Author Topic: Will Pitt on his tale of childhood bullying  (Read 3780 times)

Offline Kimberly

Will Pitt on his tale of childhood bullying
« on: February 08, 2010, 07:56:53 PM »
Will must be craving the adulation of his DU glory days and figured this would be the most successful way back in by playing on their sympathies. Or maybe he needs more hits on his truthout drivel. So we get this fictitious sob story about the poor little rich boy who's mercilessly bullied which proves he understands their misery and a kindred spirit of the permanently unable to get past junior high. Actually, this is a not a bad idea to worm his way back into the hearts of the DUmmies and it might work.

I have a livid scar in the center of the back of my right hand. It is clearly visible, so I see it every day, and every time I see it, I am reminded of how I got it. One day, several boys in my junior high school class grabbed me and pinned me to the floor. They extended my right arm and held my hand flat to the floor. One of them took out a pencil and began violently rubbing it against the skin of that hand, until the skin broke, until little balls of my flesh stuck to the eraser, until the blood poured.

I did not cry, I did not scream, and with four larger boys crushing down on me, I could not fight back. See, that was the thing. They wanted to see how long I could go before I wept or cried out. These boys, and several of their friends, had been attacking me on a daily basis for more than two years at this point, and I had stopped giving them the satisfaction of my tears. They didn't like that, so the eraser was meant to elicit the response they desired. They never got it, so they finally stopped ripping my hand open with the eraser, and the four of them settled for beating me up again.

For five long years, this was my life. It began toward the end of grammar school, when the first stirrings of puberty began to manifest itself within my classmates and me. To this day, I don't know exactly what the catalyst was; one day, I was just another kid in the group, and the next day I was the outcast, the butt of the joke, the loser. I changed schools after sixth grade, opting for a small private boy's school instead of continuing in public school with the same group that had made the last two years of my life a living hell. Within two months at the new school, however, the same pattern of harassment and rejection emerged once again, but with a far harsher edge.

There's more but it's way too long to bring all of it over

However, mother Raven's not too pleased with this new soul baring disclosure.

Raven  (1000+ posts)      Mon Feb-08-10 06:00 PM
Response to Original message
83. Where were your parents through all of this?

WilliamPitt  (1000+ posts)        Mon Feb-08-10 06:06 PM
Response to Reply #83
87. Working 18-hour days to keep the lights on 
 Edited on Mon Feb-08-10 06:06 PM by WilliamPitt
The parents of kids who get bullied, especially mine, deserve no censure because of this. Ask anyone on this thread; no matter how good parents are, they can't be in the school to keep it from happening. The girl who committed suicide last week had, by all reports, a total Norman Rockwell life. It doesn't matter.

The fault lies with the little bastards who did it, the parents of those little bastards who failed to raise them properly, and the school personnel who allowed it to happen under their noses.

Not talking about it allows it to continue.

Raven  (1000+ posts)      Mon Feb-08-10 06:11 PM
Response to Reply #87
93. Just for the record: would have liked a "heads up" before you plublished
 this. It was a shock and it says to me that no matter what I did, I couldn't reach you on this. No matter how many talks...no matter how many "Mom, everything's ok" didn't matter. So now, 25 years later, I'm reading this on Truthout and DU....for the first time. 

Guess you didn't notice that "livid scar" in the middle of his right hand.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Will Pitt on his tale of childhood bullying
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 08:04:31 PM »
weird. Raven is mom... where were your parents?...

:o

BTW- It bears a little resemblance to that Harry Potter scene where the teacher forces him to write on his hand until it bled.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 08:08:24 PM »
Uh, when and where was the Bostonian Drunkard ever a "dean"?

I'm sure he would've mentioned it on his self-published biography on wikipedia.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 08:09:47 PM »
Is anyone aware of any cartoon characters named "Dean"?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline kenth

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 08:09:51 PM »
 :rotf: :rotf:

lol. Pitt forgot all about mom being on DU. I'm sure he got a chill when he saw her post, hoping she won't screw things up for his big comeback.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 08:11:28 PM »
I was bullied.

A LOT.

Then one day I busted the shit bag in the face. We trade blows for no few number of seconds.

I never got bullied much after that.

Whoever says violence never solved anything needs to get his teeth rapped.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 08:19:20 PM »
I was bullied.

A LOT.

Then one day I busted the shit bag in the face. We trade blows for no few number of seconds.

Exactly. They don't call it survival of the fittest for no reason.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 08:23:57 PM »
I was bullied.

A LOT.

Simple rules of the playground. We do our children a disservice with this "conflict resolution" crap, unless that conflict resolution includes physical self defense.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 08:27:34 PM »
They tried to erase Pitt?  They should have used White-out. 

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 08:38:55 PM »
They tried to erase Pitt?  They should have used White-out. 
:rofl:

you win. best reply evah!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 08:39:48 PM »
Once a loser, always a loser. And now, on top of that, at the DUmp he's a looser.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 08:41:32 PM »
Once a loser, always a loser. And now, on top of that, at the DUmp he's a looser.

And even his mom is forced to publicly acknowledge he's a loser.  How sad.  How pathetic.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 09:09:00 PM »
He got bullied, moved to a different school for a fresh start and got bullied there.  I guess some people are just meant to be victims and then they grow into liberals.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 09:19:44 PM »
I was bullied.

A LOT.

I wasn't physically bullied in school..due to one incident on the school bus.  A kid that was 3 or 4 years older than me used to bully the very small kids horribly.  He'd lost an arm in a farm accident, and used the pinchers on his hook to pinch little boys' ears until they cried.  One day, he did it to my baby brother.  I marched to the back of the bus and punched him.  Of course, I got in trouble, not the older kid.   ::)

A couple days later, he sat right behind me on the bus.  At one point, my books fell off the seat, and he decided to kick me in the head when I bent down to get them.  I came over the back of the seat at him, slapped him 4 times across the face.  I got in trouble again, but he never hit me or harrassed my brothers again.  :-)

The bigger they are, the more cowardly.  It takes quite a coward to back down to a girl 4 years younger. 

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Specbid

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 09:20:32 PM »
will, you're an effin' p*ssy.

Offline Specbid

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 09:44:27 PM »
To this day, I don't know exactly what the catalyst was; one day, I was just another kid in the group, and the next day I was the outcast, the butt of the joke, the loser.

Was that the day you claimed Rove would be indicted within 24 "business" hours?

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 01:55:34 AM »
Lorien  (1000+ posts)      Mon Feb-08-10 08:47 PM

129. I was also constantly bullied from first through tenth grade

It's part of the legacy of Reaganism and I don't think that the trend will reverse any time soon.

Lorien  (1000+ posts)     

142. The more vicious and cruel a person is the further the get ahead-just like the BFEE.

A two-for!

undergroundpanther  (1000+ posts)        Mon Feb-08-10 09:17 PM

143. Thanks.

For saying it. I have too many scars to count.Some were made by taking a razor to my own skin.Why do I do this? I do it to rewrite,to learn how to nurture this body,to remember, because the body keeps the score.

Uh, filet=nurture?

Blue Texas Voter (13 posts)     Mon Feb-08-10 10:13 PM
172. My Grandson has Systemic Lupus and is a victim of Bullying

If you are caught fighting you receive a ticket of $700.00 whether your guilty or not, this is a Texas law so the shool district does not discourage fighting because they are racking in the money.
:bs: Not in my part of Texas. 

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 02:45:31 AM »
Guess it never occurred to Will that if he has the same problem at 2 very different schools, perhaps the problem is his personality. In high school I found the best way to not be bullied was to date bikers.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 07:54:57 AM »
Will & Gang are all nincompoops

Offline kenth

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 09:00:53 AM »
I did not cry, I did not scream, and with four larger boys crushing down on me, I could not fight back. See, that was the thing. They wanted to see how long I could go before I wept or cried out. These boys, and several of their friends, had been attacking me on a daily basis for more than two years at this point, and I had stopped giving them the satisfaction of my tears.

Hell. I'm betting those couple of days in the Texas sun made him cry. Wasn't he whining about fire ants? I know they would make him cry.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 09:34:15 AM »
Raven  (1000+ posts)      Mon Feb-08-10 06:11 PM
Response to Reply #87
93. Just for the record: would have liked a "heads up" before you plublished
 this. It was a shock and it says to me that no matter what I did, I couldn't reach you on this. No matter how many talks...no matter how many "Mom, everything's ok" didn't matter. So now, 25 years later, I'm reading this on Truthout and DU....for the first time. 
He'll get back to you in 24 Business Hours, Mom.  :-)

Javaman  (1000+ posts)        Tue Feb-09-10 09:11 AM
232. Chipped teeth, broken hand, scars on my hands, arms and face. 
 Lord of the flies junior and senior high.

Thankfully, most of those bastards are now in prison or dead.

As for the teachers, they live with their guilt anytime one of us confronts them on their past evils. I no longer live in my hometown or anywhere near it, but my close friends, who still do, make sure when they bump into these teachers, that these classroom stalin's remember the evil they did by allowing these things to happen

AnnieBW  (1000+ posts)         Mon Feb-08-10 04:09 PM
7. The only difference between me and Dylan Klebold
 was that I didn't have access to guns. If I did, I would have shot a couple of the kids who bullied me for being fat.

Ken Burch  (1000+ posts)         Mon Feb-08-10 10:07 PM
Response to Reply #7
158. God, I hear ya.
 In my case...not just fat...try fat, short, with glasses, not good at sports, but with a big vocabulary. It's amazing I got out of Junior High alive

CaliforniaPeggy  (1000+ posts)         Mon Feb-08-10 04:19 PM
18. My God, Will...
 What a horrific story. My heart goes out to you, for all you have suffered. It makes me weep...

I hope that you will find peace at last...

And that this epidemic of abuse, given and taken, will finally end.

K&R
:rolleyes: FFS. Dear Gawd yes it must have been absolutely BRUTAL growing up as an alchoholic halfwit trust fund baby failed journalist, failed poitical campaign staffer who has to play the victim card to get some attention. You should addopt him Peg. Maybe you could nurse him daily. It might do both of you some good. JHC.

Gman2  (1000+ posts)         Mon Feb-08-10 04:21 PM
20. I was the skinniest kid in Jr high, and had gangs chase me home every day.   
 I told my parents about one guy that threw bricks at me. I had a comference with the pronciple. He finally, after hearing the whole story said, Yknow, sticks and stones etc. My parents said that to deal with this, I will get a beating, unless I fight back. So, I started fighting. I fought about 2-3 times a week. usually one grade up. I have beat the shit outta likely two hundred punks. Were that not the case, I would still suffer from that. Teachers dont want trouble. Now, both get expelled. My education was shit, of course.

TrogL  (1000+ posts)        Mon Feb-08-10 06:05 PM
Response to Reply #73
86. So what do you do about the sexual stuff?
 The endless homophobic taunts?

Having your pants pulled down to your ankles in the middle of the hall during rush hour?

Being swarmed in the washroom?

TrogL  (1000+ posts)        Mon Feb-08-10 05:08 PM
Response to Reply #29
55. Where are the parents?
 Bullies/sociopaths themselves

Drunk

In jail

Watching professional wrestling on TV

TrogL  (1000+ posts)        Mon Feb-08-10 06:07 PM
Response to Reply #78
89. No point. That just makes it worse
 My parents went to the principal. The principal retaliated in class saying I shouldn't have dragged my parents into it and should stand up for myself
Ladies and gentlemen... I give you the focus of the "But he was so QUIET" reference when they finally find the tenth or eleventh missing hooker...

Holy Hell what a bunch of ****ing rejects.

Hey DU?

[youtube=425,350]KAZgZ-JyzjI[/youtube]

libodem  (1000+ posts)        Mon Feb-08-10 04:15 PM
13. Thanks, Will
 Your story certainly humanizes you. It's very touching and I can relate. I grew up in a very small town with a hierarchical mentality. I was on a pretty low rung of the ladder. Sensitive, smart and shy. What a hellish combo. Thanks for sharing.

tXr (223 posts)      Mon Feb-08-10 08:31 PM
Response to Reply #13
123. It is a terribly sad commentary on our society that sensitive, smart, and shy is
 considered a "hellish combo".

<hugs>for what you went through.
:rolleyes:

As for the rest of you jackholes...

« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 09:50:42 AM by asdf2231 »

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 10:06:07 AM »
Too bad Young Will didn't have his trusty can of Chef Boyardee at the time.The bully would have felt his fury for sure! :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 10:11:41 AM »
By the time I got to middle school and high school people were so busy in their own little cliques, I honestly didn't notice a lot of teasing. Granted, I was never a target but word gets around about these kinds of things.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 10:23:50 AM »
Guess it never occurred to Will that if he has the same problem at 2 very different schools, perhaps the problem is his personality. In high school I found the best way to not be bullied was to date bikers.

Cindie

It is a kind of ugly biological fact that kids will pick out the weak link or links and behave badly toward them.  Adults do it too, of course, but usually in more socially-acceptable ways.  In his case I can certainly see how it ended up being him. 

By high school, he may have started dating bikers too.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 11:22:11 AM »
Will Pitt can tell it to the proverbial hand...

I was born and raised a Navy brat.  That means that every 18 months - 30 at the outside - I had a new home, new school, new neighborhood and new kids to play with as a yute.  I have been an "outsider" for as long as I can remember. I got "bullied" every time I showed up at a new school.  I learned I had two options: I could toughen up, strike back and deal with whatever consequences there might have been, or I could toughen up and take/ignore the abuse.  Either way, it required me to toughen up, grow a pair and get on with the business of living.

Pitt is what? 40?  45? 55?   And this ****er is still traumatized by a bully who probably doesn't even remember this pathetic cowardly ****?  Cry me a ****in' river DUmbass.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus