Author Topic: Report: Spitzer to Make Announcment Following Admission of 'Involvement' With Pr  (Read 11134 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Report: Spitzer to Make Announcment Following Admission of 'Involvement' With Prostitution Ring

Monday, March 10, 2008

E-Mail Respond Print

New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer scheduled an abrupt announcement Monday from his office as news reports were breaking that the governor told staffers he was involved in a prostitution ring.

Spitzer, who was especially tough on corporate crime as New York attorney general, told his staff Monday that he was involved in the ring, according to The New York Times' Web site, citing an anonymous administration official. No further details regarding his involvement were immediately available.

Just last week, four arrests were made in connection to a high-profile prostitution ring involving big-dollar clients.

HAHAHAHAHA! :rotf:  It's a ring broken up by the Feds! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I'm listening to the beginnings of the press conference now! :rotf:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Any mention of the fact that he is a...............DEMOCRAT..........I didn't think so......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

remember there was some 'high level' politico that was going to be busted in some sex thing? the DUmp thought it was definitely going to be the GOP, and speculated about who it might be for weeks.

then, nothing ever came of it.

HuffPo was going to break it .. or threatened to, then it was some other big time name (NYT?) I dont remember, but the whole story just floated away..

until today.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator

Offline lastparker

:-) :-) :-)

I wonder who else might get caught up in this dragnet...... the possibilities are endless....
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Watch Hillary backpedal like no tomorrow! Didn't she already have to eat her words on his illegal alien policies?
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
I wonder what the DUmmies will have to say about this?

Especially considering the Dems have people thinking that ONLY Republicans get caught in things like this.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Lacarnut

He has been indicted for making interstate phone calls to a whore house in DC. Each one of his numerous phone calls  carries a max jail time of 5 years in prison. Don't you just love the FBI taping or getting hold of his cell phone records. This could not happen to a better deserving prick. Wall Street is celebrating. Plus, there are charges that he used the NY state police to dig up dirt on his Repub. opponent.

This jackass has yet to formally announce his resignation. I guess he thinks that his wealth and being a Dummiecrat entitles him to keep his job.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
^How long until the DUmp is blaming on BushCo and their "spying on Americans!"
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
It has already started. I have one thread in The Dumpster, but there is so much at DU on this it is hard to pick out the special madness.  :hyper:

Offline BlueStateSaint

He has been indicted for making interstate phone calls to a whore house in DC. Each one of his numerous phone calls  carries a max jail time of 5 years in prison. Don't you just love the FBI taping or getting hold of his cell phone records. This could not happen to a better deserving prick. Wall Street is celebrating. Plus, there are charges that he used the NY state police to dig up dirt on his Repub. opponent.

This jackass has yet to formally announce his resignation. I guess he thinks that his wealth and being a Dummiecrat entitles him to keep his job.

He supposedly had the New York State Police trail NYS Senator Joe Bruno, and report on all his movements.  The Albany Times Union has had it out for Sen. Bruno, as well.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline paladin0

The word is he will resign tonight.

Paladin0
"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm."
—James Madison, Federalist No. 10

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator

He supposedly had the New York State Police trail NYS Senator Joe Bruno, and report on all his movements.  The Albany Times Union has had it out for Sen. Bruno, as well.

They have kissed Spitzers backside for years in NY,the SNL jokes about Obamas treatment by the press are nothing in comparison.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion

They have already blamed Lord Rove.......................... :bow: ALL HAIL TEH ROVE  :bow:

:lmao:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
This just came out of the blue. Let’s not forget that he wanted to give illegals driver’s license.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

They have already blamed Lord Rove.......................... :bow: ALL HAIL TEH ROVE  :bow:

Indeed!  :bow:

In all seriousness, I have to ask:  What are the odds of him resigning?

To me, it seems he will likely pull a "Kwame" and just go into hiding.   :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

To me, it seems he will likely pull a "Kwame" and just go into hiding.   :whatever:

ACC, the odds of him resigning are 100%.  Let's remember something--he's a "superdelegate" who supports HilLIARy.  While it is true that he's innocent until proven guilty, his attornies are hurrying up the New York State Thruway (I-87), as I type, to Albany, with his resignation letter.  And, Lieutenant Governor David Paterson has supposedly reached out to a judge to administer the Oath of Office, to make him the Governor. 

Chase her.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Not worth a new thread, but this opinion piece from India Daily is hilarious.

Hillary Clinton supporter Eliot Spitzer’s prostitution ring connection just make it more important to ask for ‘change we can believe’
Kartik Punaskar
Mar. 10, 2008

The democratic party in NY and NJ is corrupted for a long time. But what happened today is beyond any thing we can think of. The man who was giving driver’s license to every illegal alien and a strong supporter of Hillary Clinton is now indicted on being ‘client number 9’ in the prostitution ring.

This is just another reason why we need a real change – not the one that Hillary Clinton is calling for. This is the reason why Obama must lead the Democratic party.

Democratic party of NY and NJ is corrupted. PA is not far behind. We need a thorough change and morality back in NY and NJ politics. A former NJ Governor was also caught in illegitimate homosexual activities a few years back.

The immorality and corruption is so deep rooted in the politicians of NY, NJ and PA, that it is unbelievable.

This sheds dark lights on typical Hillary Clinton supporters.

http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/19223.asp

Offline Airwolf

So this is what they mean by cleaning up on ethics?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator

Offline Chris_

ACC, the odds of him resigning are 100%.  Let's remember something--he's a "superdelegate" who supports HilLIARy.  While it is true that he's innocent until proven guilty, his attornies are hurrying up the New York State Thruway (I-87), as I type, to Albany, with his resignation letter.  And, Lieutenant Governor David Paterson has supposedly reached out to a judge to administer the Oath of Office, to make him the Governor. 

Oh, okay.  Thanks for the info, since I've only read a couple of articles so far regarding the situation.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
It seems now that the reason for the delay is there is some kind of behind the scenes wrangling going on about the transfer of power and making it all legal and such.

Peter Kin (R-NY) is on with Hannity and he said he expects Spitzer to resign by this evening.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline BlueStateSaint

It seems now that the reason for the delay is there is some kind of behind the scenes wrangling going on about the transfer of power and making it all legal and such.

Peter Kin (R-NY) is on with Hannity and he said he expects Spitzer to resign by this evening.

Yup.  The rumor is 7 PM . . .

Chase her.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
People who adamently say they are not going to resign, usually end up resigning. I am not surprised by Spitzer.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Prostitute for the Night $4300
Nite at the Plaza $700
Being Featured in a criminal indictment at the Smokinggun.com Priceless.