Author Topic: I was wondering how they would respond to the Amy Bishop thing..  (Read 8955 times)

Offline terry

I was wondering how they would respond to the Amy Bishop thing..
« on: February 16, 2010, 10:39:10 AM »
Total moonbat teacher goes nuts, possibly over being denied tenure..

I can only find one thread

link

and it avoids any discussion of the nature of the beast.

Boston Herald

"A family source said Bishop, a mother of four children - the youngest a third-grade boy - was a far-left political extremist who was “obsessed” with President Obama to the point of being off-putting".

Offline Karin

Re: I was wondering how they would respond to the Amy Bishop thing..
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 11:01:34 AM »
Just 3 short, inconsequential replies and no more.  She is one of them.  Moonbat Obamabot.  Look at all the mental illness over there...that one chick having a bipolar/menopausal "moment" which made her husband run for the hills, never to return.   

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 11:55:43 AM »
Dollars to dougnuts she's a member. That's the reason for the silence.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 12:05:22 PM »
Dollars to dougnuts she's a member. That's the reason for the silence.

Gotta agree with you.  Matter of fact, I've got the office moonbat, an Obot, over my shoulder as I type this, denying the whole thing as a "right-wing agenda."
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 12:07:02 PM »
To be fair they haven't ignored it, although there is a lot of crazy in the many threads they have on it. link

Offline terry

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 12:50:07 PM »
To be fair they haven't ignored it, although there is a lot of crazy in the many threads they have on it. link

Ahh I didn't look back far enough.  I didn't realize it happened on Friday.  :thatsright:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 12:50:29 PM »
She's locked up for capital murder, so won't be able to bond out. That's too bad, because it would be great if she could log on and let us know her DUmp username. I'm sure the DUmmies suspect she's one of them. I don't recognize her from their picture threads but she fits the DUmmy template to a T.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 12:57:30 PM »
Gotta agree with you.  Matter of fact, I've got the office moonbat, an Obot, over my shoulder as I type this, denying the whole thing as a "right-wing agenda."

You could have Lebron James' kind of money and you STILL wouldn't be able to buy that kind of crazy.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 12:58:15 PM »
She's locked up for capital murder, so won't be able to bond out. That's too bad, because it would be great if she could log on and let us know her DUmp username. I'm sure the DUmmies suspect she's one of them. I don't recognize her from their picture threads but she fits the DUmmy template to a T.
If she gets to death row then that woman who is always taking out an onion for  death row prisoners will be posting like mad about her.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 01:13:36 PM »
Maybe her DU name is Untenured?

Offline Karin

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 03:01:56 PM »
Bijou's link shows a list of related threads.  The most recent has zero comments.  The second on the list blames guns and gun owners and gun permits.  The third is hilarious:  Forkboy's involved and it's a series of "what do you think?" "I'm not saying, what do you think?"  "You're just going to heckle me."  "You're a troll."  "You don't have any guts to give an honest answer."  and on and on and on until it gets locked for being flamebait.

Also, some newbie had this to say: 

Prof Lester (16 posts)        Mon Feb-15-10 12:00 PM
Response to Original message
32. Spoiled Rotten Rich Bitch
 Uh-huh. If this was a poor black woman she would still be in prison for shooting her brother, never mind trying to bomb some other fellow and shooting some more. The system let her off because she is nothing but a spoiled rotten rich bitch. Waste of time to psychologize about this. It's racist, it's classist, it's just SOP.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 03:06:34 PM by Karin »

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 03:08:36 PM »
oh noes.  someone's asking for the granite pizza.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 03:42:27 PM »
Maybe her DU name is Untenured?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 05:01:20 PM »
There is no doubt in my mind that she was a member of KOS if not DU to boot, she may have been too introverted to post anything that could ever be run back to her, or she may have let the crazy out to play and gotten banned at some point. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 06:44:37 PM »
There is no doubt in my mind that she was a member of KOS if not DU to boot, she may have been too introverted to post anything that could ever be run back to her, or she may have let the crazy out to play and gotten banned at some point. 

The easiest thing would be to try to find a Photobucket account or something similar, and then find where it has been linked to.  - that is if one is interested in 'snooping' on a potential primitive.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 12:08:03 AM »
You can bet your last dime on the fact that every Left wing Libtard website in the country is scouring their member lists as we speak to make sure that Ms. Bishop either was never or is now not a member of their website.

Further I'd be willing to bet that the first words from $kimmers mouth was "oh sh*t" followed by a rush to his computer to start checking the member list data base.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 12:24:29 AM »

Oh I guaranDamnTeeYa, she is a member of one of the sites "we will always name"! Heh!

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 12:35:39 AM »
I was thinking what spin they are going to put on it if she is on it
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 02:13:14 AM »
I was thinking what spin they are going to put on it if she is on it

Oh hell, she'll be a damnded martyr! They're all misunderstood doncha know!

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 11:32:37 AM »
Here's their most desperate response to Amy Bishop yet:
Joanne98  (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-17-10 12:26 PM
Original message
The guy that shot the Hooters waitress was a Neil Boortz's fan.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 11:43:58 AM »
It seems that some DUmmies are trying to justify or excuse her actions based on the problems of getting tenure.

Raspberry (233 posts)           Wed Feb-17-10 08:59 AM
Original message
Thoughts on tenure

There may be a problem with the whole tenure system. My son is a PhD candidate in biology, so he is aware of some of the pitfalls in the system. In his opinion, being denied tenure would mean that Amy Bishop's career, at age 45, was essentially over. A tenure denial would probably have meant that no top school would touch her, and that she would never reach her full potential. One of my son's undergrad profs was denied tenure, and ended up teaching at a community college. And while that is still a career in academia, it means fewer opportunities for research, for grants, for publication.

Interestingly enough, my son also mentioned the grad students who may have been working on her projects. They will all probably have to start over, too, and that's no small thing for them. My son has already put four years into work on his degree, and he still has a couple of years to go.

For those of you who are more 'in the know about this' than me, what do all think of the whole tenure systemf? http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7731158

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 11:50:29 AM »
It seems that some DUmmies are trying to justify or excuse her actions based on the problems of getting tenure.
Of course they are. They're a bunch of :asshat:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 11:51:39 AM »
My son has already put four years into work on his degree, and he still has a couple of years to go.

Geez....SIX years working on a PhD.........most normal candidates could have earned two in that time.......further, most doctorial committees place time limits on candidates......typically four years, if you can't write and defend your thesis in that time, you just ain't doctorial timber.

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 12:16:27 PM »
Geez....SIX years working on a PhD.........most normal candidates could have earned two in that time.......further, most doctorial committees place time limits on candidates......typically four years, if you can't write and defend your thesis in that time, you just ain't doctorial timber.
doc
He's thirty-five, living in her basement for free. Several of those years were spent "fixin' to think about" getting a degree. My guess is it will be a lot more than two years before he completes his education.