, even though it meant losing money, they just blamed Reagan and it's now part of the gay/liberal myth. To this day advocacy groups still don't admit complicity.

Luckily, my friend has never been promiscuous and didn't engage in risky sex. Thank God, because my life would not have been as rich had I lost him when everyone around us was dying. After that, for whatever reason, it became an "everyone can get it" disease. Had the disease spread as fast as the fear and rumors, it would be much more prevalent among heterosexuals. Had advocates not tried to be so damn politically correct by spreading the fear so many lives could have been saved.

Cindie
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2010, 01:27:22 PM »
Were it simply an "anal sex" disease it would be MORE prevalent among straight and even bisexual people. This is an important issue for me because it's personal

You might want to rewrite.... um.. never mind.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2010, 08:13:22 PM »
You might want to rewrite.... um.. never mind.

:bow2: :blonde:

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2010, 08:28:26 PM »
lol

Offline soleil

« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2010, 08:30:51 PM »

Yep. Totally agree.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2010, 08:33:25 PM »
Leftists will never forgive God for not making AIDS and airborne disease.  They SOOOO needed it to be an airborne disease. 

Offline soleil

« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2010, 08:50:16 PM »
Leftists will never forgive God for not making AIDS and airborne disease.  They SOOOO needed it to be an airborne disease. 

I can only guess that is aimed at me, but that is the most ridiculous statement ever.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2010, 08:51:24 PM »
I can only guess that is aimed at me, but that is the most ridiculous statement ever.

As if you count?

Offline soleil

« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2010, 08:53:38 PM »
As if you count?

I love how you claim to be all Christian. lol.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2010, 08:55:45 PM »

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2010, 09:09:49 PM »
Of course, since God did not let the Little Goon Leftists intimidate Him, the Little Goons Leftists decided to be dishonest (OH MY!) and create their own false reality for the masses to consume.  AIDS was a plague we were all going to suffer.  Just because.

Unfortunately, normal people knew they had little or no chance of catching the Homosexual Disease, so there was no panic or uprising.  Normal people knew the truth about AIDS.

It was the real god of the Leftists, Fidel Castro, who handled the AIDS thing as it should have been.  He put the AIDS infected homosexuals in an asylum to die.  He got those dirty folks away from the general population.  As a result, AIDS was almost wiped out in Cuba.

The politics of AIDS was 1000 times more important to the Little Goons than saving even one life could ever be.  Ideology above all else.  Little Goon Leftists really are Satan's Soldiers.  They do his bidding even if it means they themselves are going to die.   

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2010, 09:13:50 PM »
I have had two members of my very small family die from HIV.  One was due to lifestyle, and the other was not.  Both were just so sad.  I witnessed my Grandparents bury a son, and my Aunt bury another.  Regardless of all of the other crap that has been spewed on this thread, I can say this.  Dying from HIV complications is a horrid way to die, whether you are 50, or 10.  And being the one, who survives, after keeping all the pieces together for the past family members and the current still living ones, sucks as well.  

I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  I could give a F-all about any politics of the disease from either side of this spectrum.  The disease sucks.  People die.  And that sucks too.  

R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2010, 09:23:17 PM »
I have had two members of my very small family die from HIV.  One was due to lifestyle, and the other was not.  Both were just so sad.  I witnessed my Grandparents bury a son, and my Aunt bury another.  Regardless of all of the other crap that has been spewed on this thread, I can say this.  Dying from HIV complications is a horrid way to die, whether you are 50, or 10.  And being the one, who survives, after keeping all the pieces together for the past family members and the current still living ones, sucks as well.  

I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  I could give a F-all about any politics of the disease from either side of this spectrum.  The disease sucks.  People die.  And that sucks too.  

I had a friend and coworker die from AIDS in 1990 after surgery.  She was a wonderful woman.  Through no fault of her own.  It was someone else's lifestyle that killed her.  I remain very bitter about it.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2010, 09:30:47 PM »
I had a friend and coworker die from AIDS in 1990 after surgery.  She was a wonderful woman.  Through no fault of her own.  It was someone else's lifestyle that killed her.  I remain very bitter about it.

I lack the bitter gene.  I have been told I would be easier to accept if I could just get bitter and pissy about something, but truly, as long as you don't cut me off in traffic, or drink my last beer or cup of coffee, I am pretty mellow about most stuff. 

I guess having been personally witness for so many deaths....AIDS, Cancer, Suicide, and so forth and so on, I just grieve for the loss.  The cause isn't as important as it's effect.  And I don't wish any of it on anyone. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline soleil

« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2010, 09:34:58 PM »
I lack the bitter gene.  I have been told I would be easier to accept if I could just get bitter and pissy about something, but truly, as long as you don't cut me off in traffic, or drink my last beer or cup of coffee, I am pretty mellow about most stuff.  

I guess having been personally witness for so many deaths....AIDS, Cancer, Suicide, and so forth and so on, I just grieve for the loss.  The cause isn't as important as it's effect.  And I don't wish any of it on anyone.  

That is the truth. Caring about people and suffering is what is all about, at least to me. GOOD people die of AIDS, cancer, everything. You can blame whoever, but I do know this as a Christian, that God wants me to care about people. All people. The people He put on this earth that DO count.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2010, 09:50:20 PM »
I lack the bitter gene.  I have been told I would be easier to accept if I could just get bitter and pissy about something, but truly, as long as you don't cut me off in traffic, or drink my last beer or cup of coffee, I am pretty mellow about most stuff. 

I guess having been personally witness for so many deaths....AIDS, Cancer, Suicide, and so forth and so on, I just grieve for the loss.  The cause isn't as important as it's effect.  And I don't wish any of it on anyone. 

I got shorted the Hate Gene, so I'm allowed to be bitter.  I know it was a long time ago and the (political) science of AIDS was barely off the ground then, but still, her death, like all AIDS deaths, can be traced back to selfish uncaring homosexual behavior.  When you take it all to it's logical beginnings, it is enough to make the kindest of souls like me a little bitter.

Offline soleil

« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2010, 10:08:09 PM »
I got shorted the Hate Gene, so I'm allowed to be bitter.  I know it was a long time ago and the (political) science of AIDS was barely off the ground then, but still, her death, like all AIDS deaths, can be traced back to selfish uncaring homosexual behavior.  When you take it all to it's logical beginnings, it is enough to make the kindest of souls like me a little bitter.

How did your friend get AIDS? A transfusion?

Offline Duchess

« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2010, 10:34:07 PM »
I love how you claim to be all Christian. lol.

I have a more legitimate claim to the label of "Christian" as a follower of the recorded precepts of my Saviour Jesus Christ, than does someone who disregards those of His words which don't fit their agenda. To be a "Christian" is to be a follower of Christ-just what is one claiming to follow when they dismiss His words, instructions, and precepts? He Himself said that He didn't come to destroy the Law but to fulfill it (Matthew 5:17). Of all the kinds of "hatred" a human can have, surely the ultimate hatred is that which for their own personal comfort and convenience allows them to never speak the truth to someone which might open their eyes to eternal consequences.  Did you know that Jesus Himself preached on hell and eternal consequences more than any other topic?  How is it love, real love, to be unwilling to risk the ridicule and abuse of those who don't want their comfort zone breached, in order to try to turn them from the path to eternal perdition? Godly love isn't the kind that makes me feel all good and warm and fuzzy about myself, and gives me a smugness about my "tolerance", it's the love that propels me to speak the truth, the truth as Jesus defined it, to try to turn a sinner, in love, from the path to an eternity of punishment. Think about it-eternity is a long long time. There's no recourse once life is gone. How can any warm fuzzy "feeling" and reluctance to leave my own comfort zone, matter more than trying to turn a person's feet from that path? How can a Christian, holding these beliefs, do otherwise?

And don't misunderstand-no Christian would ever try to force this belief on anyone, because Christian salvation doesn't work that way. That doesn't mean we don't have a right to have a voice in the kind of society we want our children to live in-one of strength and decency, or one of weakness and decadence.

Offline soleil

« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2010, 10:53:38 PM »
I have a more legitimate claim to the label of "Christian" as a follower of the recorded precepts of my Saviour Jesus Christ, than does someone who disregards those of His words which don't fit their agenda. To be a "Christian" is to be a follower of Christ-just what is one claiming to follow when they dismiss His words, instructions, and precepts? He Himself said that He didn't come to destroy the Law but to fulfill it (Matthew 5:17). Of all the kinds of "hatred" a human can have, surely the ultimate hatred is that which for their own personal comfort and convenience allows them to never speak the truth to someone which might open their eyes to eternal consequences.  Did you know that Jesus Himself preached on hell and eternal consequences more than any other topic?  How is it love, real love, to be unwilling to risk the ridicule and abuse of those who don't want their comfort zone breached, in order to try to turn them from the path to eternal perdition? Godly love isn't the kind that makes me feel all good and warm and fuzzy about myself, and gives me a smugness about my "tolerance", it's the love that propels me to speak the truth, the truth as Jesus defined it, to try to turn a sinner, in love, from the path to an eternity of punishment. Think about it-eternity is a long long time. There's no recourse once life is gone. How can any warm fuzzy "feeling" and reluctance to leave my own comfort zone, matter more than trying to turn a person's feet from that path? How can a Christian, holding these beliefs, do otherwise?

And don't misunderstand-no Christian would ever try to force this belief on anyone, because Christian salvation doesn't work that way. That doesn't mean we don't have a right to have a voice in the kind of society we want our children to live in-one of strength and decency, or one of weakness and decadence.

I know the teachings of Christ. I am a Christian. Jesus was a man of love. A man of forgiveness. A man who loved his worst enemies.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #173 on: May 18, 2010, 06:49:01 AM »
Let us remember Ryan White and what the corn hole lovers did to him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_White

Ryan Wayne White (December 6, 1971 – April 8, 1990)[1] was an American teenager from Kokomo, Indiana who became a national poster child for HIV/AIDS in the United States, after being expelled from middle school because of his infection. A hemophiliac, he became infected with HIV from a contaminated blood treatment and, when diagnosed in December 1984, was given six months to live. Doctors said he posed no risk to other students, but AIDS was poorly understood at the time, and when White tried to return to school, many parents and teachers in Kokomo rallied against his attendance.[2] A lengthy legal battle with the school system ensued, and media coverage of the case made White into a national celebrity and spokesman for AIDS research and public education. He appeared frequently in the media with celebrities such as Elton John, Michael Jackson and Phil Donahue. Surprising his doctors, White lived five years longer than predicted and died in April 1990, one month prior to his high school graduation.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2010, 07:27:00 AM »
Typical Little Goon.  Even Our Lord Jesus Christ must be molded to fit her view of Him!

Jesus spoke of hell and damnation (especially for those who worship liberalism).  Jesus was hardly all sweetness & lollipops.

oh, and BTW, Jesus had a temper.