Author Topic: Pelosi challenger promises Bush impeachment  (Read 1666 times)

Offline ScubaGuy

Pelosi challenger promises Bush impeachment
« on: March 18, 2008, 07:37:42 AM »

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3025636

MartyL  (91 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Mar-17-08 10:29 PM
Original message
Pelosi challenger promises Bush impeachment

Advertisements [?]
It's not well known, but House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has an additional anti-war primary challenger for her congressional seat in California's 8th District.

She's Shirley Golub, 61, who has worked on Dennis Kucinich's presidential campaigns this year and in 2004. The most prominent plank in her platform: impeachment of President Bush.

"It is outrageous and unacceptable that any member of Congress, let alone our majority speaker, should unilaterally declare that impeachment is 'off the table,' and so defy the Constitution herself," Golub said in a flier circulated to activists at the Take Back America conference...

Golub has planned protests outside of Pelosi's San Francisco office each Thursday. Whether or not the publicity and exposure these protests give her enough momentum to serve as a giant toppler will be shown after the June 3 primary.

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/fishwrap/2008/03/pelo...

Do they realize that Bush will be on his way home next year?   :lmao:

Richardo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Mar-17-08 11:15 PM
Response to Original message
1. Impeachment in 20 days?

Good luck with all THAT.

Senator  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Mar-18-08 07:42 AM
Response to Reply #1
8. Shouldn't take near that long

There is nothing to "investigate" or discuss. The regime claims monarchical "unitary" power. They defend it as lawful and constitutional. This goes for the "right" to torture and spy without a warrant. These are long-settled issues.

All that is left is for an up or down vote on it. One day in the House. One in the Senate.

Besides, the "result" is virtually irrelevant. It is the effort itself that sends the message that this is not acceptable, not American. Regardless of whether it ends in resignations, stalemate, or removal, the message will go out to the world, to our children, and to history that objection was made and Our National Soul is still redeemable.

Without impeachment, we remain morally adrift.

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Pelosi challenger promises Bush impeachment
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 07:39:24 AM »
Uh, what happens if this candidate beats Bela Pelosi in the Democrat primary, and wins the general election?

What happens if we regain the House or the Senate, or both?

What then?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 07:44:53 AM »
I was reading this Gathering of the Mindless last night.  It took way too many posts until one of the DUmmies pointed out the "candidate" was not going to assume the title Speaker of the House just because she wins an election to oust Nancy Pelosi.

Like I've said before, about 90% of the DUmmies think Pelosi holds a national office.  50% think Pelosi will be on their hometown ballot.

DU'ers'  ignorance is fascinating. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 07:47:38 AM »

Isn't it, though?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 08:55:30 AM »
The DUmmies must look at reality through some sort of weird, funhouse mirror.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 09:11:45 AM »
what are they going to crow about once the current administration leaves office ?

The simple fact is, impeachment will be seen as a partisan waste of time, especially since there is no actual impeachable offense. Pelosi has been smart enough to see that from the beginning. Frankly, you DUmmies should be glad she has taken the path she has, else most of your elected would be in peril the next time their seats come up. But hey, If you want to make a last ditch Chimpeachment push, say, a week before the election, Id be okay with that....

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 09:15:30 AM »
This new challenger is taking away the spotlight from the Ditch Witch running against House Speaker Facelift.  This could be trouble.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 09:19:44 AM »
I was reading this Gathering of the Mindless last night.  It took way too many posts until one of the DUmmies pointed out the "candidate" was not going to assume the title Speaker of the House just because she wins an election to oust Nancy Pelosi.

Like I've said before, about 90% of the DUmmies think Pelosi holds a national office.  50% think Pelosi will be on their hometown ballot.

Made all the more humorous by how loudly they proclaim their superior level of intellect.

Sort of like the old RoadRunner cartoons with Wile E.Coyote. :lmao:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 10:15:43 AM »
Why can't the liberals just wait until he's OUT OF OFFICE?  We've got less than a year to go.   
And even then, they still want to arrest him for SOMETHING, even though they can NEVER provide a specific law or statute that he actually broke!  :mental:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 10:30:46 AM »
This new challenger is taking away the spotlight from the Ditch Witch running against House Speaker Facelift.  This could be trouble.

I don't know.  That Cindy Sheehan woman is about the most ignored person in politics.  I have not seen or heard her name mentioned in months. 

It can be assumed, and it seems to have been, that the Sheehan run for congress is about as serious and impacting as her "hunger strike" to end the military operations in Iraq.     

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 10:33:50 AM »
OMG that has got to be the stupidest campaign promise I have ever heard. Even if she wins  * will be retired by the time she is in office.  :rotf:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 10:40:35 AM »
OMG that has got to be the stupidest campaign promise I have ever heard. Even if she wins  * will be retired by the time she is in office.  :rotf:

I know it, and I think WE should have some fun with this one  :evillaugh: We eeevvviiiillll Rethugs should GOAD them on and encourage this.

I really don't know who they are going to have to be their scapegoat once * and Co. are gone.

They sure as heck hated it anytime Clinton was brought up post 2000 and whined that HE was gone (so in other words, all that he had done and left for George Bush to clean up was off the table for discussion). Let's see if they are consistent and will exhibit their own standards when the time comes.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 10:43:35 AM »

But...but...but she is HOPE.  There is always HOPE that a republican President, out of office and retired, will be brought up on impeachment charges.  That HOPE must remain.  If President Bush is not disgraced, that means President Clinton, impeached ten years ago, is still the one and only scumbag.  

We must have HOPE the next congress will shoot themselves in the head, drowned all their kittens, and assure themselves collective political exile, by deciding an after-office impeachment of President Bush - in order to make a small tiny group of extraordinarily anti-American idiots happy and fullfilled - is what is important.