Author Topic: I got fired yesterday-- 8 track (who?)  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
I got fired yesterday-- 8 track (who?)
« on: March 05, 2010, 04:48:49 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x9282217

8 track mind  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-05-10 05:38 PM
Original message
Got fired yesterday.

Asshole manager got his wish. He's been gunning for me for years. 10 years of service down the tubes. ****in jerk.

:lmao: How's that vote for change workin out for ya?

Brand new, squeaking clean campfire.

Fire Walk With Me  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-05-10 05:42 PM
Response to Original message
1. Problems are coming to a head these days.   Updated at 5:42 PM

Yesterday, I was forced to move into a different house in the "program" I'm part of, in spite of my blood pressure being at 182 (before the forced move). It's just a start for my month. Hopefully yours will fare better.

Only reply so far so he got quoted by default.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: I got fired yesterday-- 8 track (who?)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 04:50:07 PM »
The responder is part of a "program". I say a mental health program as a patient.

Offline kenth

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 04:52:44 PM »
The responder is part of a "program". I say a mental health program as a patient.

We taking bets?  :-)

I'll say criminal, possibly "abuser" related.

Second thing to bet on is the type of job the 8ball lost. What kind of job takes 10 years to get fired from when the manager wants you gone?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 04:52:55 PM »

Could be a half way house for ex cons.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 04:53:35 PM »

What's with that? Sounds like a blood sucking parasite wanting free drugs.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 04:55:03 PM »
What's with that? Sounds like a blood sucking parasite wanting free drugs.

That describes every single DUmmie on the island.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 05:03:26 PM »
Second thing to bet on is the type of job the 8ball lost. What kind of job takes 10 years to get fired from when the manager wants you gone?

I dunno. He was probably let go because of the economy and just has to blame someone besides Obama.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 05:14:52 PM »
Wow -- who would have thought that some of the first casualties to the marvellous O-Conomy would be the useful idiots ? With all of these 'fired' threads over on the island as of late, I would suspect some of them are starting to realize that they have been had.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 05:19:53 PM »
I dunno. He was probably let go because of the economy and just has to blame someone besides Obama.

No; this is a DUmbass we're talking about here. If a DUmmy's lips are moving or it's hands are tapping away on a keyboard, they're lying about something.

In this case, I think it's the length of time "in service" the DUmbass is lying about.  I haven't run into a DUmpster Denizen yet who could manage to make it past the 90 day probationary period without pissing everybody off, unless they were working the counter at a "medical" marijuana outlet or a pachoulli oil shop.

Last certifiable DUmbass I worked with directly - in the engineering field - claimed to have the same 20+ years of experience that I did in design, yet took the entirety of the 3 weeks that we put up with him to model a single - unusable - spool of pipe.  (Once he was gone, it took me about 2 hours to lay out and iso up the "same" spool.)  Did I mention that he toasted the workstation we put him on by loading up virus-laden DUmbass files from his personal flash drive.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 05:21:22 PM »
Somebody failed the drug test.   :-)

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 08:02:17 PM »
 (Once he was gone, it took me about 2 hours to lay out and iso up the "same" spool.)  Did I mention that he toasted the workstation we put him on by loading up virus-laden DUmbass files from his personal flash drive.

I wish I had the cash to make a movie, we have so much material here to use.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 10:36:05 PM »
The Oconomy is tough on the DUmbasses. DUmmy xultar got her worthless ass canned, and is now expects to devour her yappy snappy little rodent dogs. DUmmy TwixVoy, after living high on the hog throughout Dubya's shredding of the Consitution has now been fired twice, then failed a drug test at the last minute to lose out on a cushy government job at the air  port. DUmmy StraightStory is stuck without any skydiving dough, and can't get a co-conspirator to get his PayPal scam off the ground. Poor stupid Beth, after living in a luxurious apartment in San Francisco throughout both terms of Dubya's presidency, has now been forced into that tiny camper out there in the desert. DUmmy Mythsaje is presumably still out there someplace, living in that hovel with a leak from the upstairs neighbor's toilet driipping through his kitchen ceiling. DUmmy hippywife has now suffered a demotion in the nursing home kitchen, the result of which could be fatal if it reduces the size of the weekly check she turns over to her growling, homicidal spouse. DUmmy 8 track mind has now been canned after enjoying prosperity in a long term career during the nightmare of the Bush presidency. Pammie Dawson still wallows in her self-proclaimed wealth, even though she goes to a laundry  mat, but she has cut off her contacts with the outside world due to believing she's stalked by some wingnut pricks. It's a mean, rough world out there for the DUmmies.

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 11:30:53 PM »
WOW !

You are good !    :bow:

And funny as hell !!!    :rotf:

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 12:01:02 AM »
Good news !

The Straight Story  (1000+ posts)        Fri Mar-05-10 07:47 PM
Original message

A good news thread - By this time tomorrow a dream of mine will come true

When I was 30 and my X and I split and up I moved to California, lived in the desert. I missed my three little boys. Driving around Jack's Ranch road many nights I dreamed of a day they would see the desert and the mountains. I would drive round and round thinking about sharing my life with them out west.

Years later I had lost them and had not seen them for a decade. Came back to Ohio. Found them (well my youngest found me) after their mom died. Still have not seen or talked on the phone to my middle son, though we have talked via email and facebook.

My oldest son is at Fort Hood, in the army. My youngest son is there visiting him - and Josh is taking him out to the desert in the morning, they are going to spend the day ghost hunting and eating places like Jack in the Box (which I loved out in CA) Zach has never seen the desert. Josh went out last week and finally saw the desert. He loved it. Now he and his brother get to share that together.

And my middle son - well he met someone and left this morning for California. And sometime tomorrow he will be driving through Amarillo, TX. And he too will see the desert and the mountains.

I am not there with them to experience it all, but finally they will be there and see the things I have seen.

They, and I, grew up here in Ohio and really never left (well, I did, but not until I was 30). Out west was just a dream - mountains and deserts were just something you saw on TV.

Josh is heading to Iraq soon (lest they change his assignment yet again), Zach is heading back into the army (he left boot camp over personal issues last year, honorable discharge, got some counseling and wants to go back), and Nathaniel is going to the west coast.

I dreamed of this day for them, now by some twist of fate all three will be there tomorrow. Wish I could be there sharing it, but I will be there in spirit with them.

Sometime during the afternoon Saturday my boys will all have seen sights I dreamed they someday would.

Someday, before I pass, I hope to be with them all and watch the sun set over the mountains as a tumbleweed rolls by. But for now I will smile and know that one of my dreams came true, even if I was not there to see it.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7853800

All I will say is he should get all three boy's permission before he plasters their pictures on the DUmp. Maybe they don't want to be all public like that.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 05:43:54 AM »
Jacks Ranch Road, eh?  Sounds like someone tried to set themselves up a meth lab outside of Ridgecrest and it didn't go so well.

And DUmmie, maybe you WON'T see a sunrise with them because they sure as hell don't want to share it with you.  Ever thought of that possibility?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 06:08:29 AM »
Seeing the desert is the pinnacle of this DUmmies life?

Honestly?
For real?
Srsly?

Methinks somebody needs to get out more instead of wallering in self pity....or just eat that bullet and get it over with.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 06:10:19 AM »
Seeing the desert is the pinnacle of this DUmmies life?

Honestly?
For real?
Srsly?

Methinks somebody needs to get out more instead of wallering in self pity....or just eat that bullet and get it over with.

Yeah, it's pretty when it rains in spring for about a week.  Outside of that, there's a reason all the tourists on I-15 heading for Vegas drive 100 mph plus.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline lastparker

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 07:05:13 AM »
The Straight Story  (1000+ posts)        Fri Mar-05-10 07:47 PM
Original message

A good news thread - By this time tomorrow a dream of mine will come true

When I was 30 and my X and I split and up I moved to California, lived in the desert. So I could do what I wanted to do, being the selfish bastard that I am.I missed my three little boys.Then why did you leave them?  I can't even imagine being that selfish. Driving around Jack's Ranch road many nights I dreamed of a day they would see the desert and the mountains. I would drive round and round thinking about sharing my life with them out west.More like gave them a casual thought in between bong hits.

Years later I had lost them and had not seen them for a decade. You didn't "lose" them; you walked away, choosing to pursue your own dreams.Came back to Ohio. Found them (well my youngest found me) after their mom died. He probably only found you to make sure you didn't pass along some mutant gene that could wreck the future generations.Still have not seen or talked on the phone to my middle son, though we have talked via email and facebook.You're lucky they don't block you.

My oldest son is at Fort Hood, in the army. You must be so disappointed.

I don't need to continue.  Just another DUmmy who is reaping what he has sown.  And trying to turn the sordid mess into a poignant love story.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 08:30:05 AM »
You missed the part about the one son who was dishonorably discharged but wants to go back. Is he a nut? A fundie? An Army killing machine? What's that kid's problem?
For people who hate the military so much, they sure do brag about their kids who serve. How do you explain that dichotomy?

Oh well, 8 ball never sees them so they aren't his problem. As long as they see the desert, all will be groovy.
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 10:39:08 AM »
You missed the part about the one son who was dishonorably discharged but wants to go back. Is he a nut? A fundie? An Army killing machine? What's that kid's problem?
For people who hate the military so much, they sure do brag about their kids who serve. How do you explain that dichotomy?

Oh well, 8 ball never sees them so they aren't his problem. As long as they see the desert, all will be groovy.

He was "honorably discharged during boot camp"...not "dishonorably"....if the story is even true.

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2010, 12:47:11 PM »
I saw the desert. It's hot in the day and cold at night. There is cactus and scorpions. My brother was driving an 18-wheeler and I was an "authorized passenger" (insured) and the truck broke down in El Paso. I remember we walked to McDonalds and sat down by the drive-thru sign, he had his dog, and ate our McMuffins. When McDonalds stopped selling breakfast they lost some serious sales, btw.

McDonalds should sell McMuffins 24+7, they would make some serious peso.

Just saying.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 01:07:11 PM »
"8 track mind"

How appropriate.

It's my recollection that 8 tracks didn't work half the time unless you jammed something up under them. Then they'd only work for a few months before they broke, came unspooled and clogged up the works. Then you'd have to untangle the mess they made and replace them.

It is thus with DUmmies.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2010, 03:10:26 PM »
What are you dummies bitching about? Harry Reid said it was wonderful news that only 30k people lost jobs last month. Guess it only sucks if you are one of the 30k.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.