Author Topic: Ariz. Governor Signs Bill Revising Immigration Law  (Read 818 times)

Offline thundley4

Ariz. Governor Signs Bill Revising Immigration Law
« on: April 30, 2010, 10:42:09 PM »
Gov. Jan Brewer on Friday signed a follow-on bill approved by Arizona legislators that make revisions to the state's sweeping law against illegal immigration — changes she says should quell concerns that the measure will lead to racial profiling.

The law requires local and state law enforcement to question people about their immigration status if there's reason to suspect they're in the country illegally, and makes it a state crime to be in the United States illegally.

The follow-on bill signed by Brewer makes a number of changes that she said should lay to rest concerns of opponents.

"These new statements make it crystal clear and undeniable that racial profiling is illegal, and will not be tolerated in Arizona," she said in a statement.
NPR

This still won't shut up the leftists.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Ariz. Governor Signs Bill Revising Immigration Law
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 10:50:47 PM »
NPR

This still won't shut up the leftists.

Of course not

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 11:29:24 PM »
it wont - but thats because of circumstance - better than 90% of the illegal population in the USA comes from south of the border - so it stands to reason that better than 90% of those affected will be from south of the border, which makes this law racist, according to the left.

This is like saying that nearly all people who need to go on a diet are fat, therefore diets unfairly target the overweight.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 12:01:58 AM »
I was pulled over in Arizona one time when I lived there.  The officer asked for my license, registration, and proof of insurance. 

That was racist.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 12:08:21 AM »
I was pulled over in Arizona one time when I lived there.  The officer asked for my license, registration, and proof of insurance. 

That was racist.
And very Nazi as asking for identification now is Nazi as well as being racist.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey