Author Topic: Survived the first half of spring craziness...  (Read 424 times)

Offline Flame

Survived the first half of spring craziness...
« on: May 11, 2010, 11:20:29 AM »
which was SERBA, and which was extra crazy this year.  Normally we have a great time, with great instructors, good commaraderie, etc.  Not so much this time.

Was invited by another dance mom to leave a day early with 2 other moms and a total of 8 girls to go to WIlliamsburg to Great Wolf lodge for a b-day party for her daughter.  Little did I know this mom was an alcholic/psychotic/addicted to pain meds psycho.   Sufice it to say that whole day, and the next was a complete nightmare.

Then DURING the dance festival, this woman just totally lost it.  Seems like we spent most of the time making sure she wasn't doing something to harm her daughter or anyone else.  Cops were there at least 4 times.  She was kicked out of the hotel by the hotel staff.  Accused her ex of rape (who came on our request to help "handle" her for her daughter's sake...he stayed at a different hotel).  Picked up some guy from somewhere, and spent the night in the parking garage drinking and "dancing" to her car radio.    Seriously a messed up individual.

But aside from that, and less than stellar instructors this year, the girls did well.  Their performance rocked.

Now all I have to deal with is baseball for the next 4 weeks, and the spring recital!

Hope everyone has been well!

Offline debk

Re: Survived the first half of spring craziness...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 11:30:01 AM »
Great to "see" you Flame....

That poor girl. Makes my heart hurt for her.  :(
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.