Author Topic: DUmmies crying in celebration of the Health Care monstrosity  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
DUmmies crying in celebration of the Health Care monstrosity
« on: March 23, 2010, 09:36:02 AM »
I won't have time to pay attention over there today.  I would assume that there will be multitudes of DUmmies posting threads about crying tears of joy at the signing of this bill.

Could someone please keep an eye out and post such silliness in this thread?

Thanks in advance!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
Re: DUmmies crying in celebration of the Health Care monstrosity
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 09:57:27 AM »
Just wait until they have to write the check for the fine the IRS levies when they find out that the DUmmies spent their insurance money on weed. The DUmmies are happy because it was a "win" for Dims. They won't like it as much when they're either paying higher insurance premiums or get pushed into Medicaid, which fewer doctors will accept. We're all going to get screwed in this deal, DUmmies included.....they just don't know it yet.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 10:02:05 AM »
I sent out my 5% rent increase letters yesterday to pay for the new medicare tax on unearned income.  I imagine the young renters will be quite distraught at this since someone else was supposed to pay for this explosion of government.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 10:10:42 AM »
I think LibinMo gets it, or at least is starting to. 

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7993893

LibinMo (335 posts)      Tue Mar-23-10 09:55 AM
Response to Reply #2
5. I have Medicare Advantage & love it
 We ran a small business before my husband's retirement in 2001. Even then the insurance premiums for our
12 employees were eating us alive. Eventually we had to close down. I had to go without health insurance for
2 years after that. It was the scariest time of my life. My husband, a cancer survivor, was on medicare by
then and it was a godsend.

My medicare advantage program charges no additional premium beyond the regular medicare premium. It includes prescription drug coverage & also a free YMCA membership. To replace these two things alone will cost at least another $60 month.

If I change to Regular Medicare + a Medicare Supplement plan (almost a necessity) that will be extra $100 month, minimum, plus
the premium for a prescription drug plan.

The way I understand it, my Medicare Advantage plan will stay the same through 2010. After that I will have some
decisions to make. Husband has MA too so we will get hit with a double whammy.

So it will hurt us financially. But you know, I don't care if it means that EVERYBODY in America can afford
health insurance.
And can no longer lose their insurance over a serous illness. 

:mental:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 10:29:52 AM »
So it will hurt us financially. But you know, I don't care if it means that EVERYBODY in America can afford
health insurance. And can no longer lose their insurance over a serous illness. 

That would be great , if it were true. There will still be 20M without insurance.  Then there are those that have to face the same increases as libinmo , but don't have the extra cash. They'll face the choice of paying those higher rates or having enough to eat, or keep their power on.

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 10:47:44 AM »
Jukin, wait till all the DUmmies get their letters.  I am assuming that you were quite clear in your explanation to the tenants where it was coming from.  That's a stupid question. 

Let us know the reaction you get.  I have yet to send mine. 

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 11:19:18 AM »
I hope so. These went out today.

Dear tenant,

As you are aware the democrats in congress have passed nationalized health care. President Obama has signed the legislation and it is now law. What you are probably not aware of is that the first four years in this bill will increase taxes immediately but not provide health care and insurance until 2014. There are literally thousands of new taxes. One of these is a 4% Medicare tax on rental incomes.

I have always strived to provide reasonable rents in an expensive rental market and have not raised your rent in over three years. As such I work on very small margins and this new tax will have to be passed on. For the house/apartment that you currently occupy this is $80.00/month.

As per your rental agreement the terms are changing on March 23rd, 2010.  As of May 1st your new rent will be $YYYY.YY +  $80.00.

I am saddened to have to raise rents in these very difficult times but I cannot absorb this tax and keep the property well maintained and safe.

Regards,

Jukin
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 11:31:22 AM »

Dear tenant,

As you are aware the democrats in congress have passed nationalized health care. President Obama has signed the legislation and it is now law. What you are probably not aware of is that the first four years in this bill will increase taxes immediately but not provide health care and insurance until 2014. There are literally thousands of new taxes. One of these is a 4% Medicare tax on rental incomes.

I have always strived to provide reasonable rents in an expensive rental market and have not raised your rent in over three years. As such I work on very small margins and this new tax will have to be passed on. For the house/apartment that you currently occupy this is $80.00/month.

As per your rental agreement the terms are changing on March 23rd, 2010.  As of May 1st your new rent will be $YYYY.YY +  $80.00.

I am saddened to have to raise rents in these very difficult times but I cannot absorb this tax and keep the property well maintained and safe.

Regards,

Jukin

Jukin -- this is a fantastic letter!  :bow:  Please let us know what responses you get back.
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline kenth

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 11:31:31 AM »

Dear tenant,

Regards,

Jukin

Dang. There goes the pony money.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 11:40:16 AM »
Dang. There goes the pot and cheetos money.

FIFY

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 11:59:42 AM »

Dear tenant,

Regards,

Jukin

Mine are going out today to my tenants, who are largely single mothers, and likely Obama voters.......my letter is similiar, however, after conversations with my plumber, HVAC contractor, and other suppliers, I was told that their rates for my maintenance requirements will be increasing as well......

My tenants will receive a 10% rent hike, and the letter advises them to expect additional incremental increases if increased expenses exceed projections.

My closing paragraph:

"This unfortunate event is beyond our control, and ironically, unexpected, due to the fact that the newly elected politicians in Washington, DC universally promised that there would be no new taxes on middle class Americans.  Tenants would be wise to consider these events during the  elections upcoming in November".

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 12:11:42 PM »
ummmm...do you guys mind if I pull a Biden and plagiarize?   :uhsure:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 12:20:36 PM »
ummmm...do you guys mind if I pull a Biden and plagiarize?   :uhsure:

No problem from me.....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 12:32:08 PM »
You can expect the jug-eared muslim to introduce the Emergency Rent Stabilization Act any day now.

Offline jukin

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 12:47:46 PM »
Mine are going out today to my tenants, who are largely single mothers, and likely Obama voters.......my letter is similiar, however, after conversations with my plumber, HVAC contractor, and other suppliers, I was told that their rates for my maintenance requirements will be increasing as well......

My tenants will receive a 10% rent hike, and the letter advises them to expect additional incremental increases if increased expenses exceed projections.

My closing paragraph:

"This unfortunate event is beyond our control, and ironically, unexpected, due to the fact that the newly elected politicians in Washington, DC universally promised that there would be no new taxes on middle class Americans.  Tenants would be wise to consider these events during the  elections upcoming in November".

doc

SHIT!!! SHIT!!! SHIT!!! SHIT!!! I had not thought of the associated costs of my contractors. Thanks.  Just ran to the mailbox and retrieved the envelopes. I like your closing paragraph but might be a bit much for my market.

To all, please feel to use any or all of mine.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 01:04:47 PM »
Those are great letters.  I am a renter and fully expect to get one of these from my elderly landlords.  They haven't raised my rent one dime in the four years I've lived here, so I've been lucky. As an aside, they've had to evict two commercial renters in the last year for nonpayment.  Still, they haven't raised my rent to absorb any of their losses. I've always thought that it's a win for both of us - no higher rates for me in exchange for not being a loud DePaul student partying 24/7 and treating their property like a frat house :).

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 01:48:13 PM »
SHIT!!! SHIT!!! SHIT!!! SHIT!!! I had not thought of the associated costs of my contractors. Thanks.  Just ran to the mailbox and retrieved the envelopes. I like your closing paragraph but might be a bit much for my market.

To all, please feel to use any or all of mine.

Glad that you caught them in time.......my HVAC guy said his rates are going up 20% on an hourly basis because of the "mandates", and he will likely have to lay off at least one crew (two jobs).  My roofer largely uses "day labor", and told me that the "fines" which he has no choice but to pay, will increase the average roofing job by at least 10%......and he ain't eating it........

The only thing that we don't have a handle on yet is what will happen to our liability and structure insurance policies, which I'm sure will be effected downstream......

Any labor operation that we property owners utilize will be effected, so drag out your general ledger, and look at all of the expenses for last year, as most will likely change......

Eat it DUmmies........"elections have consequences".........."Hope and Change" right back at you........this time "I" get to keep the "change".

doc

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 02:04:24 PM »
I would assume that there will be multitudes of DUmmies posting threads about crying tears of joy at the signing of this bill.

They cried when the USSR fell apart, but for different reasons than those who love freedom and liberty did.  This is along the same line.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 02:05:25 PM »
Judging from the number of "guests" that have been lurking in this thread........I wonder how long it will be before someone at the DUmp starts a thread about "The evil Rethugs are using this wonderful health care law as an excuse to screw us with rent increases........and take away our pot and Cheeto money"

doc

Offline Karin

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 03:17:49 PM »
That's an interesting question, TVDOC.  I'd asked Jukin to give us his tenants' reactions.  I'd be interested in hearing the DUmmies' wails, too. 

As for GOBUCKS,    :hammer:   Although, none of these congresscreeps reads their mail, and zero doesn't either, so they won't hear their screams of pain. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 06:09:21 PM »
As for GOBUCKS,    :hammer:   Although, none of these congresscreeps reads their mail, and zero doesn't either, so they won't hear their screams of pain. 
Hey, don't blame me. Remember, your black muslim president is a community organizer. He's sure to draw on the history of rent control in NYC with federal enforcement. He's also a Stalinist who views the landlord class as kulaks.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 07:18:16 PM »
My dad's in a similar boat, both with renters and 3 fast-food franchises. He told me Sunday, "well, I can't afford to buy all my employees health insurance policies, so I'll just have to pay the penalty.....but I sure as hell ain't eatin' it. They can all take an 8% pay cut, or 8% of them can lose their jobs, I don't give a shit." Three sandwich shops may sound like he's a rich guy, but his wife ends up bouncing from store to store making sandwiches and working the register. After that, she has to do all the managerial stuff like payroll and ordering supplies. All three restaurants combined still probaby make less than I do as a beat cop.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 07:44:48 PM by Tantal »
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 07:44:24 PM »
Hey, don't blame me. Remember, your black muslim president is a community organizer. He's sure to draw on the history of rent control in NYC with federal enforcement. He's also a Stalinist who views the landlord class as kulaks.

And he also doesn't understand supply and demand.  When you put a price ceiling on something you create a shortage.  With the HC monstrosity now law and ceilings placed on prices for care, there will be a shortage that will grow larger as the ceiling comes down.  At that point, a non-price rationing device will be used.  Any bets on if it will be party affiliation?