Author Topic: Whiterose has been effectively shut down today thanks to what's left of Air Amer  (Read 1430 times)

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Whiterose has been effectively shut down today thanks to what's left of Air America Radio - oh sorry Air America Media.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Randi Rhodes Show and Thom Hartmann Program

Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:11:31 -0600

To: webmaster@WhiteRoseSociety.org

Cc: "Scott Elberg" (selberg@airamerica.com)

Dear Ben Burch and/or other White Rose Management-

Please view this email as a formal request on behalf of Air America Media LLC (AAM) for you to immediately cease all storage, reproduction, public performance or any other use of AAM's programming, or any portion thereof and immediately destroy any reproductions that you have created or stored, and cease listing AAM's programming on your website (www.whiterosesociety.org ) or claiming that AAR or its agents has in any way consented to your use. This applies to but is not limited to any broadcasts of The Thom Hartmann Program and the Randi Rhodes Show.

We are open to discussing how to best ensure an orderly transition for you, your site visitors and listeners of our shows but need to do so ASAP.

Please contact me today to discuss at 212.871.8191.

Sincerely, Locke Raper Vice President - Business Development Air America Media LLC 641 Sixth Avenue, Fourth Floor New York, NY 10011 o: 212.871.8191 lraper@airamerica.com www.airamerica.com
ttp://whiterosesociety.org/raper.html

Well this is JUST BULLSHIT BEN!!!

If you have EVER downloaded a progressive radio program from The Whiterose Society, you better be clicking here to fight this with me.

http://whiterosesociety.org/Donate.html

We can't fight that pigshit that is left of Air America but we can support what you have done for us since 2002.

THANK YOU BEN BURCH!!!

I had many a dark night in the last 6 years that I downloaded hope from your website.

http://whiterosesociety.org/Donate.html

All together now: AAAAAWWWWWWWwwwwwwww
 :rotf:

http://www.democraticwarrior.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54475
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
It's going to be difficult picking a side on this one.  I want them both to go down in flames.

Someone should send that DW link to Mr. Raper.   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Re: Whiterose has been effectively shut down today thanks to what's left of Air America Radio - oh sorry Air America Media.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I just mass-cancelled all the subscriptions that were for The Thom Hartmann Show. 186 of them, averaging $4/month.

I hope I can find a revenue stream to make up for it.

-Ben

Ouch! That's a lotta pot, Cheetos and K-Y Jelly money gone for The Fister.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
DW has grown into a nice assortment of freaks.  I'll have to check it out and see what there is to see sometime.
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Oh my.

Poor Fat Che.

Fat Che has to slenderize now.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Someone spelled out the truth.

Quote from:
RoseVann

Progressives have wanted their own talk radio format to offset the Limbaugh's, etc... for years now. But they went at it completely different than how he became successful. He started in a small market, grew the show, and after several years someone decided it would go well nationwide and rolled the dice. Ta-Da!! Success.

It's hardly any different than taking a small town retailer who grew his business in town, and finally saw potential in the next town over to do the same thing, and it does well so he opens another store in the next town, until one day he's got 100 stores in 20 States. Compare that to someone who's suddenly given the money to open 100 stores in 20 States all at once. The first scenerio has a better history of happening, The second example, not so much, not without either having a unique product that everyone just has to have or without continuing to pump capital into the business to keep in going.

Besides that, Limbaugh attributes his success to being able to provide a different viewpoint than what people get from the "liberal media." Apparently, there's a minimum of 20-25+ million people who (at least on some level) agree enough to tune in on a regular basis for the last 20 years. I don't know what audience numbers AAR claimed to be it's highest point of listenership, but was it even anywhere close?

But then, true to form, the truth must be coved up with a lie.

Quote from:
ScottLee

That makes a nice story, but that's not how Limpballs got successful.

He appeals to a large, staunch group of mostly white males who are fervent in their hatred for liberals and he sings to them like a Caruso. His audience was already there, they were simply waiting for vitriolic, hateful blowhard like him to speak to their prejudices.

Well bitch, that's not the way it worked out.  Normal Americans, something a faggot freak like you would know nothing about, got tired of the lib crap from the MSM and Rush swooped in and nabbed the market.  This RoseVann lib got it right (sometimes a lib stumbles onto the truth) but it doesn't fit what you want to believe, so you've got to invent stories in your f*cked-up little head.  Too late, regular people already know that you're lying.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
ScottLee

Mmm, no, that mischaracterizes the reality of his "rise". He did not do it by fighting and clawing his way up the pole. His audience of hateful angry little ****s was already out there. He had but to bend over and pick up the crumpled dollar, as it were.

I've worked in a radio, and can tell you what some successful syndicated artists told me....you can succeed by fighting your way to the top (rare) or you can pluck the fruit of the low hanging bush. That's what Limpballs did.

Quote from:
Fister

What Rush was able to do was lose money for over a decade.

He gave away the program to any station who would take it in return for air time to sell ads in.

Gradually selling patent medicine and car insurance made enough money to turn a profit, and eventually the ratings were good enough to be able to actually charge money for the show.

But you have to be able to build that audience over many years by losing money.

And our Limousine Liberals will not lose money on anything willingly.

Richard Mellon-Scaife was more interested in getting the message out than money, as he knew the money would come some day.

:rotf:

A slap-down by fister on the ScottLee idiot.  The dimwit was trying to claim that the audience for Rush was just there and all he had to do was walk into it.  Fister correctly points out that sometimes you lose money short-term for gains in the long-term, something no doubt this ScottLee dumba** had never even considered.  Hate to be the one to point it out to you dimwit Scott, but if the audience was just there and all Rush had to do was walk into it, that's called a sure thing and you don't lose money even short-term with that kind of a deal.

However, this still backs up the point made by the lib chick that AAR just tried to create a market instead of cultivating it over time like Rush did.  It doesn't matter how many times they try, the market for lib radio isn't there.  It's nothing you can't already get from ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, The NY Times, etc...

But the WRS website is not long for this world, it's just a matter of time.  Fister needs to get a new hobby.

Offline Airwolf

I'm sure he;ll find something else to steal........I mean borrow to put on his worthless servers. Something like art drawn by UGP.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline jinxmchue

It's going to be difficult picking a side on this one.  I want them both to go down in flames.

Then pick the side that is against Dead Air America.  If DAA goes down, Fat Che's White Rose does down with it because nobody gives a damn about listening to past broadcasts of defunct network.