Author Topic: My email response to Senator Gillibrand  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
My email response to Senator Gillibrand
« on: April 15, 2010, 07:28:47 PM »
From this email from her...

Too many New York families are out of work and businesses are struggling. Senator Gillibrand is working in a bipartisan way to rebuild New York's economy.

Here's the latest:
News You Need To Know

Send Back Your 2010 Census Form TODAY. Make Sure You and Your Family are Counted
It’s easy and takes just a few minutes. The Census is critical for getting our fair share in federal funding to support local schools, hospitals and law enforcement. Our state missed out on $3.6 billion in federal funding because New York was severely undercounted in 2000. Make sure to return your Census form to help secure critical federal funding for our communities. Read more.
Senator Gillibrand encouraging all New Yorkers to participate in Census 2010

Help for Small Businesses: Real Engines for Prosperity and Growth
Senator Gillibrand is committed to partnering with New York’s small businesses to get federal grants to help them prosper and grow during this difficult economic time. Click here to find ways to get the federal funding you need.

Senator Gillibrand hears from constituents and small business owners in Corning

The Gillibrand Jobs Report

Cutting Taxes to Put New Yorkers Back to Work
It's time to focus on New Yorkers who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own. Senator Gillibrand helped pass legislation to cut Social Security payroll taxes for businesses when they hire a worker who has been unemployed for more than 60 days, and another $1,000 tax credit when businesses keep new hires for more than one year.

Supporting Families Hit Hardest by the Bad Economy
Senator Gillibrand broke through the partisan politics in Washington to extend benefits for New Yorkers who have lost their jobs. More than half a million New Yorkers rely on those benefits to help them stay afloat and recover. Click here for more information.

The Gillibrand Agenda

Bringing Fresh Food to Underserved Communities
Approximately 4 million New Yorkers live in areas known as "food desert" areas that have little to no access to fresh, nutritious foods. In partnership with First Lady Michelle Obama, Senator Gillibrand introduced new legislation to build new grocery stores, deliver fresh food to underserved areas, and create thousands of good-paying jobs in New York. Read more.
Senator Gillibrand joins NYC leaders to unveil the Fresh Food Financing Initiative

Making College Affordable for All New York Students
With student debt at an all-time high and students everywhere facing rising tuition and fees, Senator Gillibrand helped pass legislation to increase the amount of Pell Grants for nearly 70,000 eligible New York students, and open the doors of higher education to more students.Read More.

Helping Haiti Rebuild
Senator Gillibrand recently returned from a Congressional Delegation trip to Haiti, where she visited an orphanage in Port-Au-Prince to see firsthand the devastation that young children in Haiti are living in, and develop new legislation to help Haiti rebuild. Click here for photos from Senator Gillibrand's visit to Haiti.
Senator Gillibrand visits Port-Au-Prince orphanage

Thanks to the health care disaster you and your ilk crammed down our throats I may very well lose my insurance coverage through work due to premium increases needed to keep the reserve pool filled enough to pay the additional claims that will be filed.

You have legislated a system that says 2+2=6 and it isn`t going to happen that way.

Nothing has been done to take the crushing burden of liability off from medical suppliers,providers or facilities.

You have created a system where it is cheaper to forgo coverage until needed and then cannot be refused.

That doesn`t work in even the simplest of economic minds which it appears are above all democrats in Congress.

The result is that honest and productive taxpayers like myself will be screwed,but hell if you care about that so long as enough are forced into government dependency casting a vote to keep it going.

Open your eyes and look at the real result of what you have done to the backbone of America and God willing we will send you back to the Utopian dreamland that you come from.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: My email response to Senator Gillibrand
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 07:33:52 PM »
Damn, you're awesome, Carl, sir.

Remarkable.

Great response; outstanding response.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 07:37:27 AM »
 :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Ya know how it would see more effect?  Write it, longhand, and mail it to her office.

Great job, neighbor! :hi5:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 11:09:47 AM »
She is also responsible for the idiocy about the subsidized grocery stores. People can't go more than a mile for their groceries? Please.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 11:41:27 AM »
Very insightful letter on your part :hi5:
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.