Author Topic: Obamanauts spamming talk radio with phone calls?  (Read 6068 times)

Offline thundley4

Obamanauts spamming talk radio with phone calls?
« on: February 25, 2010, 05:42:22 PM »
http://radio.barackobama.com/

CALLING TIPS

Be polite, respectful, and clear. Remember, you represent Organizing for America.
How radio stations will connect you will depend on the show. Some radio shows may connect you right away, but most will take your name and basic info and put you on hold. You may or may not be able to hear the broadcast on the show while you're waiting. You may hear the radio host say something like, "Hello, we have your name on the line with us."

Some hosts may challenge your views. Stay calm and firm. Sharing a personal story about how health reform affects you and your family is a great way to show the importance and urgency of health reform.
If you can't get through, don't worry! If the show you call is busy or not accepting calls at the moment you call in, simply click "Give me another show" to find another.
DISCUSSION POINTS

These points are only to provide extra information and suggestions. Your personal story will make the most compelling message.

For most Americans, their health care plan covers too little and costs too much. Far too many people delay or even skip the care they need because they simply can’t afford it.

The plan the President laid out includes the largest health care tax cut for middle class families in history and makes coverage more affordable for tens of millions of families and small business owners and expands coverage to over 31 million Americans who are currently uninsured.

This plan will give millions of Americans new choices in health insurance by making coverage more affordable, ending the denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions, putting power in the hands of consumers instead of insurance companies and providing one of the largest tax cuts in history while also reducing our national deficit.
Reform couldn’t be more urgent – just this month consumers in California were told their premiums could go up as much as 39 percent.

Too many in Washington are now saying that we should delay or give up on reform entirely, but Americans understand the stakes for our economy and our lives, and we want action.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Obamanauts spamming talk radio with phone calls?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 05:46:56 PM »
screen cap that
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 05:48:48 PM »
Attack of the seminar callers.  Part Thirty-deux...

Forgive me for not trembling in my boots, DUAC.  ::)  :yawn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 05:53:18 PM »
screen cap that

Done.  I'll make a link available in a couple minutes.

On a side note; call The Randi Rhodes Show?  Really?  Is that the most strident opponent you ****tards can handle??  :loser:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 05:54:25 PM »
This is why liberals can't hide at conservative websites.  It's easy to act like a liberal.  To quote Jack Nicholson, "I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability." 

The opposite almost never works out.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 06:00:17 PM »

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 06:03:37 PM by Chris »
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 06:07:49 PM »
Done.  I'll make a link available in a couple minutes.

On a side note; call The Randi Rhodes Show?  Really?  Is that the most strident opponent you ****tards can handle??  :loser:

You can pick from different shows that are on.  I'd assume that when Rush, Hannity, Oreilly are on, they are the number one choices.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 08:12:10 PM »
You can pick from different shows that are on.  I'd assume that when Rush, Hannity, Oreilly are on, they are the number one choices.

Don't forget Levin although he usually only gives Libs the 20 second time limit which is wonderful cuts them off before they can spew their crap
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 08:13:47 PM »
Maybe if they're "forced" to listen to common sense while on hold, a little will rub off...
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 08:45:07 AM »
Obama campaign arm focuses on talk radio
- Ben Smith: Obama campaign arm focuses on talk radio
February 25, 2010

Obama campaign arm focuses on talk radio
The Democratic National Committee's Organizing for America has quietly launched an initiative aimed at making Obama supporters' voices heard on the largely conservative airwaves.

"The fate of health reform has been a focus of debate in living rooms and offices, on TV and online — and on talk radio. And since millions of folks turn to talk radio as a trusted source of news and opinions, we need to make sure OFA supporters are calling in with a pro-reform message," says the introduction to the online tool.

The online tool presents users with a radio show discussing political topics, to which supporters can listen live, and the phone number for that station, for when health care comes up. It also offers tips for callers and talking points on the issue.

My quick sampling produced Christian radio, a local talk station in Buffalo, and the syndicated talk shows of Dr. Laura Schlessinger and Sean Hannity — who will no doubt be thrilled with their new, liberal callers.

Supporters are then encouraged to report back on their encounters.

Tech President's Nancy Scola writes that the program is a product of a new push inside the organization to develop new software tools to give supporters "achievable, tangible tasks to do that fit into the nooks and crannies of their day to day lives."

So here you go a link to the obama radio campaign and the instructions on what to do....with all the bogus talking points...Now you are armed against those awful right wing talk shows...do your job...get busy with your little dialing finger and put those loose lips in motion.....oh and don't forget to report back

http://radio.barackobama.com/     Organizing for America / On The Air

CALLING TIPS
Be polite, respectful, and clear. Remember, you represent Organizing for America.
How radio stations will connect you will depend on the show. Some radio shows may connect you right away, but most will take your name and basic info and put you on hold. You may or may not be able to hear the broadcast on the show while you're waiting. You may hear the radio host say something like, "Hello, we have your name on the line with us."
Some hosts may challenge your views. Stay calm and firm. Sharing a personal story about how health reform affects you and your family is a great way to show the importance and urgency of health reform.
If you can't get through, don't worry! If the show you call is busy or not accepting calls at the moment you call in, simply click "Give me another show" to find another.

DISCUSSION POINTS

These points are only to provide extra information and suggestions. Your personal story will make the most compelling message.

For most Americans, their health care plan covers too little and costs too much. Far too many people delay or even skip the care they need because they simply can’t afford it.
The plan the President laid out includes the largest health care tax cut for middle class families in history and makes coverage more affordable for tens of millions of families and small business owners and expands coverage to over 31 million Americans who are currently uninsured.
This plan will give millions of Americans new choices in health insurance by making coverage more affordable, ending the denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions, putting power in the hands of consumers instead of insurance companies and providing one of the largest tax cuts in history while also reducing our national deficit.
Reform couldn’t be more urgent – just this month consumers in California were told their premiums could go up as much as 39 percent.
Too many in Washington are now saying that we should delay or give up on reform entirely, but Americans understand the stakes for our economy and our lives, and we want action.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 09:06:38 AM »
yeah -- can't wait to hear Rush, Mark Levin, etc rip the shreds out of these morons! Comedy gold!  :evillaugh:
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 09:18:24 AM »
Same shit, different day.   :whatever:

Don't these morons remember the last time this seminar caller bullshit was tried?  Just like liberal talk radio, it has no value and it will fail miserably.

However, how these callers will be chewed up and spit out will be pure comedic gold.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline thundley4

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 09:43:41 AM »
Neal Boortz handle them with little to no effort what so ever....
Neal is my favorite talk show host.....
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 09:48:13 AM »

My God, they don't even bother hiding their lies any more.  :bs:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 09:48:53 AM »
I heard about this on the Matt Friedeman show this morning.  I just rolled my eyes.  The only thing this will accomplish is make the liberals look like ignoramuses both in the fact that they will utterly fail when drilled by people smarter than they, but also in the fact that they would need such a website in the first place.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 06:04:40 PM »
This isn't from the island, but is from The commanding offices of the Obama administration. Barack "The Campaign is Over" Obama is still campaigning, and is still targeting radio listeners.

http://radio.barackobama.com/

CALLING TIPS

• Be polite, respectful, and clear. Remember, you represent Organizing for America.
  • How radio stations will connect you will depend on the show. Some radio shows may connect you right away, but most will take your name and basic info and put you on hold. You may or may not be able to hear the broadcast on the show while you're waiting. You may hear the radio host say something like, "Hello, we have your name on the line with us."
  • Some hosts may challenge your views. Stay calm and firm. Sharing a personal story about how health reform affects you and your family is a great way to show the importance and urgency of health reform.
  • If you can't get through, don't worry! If the show you call is busy or not accepting calls at the moment you call in, simply click "Give me another show" to find another.

And there you have it - The Official word on Spamming radio stations with OBouncy Tales.  Expect many more from the DUmp in the not too distant future.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 07:39:27 PM »
It'll never work.  They didn't give them the bouncy stories they want them to tell.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 11:21:13 AM »
If I was a radio host I'd let them spew their bouncies then at the end of the week let the listeners vote on the worst bouncy for the week.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 11:25:51 AM »
If I was a radio host I'd let them spew their bouncies then at the end of the week let the listeners vote on the worst bouncy for the week.  :-)

I'd make an announcement after letting them spew their talking points.

"The preceding was a Democrat Talking Point brought to you courtesy of 0bama and radiobarack.com and the MInistry of Truth."

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 11:31:01 AM »

"The preceding was a Democrat Talking Point brought to you courtesy of 0bama and radiobarack.com and the MInistry of Truth."

I like that idea.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 11:41:23 AM »
I like that idea.

I just don't think that the public would like the idea of Obama and his supporters doing this. It's the same thing as those phony letters being written to different papers by the same person.  Astroturfing taken to the radio waves.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 12:15:57 PM »
I just don't think that the public would like the idea of Obama and his supporters doing this. It's the same thing as those phony letters being written to different papers by the same person.  Astroturfing taken to the radio waves.

Funny how these people accused the tea party of astroturfing. Liberals have projection down to a science and an art form.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2010, 12:18:33 PM »

The problem I see with that tactic is that the general population won't believe it.  It needs to hit ABC, NBC and CBS.  Won't happen but it should.

Hey, DUmmies, if the media is so right wing why won't they report stories like these?  These are kinda important.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2010, 12:21:27 PM »
I heard a brief mention of this on Fox yesterday, and that was it.